Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Off Grid Bath and Shower Tubs

by K9DB Posted 24th Feb 2020 at 2:31 AM - Updated 2nd Oct 2020 at 1:16 AM by K9DB

23 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 10 Feedback Posts, 12 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 7:09 AM
A fantastic job and it works perfectly on off-grid lot. When I look inside your packages, I am impressed.
You did a colossal job!
I will try to do it on my Cask & Barrel Antique Tub Reworked, if you allow me, but it's not sure that I can do it.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/631678...b-reworked.html
Thank you very much for your great job !
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 8:17 AM
Teach me your secrets about the tuning.
And if I struggle to understand, would you mind if I just, copy pasted? But I will credit you!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 9:46 AM
Thank you soo much for all your OffTheGrid items.

Best regards from Austria
Eve
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 12:49 PM
You're a legend, you're the ultimate MVP!!!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LongLiveHarryPotter7
You're a legend, you're the ultimate MVP!!!

Awe shucks, thanks LongLiveHarryPotter7 :lovestruc You guys are my MVPs :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 8:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ladyeve
Thank you soo much for all your OffTheGrid items.

Best regards from Austria
Eve

Thanks Eve! Cool Austria! *waves at you from across the equator*
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 8:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElvinGearMaster
Teach me your secrets about the tuning.
And if I struggle to understand, would you mind if I just, copy pasted? But I will credit you!

Hi again @ElvinGearMaster ! No problem, PM me if you want to learn or need help, but sure, you can Copypasto if you want
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 24th Feb 2020 at 8:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Serinion
A fantastic job and it works perfectly on off-grid lot. When I look inside your packages, I am impressed.
You did a colossal job!
I will try to do it on my Cask & Barrel Antique Tub Reworked, if you allow me, but it's not sure that I can do it.
http://www.modthesims.info/d/631678...b-reworked.html
Thank you very much for your great job !

Thanks @Serinion , that means a lot! Your creations are gorgeous too! I love how you added the extra metal attachments to the tub, it looks so good! and all the detail you put into your work. I'll have to download a bunch of your stuff when I get back to playing!

Sure, let me know if you need help...And thanks for letting me know
Scholar
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Feb 2020 at 12:39 AM
Another wonderful item from you! Now I can bath off grid and wash dogs, except that these are really to attractive to put dogs in... Thank you for sharing.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 10:30 AM
Appreciate your hard work, thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Feb 2020 at 11:17 AM
Aww thank you! I was trying for weeks to figure out how to do it and couldn't. Sneaky, very well hidden files sometimes. Gotta improve my searching skills :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Feb 2020 at 1:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Anonymouse85
Aww thank you! I was trying for weeks to figure out how to do it and couldn't. Sneaky, very well hidden files sometimes. Gotta improve my searching skills :D

Hi @Anonymouse85 ! Argh, I know, sometimes modding is so frustrating! Especially those hidden files, that XML that must be linked from somewhere...but wheeere?! Let me know if you need help...or you can pick apart my files if you want
Lab Assistant
#14 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 4:43 AM
Do these have any negatives like regular off the grid plumbing or are they exactly the same as the vanilla versions?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 4th Mar 2020 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deer_Lord
Do these have any negatives like regular off the grid plumbing or are they exactly the same as the vanilla versions?

These don't have negatives, it's all high quality plumbing!
I did consider adding those too, but after all the testing I just got annoyed that my sims were constantly unhappy with their off grid life. Thought I'd wait and see...what do you think?
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 10:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Hi @Anonymouse85 ! Argh, I know, sometimes modding is so frustrating! Especially those hidden files, that XML that must be linked from somewhere...but wheeere?! Let me know if you need help...or you can pick apart my files if you want

Lol precisely And thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 8th Mar 2020 at 11:46 PM
Thanks for this mod! Any chance you'll add the wooden ones since they're no longer a part of Anonymouse85's mod anymore?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 4:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by eesh
Thanks for this mod! Any chance you'll add the wooden ones since they're no longer a part of Anonymouse85's mod anymore?

Will do if Anonymouse85 doesn't want to do them anymore? At the moment it looks like she's still working on them and just needs a little time fix them?
Test Subject
#19 Old 26th Apr 2020 at 6:59 AM
ok so im using island living and trying to live completely off grid, no home, no power etc, can this work with that? i downloaded it and placed it under bath but cant get it to work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 7:25 PM
Can anyone tell me if this mod still works in Eco Lifestyle?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 3:49 AM
WIth the new Eco Lifestyle update, these don't seem to work so well anymore. Could you update them so they are green and all that and also are off the grid still? Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 24th Jul 2020 at 6:34 PM
I'll use it well. Thank you.
Field Researcher
#23 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 3:40 AM
Question: My tubs all seem to have the option to "restore off grid functionality" or something along those lines whenever my lot has a water surplus. I wondered if that was coming from your mod somehow or if that's intended game function?
The main reason I wondered is because I noticed it on tubs, but not my refrigerator, and I really want to make my refrigerator function like it's off grid despite the geothermal lot trait(need that for the sauna to work) so that I will still have to add ice to it. I don't know how to mod that into happening myself, but if I were to decide to harass some poor moder about that then it would help to know if that's coming from you or the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 31st Aug 2020 at 6:45 PM
This is a cool mod. Thank you!