Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#26 Old 15th Dec 2019 at 11:59 PM
Split personality? Like Jekyll and Hyde. The unstable trait does something similar but I don't like that it randomizes each time. I wish we could make 2 sets of personality for the person to randomly switch between.
Advertisement
Instructor
#28 Old 17th Dec 2019 at 8:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
everytime a sim drives there should be a % chance of a car accident, etc...

You've seen how they drive, they'd all be dead within the hour

In other news I no longer have a hole in my mesh! Only took several days and about 10 years off my life but we're getting there
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#29 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 6:10 PM
Seems like nobody come to mind when coding in story progression: Have some Sims (or whole household) move out to another house (expensive one if whole family) when there not enough of beds to accommodate them all. Happens to too many households in sunset valley :/

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:28 PM
This thread is interesting. I was looking through Sims 3 PS3s files recently, hoping I could find out why it loads so fast. It loads much faster even than TS4!

It turns out that Sims 3 Console uses Sims 4's package file format for some reason. It also uses some TS4 terms that aren't present in TS3 PC, such as Loading and Unloading Zones. My theory is that TS4 was developed as a sequel to the console versions? Idk, lol.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#31 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 10:58 PM
https://i.redd.it/d2zuaio3k8641.jpg

Mad Poster
#32 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 11:26 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 22nd Dec 2019 at 11:42 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wojtek
Alright. Finally I can upload a teaser of an unfinished Twinbrook remake. There's a lot to be done even before I begin testing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvJ93RKwug4

@Wojtek

Looks great!

I wonder if there's any sort of way to simulate some fallout effect, just to make going outside more dangerous? This is one thing I've always wanted with survival worlds, just to raise the stakes and make it more challenging to explore.

Maybe via the weather effects (overheating and freezing), but that might take some investigation!

- I wonder if there's any way of changing the temperatures at which sims start to freeze or burn to an average temperature.
- NRAAS Tempest allows you to set the world temperatures and seasons
- I wonder if the moodlet strings could be renamed? I.e. heatstroke = radiation burn

- Explorable lots can be set as tombs, just to prevent players from looking inside, and to emphasize the exploration element.
- Mummies could be retextured into ghouls or mutants!
Mad Poster
#34 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:16 AM
There are several videos on Youtube of soundtracks from various Sims games. You can hear for yourself what they sound like before putting them in your game.

https://www.youtube.com/results?sea...sims+soundtrack
Mad Poster
#35 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 9:58 AM
Wait....are you telling me there's people who don't live their entire lives to the sweet, nostalgic tunes of the TS1 soundtrack playing in their heads?
I don't know where I'd be without that smooth 90s jazz-new age hybrid.

But I really don't know what you mean by "cheap computer noise", considering the TS3 soundtrack is largely orchestral whereas TS1 was a bunch of guys in a small room full of instruments, both acoustic and electronic.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#37 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 10:10 PM Last edited by AGuyCalledPi : 23rd Dec 2019 at 10:25 PM.
Well it'd be difficult not to mix music digitally, or you'd have to go full analog. That hasn't really been a thing since, uh, the 70s, and obviously has to be converted and remastered for use in a digital format anyway. And unlike with, say, video equipment it wouldn't add some sort of nostalgic flair to the whole thing since the only noticeable shortcomings of digital audio are usually on the listener's end rather than the studio end.

Listening to the game's soundtrack now, having not heard it myself in a few years, I definitely see where you're coming from though. It's a 2000s thing. I'm not well-educated on the whys and hows of 2000s music production but I know for a fact that there is a lot of clearly digital instrumentation. It seems to drown out the orchestral elements. It's that, and perhaps poor judgement to pick this style for the game's soundtrack. Compared to TS2 it's clearly less whimsical, since TS3 itself is perhaps a lot less whimsical, but much like 2000s graphic design, architecture and fashion it only seems to result in some sort of inherent blandness. If you can't tell, I'm not a fan of the 2000s and I don't know if that's subject to change.

Despite that I don't think the soundtrack is a major flaw or anything, and some of the songs are quite enjoyable. But it's undoubtedly the worst soundtrack in the franchise, especially when compared to TS4's which is stylistically similar but plays more on the strengths of its orchestra. The parts played in the studio compliment the timbral qualities of the orchestra, rather than competing with them.

