Replies: 14 (Who?), Viewed: 7748 times.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jan 2020 at 5:44 PM Last edited by Erisa : 14th May 2020 at 7:42 PM. Reason: Editing the title
Custom Career, Aspiration and Trait with Mod Constructor V4
Greetings.
I made a very little tutorial about how to make a simple career with the Mod Constructor.
I hope it will be helpful.

Here are posted the gameplay images so you have an idea.

The link for the tutorial is [Create a Custom Career for Sims 4] 101 Part I: Prerequisites

It is a lot of screenshots.
Screenshots
2 users say thanks for this. (Who?)
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 8:16 AM
Thanks a lot for this tutorial! I followed the instructions and it worked like a charm. I really appreciate the time you've spent to make us this tutorial :-D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd May 2020 at 5:47 PM Last edited by Erisa : 3rd May 2020 at 5:51 PM. Reason: Editing link
Default Custom Aspiration with Mod Constructor V4
I made a quick tutorial for custom aspiration. I am not good at it yet, but it is possible to have a working aspiration with the rewards and the traits.

I will improve once I understand it better.

Link here: [Create a Custom Aspiration for Sims 4] 101 Part I: Setting up


Some gameplay pictures are posted.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th May 2020 at 7:52 PM Last edited by Erisa : 14th May 2020 at 7:55 PM. Reason: Editing link
Custom Trait with Mod Constructor V4
Hello.
I made a very simple tutorial on traits. I plan to add more contents, as this tutorial only shows a trait that makes a Sim emotional depending on their location.

There is the link: [Create a Custom Trait for Sims 4] 101 Part I: Setting Up
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#5 Old 13th Jun 2020 at 7:21 PM
Hi Erisa! The aspiration tutorial links to the career tutorial on some pages.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
#6 Old 1st Aug 2020 at 8:46 PM
Does this still work after the Eco Lifestyle update?
Test Subject
#7 Old 17th Sep 2020 at 9:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Erisa
Hello.
I made a very simple tutorial on traits. I plan to add more contents, as this tutorial only shows a trait that makes a Sim emotional depending on their location.

There is the link: [Create a Custom Trait for Sims 4] 101 Part I: Setting Up


Hey Erisa,

Thank you for your tutorial. I've gotten a little lost unfortunately at Part 3. Are you okay with giving me a hand?

I want to make a "Shipper" trait. I want them to get Dazed sometimes and Flirty sometimes. I want a social interaction "Gush About Ship", and finally (the part I'm stuck on currently) a Flirty buff when writing. I don't understand the Instance ID section or where to find the Instance ID for any other buff aside from the default Happy which is there. I'm also not sure how to get it to activate when the sim starts working on their Writing skill.

Unless anybody can direct me to somewhere where there's people to help? I read other users who have gotten lost say that the official place just tells them to go "watch tutorials" because there's apparently already enough help in the programme itself, only all the video tutorials I've seen are outdated and/or skip vital steps :V
Test Subject
#8 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 3:02 PM
I have a new version of MC4, I guess... And there is no option to create a branch for career at all. I was looking for everywhere. How can I fix it?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 4:09 PM
Ah, hello. Ahem, sorry for being very late.

I plan on updating the tutorial in a few months. I have my computer to fix and so many updates to make.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 4:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violua
I have a new version of MC4, I guess... And there is no option to create a branch for career at all. I was looking for everywhere. How can I fix it?

Hello. Well, for MC4 related issue, only the creator can help if there is something missing.
Their discord link is here: Zerbu's Realm
Otherwise, once I get my laptop up and updated, I can look into it.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 4:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZanthiatheMystic
Hey Erisa,

Thank you for your tutorial. I've gotten a little lost unfortunately at Part 3. Are you okay with giving me a hand?

I want to make a "Shipper" trait. I want them to get Dazed sometimes and Flirty sometimes. I want a social interaction "Gush About Ship", and finally (the part I'm stuck on currently) a Flirty buff when writing. I don't understand the Instance ID section or where to find the Instance ID for any other buff aside from the default Happy which is there. I'm also not sure how to get it to activate when the sim starts working on their Writing skill.

Unless anybody can direct me to somewhere where there's people to help? I read other users who have gotten lost say that the official place just tells them to go "watch tutorials" because there's apparently already enough help in the programme itself, only all the video tutorials I've seen are outdated and/or skip vital steps :V


Hello. Sorry for be this late.
Well, I am not going to be the person directing you to "Go watch tutorial". Well, I can only direct you to somewhere you can ask your problem and have knowledgeable people help you if possible. Here: Zerbu's Realm

I tried to explain traits with my own understanding. I will try to do better in later tutorials.
I think I get what you ask, but I am not very sure. Is it timed buff?
Also, about the instance ID, they are already tagged in MC4. Unless you know them by heart, you don't have to type the ID, just choose on the instance you want to put as a buff or career and such.
For now, I don't know how to add social interaction T_T
Test Subject
#12 Old 25th Feb 2021 at 3:09 PM
Hello I don't know why, but nothing comes up when I try to search for the Isntance ID for an objective.
Test Subject
DELETED POST
4th Mar 2021 at 6:33 PM
This message has been deleted by MiraiMayonaka.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 6:32 AM
Add outfit to custom career with S4S
Hello.
This is a short tutorial showing how to add an outfit to a custom career.

There is the link: [Add Outfit to Custom Career for Sims 4] 101 Part0: How-To and Testing Gameplay
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#14 Old 21st Jun 2021 at 2:21 PM
Welcome back! The aspiration tutorial is still linking to the career tutorial on part 1, 2, and 3 when you click the "here" button,

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 11:38 PM
Ouch, spotted the mistake. Fixed the links. Thanks!
Back to top