Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fireplace with Lions

by TheJim07 Posted 21st Dec 2019 at 7:46 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2020 at 8:22 AM by TheJim07

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 2 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 4:49 AM
Nice! This is a must have for sure. Now all we need are a few matching home decor items and maybe a few other things and it would be perfect in a set. Either way I'm downloading this! Thank you and great idea!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#3 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 7:01 AM
Simply great - as all of your stuff! This will fit so nicely in the queen's bedroom or salon (to the furniture you already provided us with :-). Big thanks to you - and have a wonderful Christmas time!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 22nd Dec 2019 at 9:10 PM
I LOVE this! Thank you - I always get excited by your creations... especially Versailles themed ones!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 23rd Dec 2019 at 5:52 PM
very nice, i love lions!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Dec 2019 at 9:55 PM Last edited by xordevoreaux : 25th Dec 2019 at 12:58 AM.
It's welcoming to see that you're revisiting some of your pieces. On my copy I'll probably go in and double the resolution of the fireplace to double the resolution of the fireplace wood.

[some time later....]

I've doubled the swatch texture, replaced the wood texture, and overlayed a gold texture on the lions after darkening their shadows.
Here is the before and after .

[and a bit time later...]

I tried to find the same fireback fireplate that you used and couldn't find it, but found an antique French one with the crest. I added that in front a higher-resolution fireback texture, gave it a right-leaning shadow, and added that texture to the log plate. original and my update

I wanted to update the mantle's marble textures as well, but that proved tricker than I thought with the shading stamped right on the marble at the top of the texture so it's the original texture doubled in size.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#7 Old 25th Dec 2019 at 8:16 PM
Gorgeous!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 5:58 AM
Did anyone else download this but then try to put the new fireplace texture into the game and they came out all "blotchy" and discolored? Either way, thanks fo rthe hard work and please let me know if I did something wrong. The over mantels all look fine, its just the new fireplaces.
Scholar
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2019 at 2:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sgjswier
Did anyone else download this but then try to put the new fireplace texture into the game and they came out all "blotchy" and discolored? Either way, thanks fo rthe hard work and please let me know if I did something wrong. The over mantels all look fine, its just the new fireplaces.

@sgjswier Hi ! Can you send pictures of the problem please ?
Test Subject
#10 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 2:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TheJim07
@sgjswier Hi ! Can you send pictures of the problem please ?

Hi sorry it took me so long.... here is a picture of what I was talking about. Both the fireplace and the over-mantel are supposed to be the same texture. The over-mantel is cool but the fireplace turns out all wonky. Thank you for checking!

[IMG][/IMG]
Screenshots
Scholar
Original Poster
#11 Old 1st Jan 2020 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sgjswier
Hi sorry it took me so long.... here is a picture of what I was talking about. Both the fireplace and the over-mantel are supposed to be the same texture. The over-mantel is cool but the fireplace turns out all wonky. Thank you for checking!

[IMG][/IMG]

Well this is very strange ; this is not a texture I made. Are you able to change the swatch ?
If the problem persists, try to delete the file and redownload… I don't really know what to say. This is very unusual.