Anyway, if you need me to complain at length about the greater effects the digital revolution has had on the music industry since, let's say, digital technology becoming an established standard for audio in the mid-80s, I'm right here with my obsolete CD collection, my analog synthesizer, and my weirdly counteractive belief that electronic music is the best thing to happen to popular culture in living history.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#39 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 4:12 AM
Thanks! I've been thinking of making the world more dangerous but I can't create script mods. For example, I wanted to copy the dystopian effects from ITF Oasis Landing (atmosphere & lighting, meteor showers, geysers etc.) but found it impossible. As far as monsters are concerned, it seems like a good idea to retexture zombies and mummies, but then I don't want to make it too falloutish as it's still a sims game. Changing the temperature at which sims freeze or burn or world temperature is doable and I may implement it. Or maybe make sims burn outside like vampires do, limited to certain weather effects, for example but it would require a script mod which I'm unable to create. There's not much explaration as such because most buildings have been turned into uninhabitable ruins.

You could possibly ask around to see if any modders may be interested in helping with some scripting. Otherwise, the temperature option is probably the most straightforward option.

I wonder what conditions cause the ITF dystopian effects? Could be worth investigating and asking in the CAW section of the modding forum. http://modthesims.info/t/514432
https://www.carls-sims-4-guide.com/forum/?topic=20031.0

Maybe for the ruins, you could scatter some chests around and have them give out ancient coins? Scrap spawners would also be a good option as well. These could be good mechanics for resource collection- especially if you want to set rules for limiting construction.
Top Secret Researcher
#40 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 2:24 PM
"Changing the temperature at which sims freeze or burn or world temperature is doable and I may implement it. Or maybe make sims burn outside like vampires do, limited to certain weather effects, for example but it would require a script mod which I'm unable to create."
https://www.nraas.net/community/Tempest
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#41 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 12:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
So is there a mod that can give sims massive negative moodlet if they are single when they turn adult? Seems like they only get lonely from low social bar. That is unrealistic. To be realistic, they should get depressed from singleness.

Unfortunately not a mod, but Social Butterfly trait would be the closest candidate for that (at least from what I heard ) Apply it to everyone

Mad Poster
Original Poster
#42 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 12:37 AM
Twinbrook experienced a severe flood, which lasted for 3 weeks. It was a mild prelude to what happened in the following days after the waters retreated.

Central Park

Moments before the light went out

After electricity was cut.

Town hall

Industrial district

Hospital and police station

The richest district wasn't spared either.

That's pretty creative, if I do say so myself

Mad Poster
#43 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 1:43 AM
Yeah, that's pretty creative. I don't think anyone's had the idea to recreate post-Brexit Britain in The Sims before. Just needs a few fires and it's perfect.

insert signature here
Scholar
#44 Old 31st Dec 2019 at 9:49 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Let's talk about coffee, or the lack of it. My Sims need coffee. Just regular black coffee, not all these fancy 'cinos with the sugary swirly creamy bits.

Sorry for "being late to the party" but I did not see this thread until now...

anyway, I agree to the statement about the coffee. In my opinion, most of the drinks and the food in the TS3 seems to be made up. Yes, really! In TS2 the food was real and in TS4 I have seen some real stuff. But in TS3 all the stuff seems to be made up. Whit an extra doze of vego as the cherry on top. I have no problem whit my sims eating "green" but at least make it real.

Edit before posting: Just to make sure that I'm not making a fool of myself on new years eve I went in on this page an took a look https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Food The food in the list seems to be very real and not so vego oriented as the meals in my game (I got the Swedish version). What the hay was the translator up to when this game was made? Or what else went wrong? I don't have any Hot dogs in my game. Only Tofu
sausages.

Oh well, Happy new year everyone!
Mad Poster
#45 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 3:02 AM
Ever felt like you're constantly breaking promises to make time to play with your Sims?

It's been a while, a week or more, that I since sit down and play with my sims. I haven't finished populating the empty town of Traverston. I feel like I can't schedule or pencil in a good time to play. The town is ridiculously empty.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#46 Old 2nd Jan 2020 at 6:21 PM
It's opposite for me. I'm running out of ideas to fire up the game. Maybe I'm just to obssessed with experimenting the features that I forget how to have fun? Also I have an unhealthy habit to be perfectionist so to speak.

Top Secret Researcher
#47 Old 3rd Jan 2020 at 11:38 PM
Sure but the problem is crystal clear water. Flood water is filthy and undrinkable like this but I don't know how to edit it in CAW or by opening the .world file and editing one of the resources.

http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=459198
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#48 Old 22nd Jan 2020 at 3:30 PM
Tried playing every single household in Sunset Valley in rotational setting, but I'm either doing something wrong or are simply overwhelm because it's not really the game (which would be unfortunate as that what I really liked about the thing in TS2).

Field Researcher
#50 Old 23rd Jan 2020 at 12:41 AM
I dunno I think im bored of it. I always want the game to surprise me in some ways but it feels like without my intervention nothing interesting happens.
Page 2 of 5