Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Photos Overhaul (Get Rid of Frame, Pin to Corkboard & Polaroid Look)

by zanazu Posted 10th Mar 2020 at 7:41 PM - Updated 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:35 AM by zanazu : update of the files

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 8:58 PM
This Mod is gorgeous! Thank you very much! :lovestruc
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 10th Mar 2020 at 10:01 PM
I LOVE this, much more realistic! The Moschino pack offers so much potential for taking all these amazing photos but is so limited in what to do with them, more photography game play is much needed. I made a Famous Photographer aspiration to add a little more to the game play but I still end up throwing just about everything away because the framing and display options are so bland and repetitive, this will be a great addition thank you for making this
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 11th Mar 2020 at 9:53 AM
Looooooooooooooove!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 12th Mar 2020 at 6:42 AM
aaaaaaa the corkboard functionality is what got me
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#6 Old 13th Mar 2020 at 7:05 PM
This is so incredible!!!
Rabid Recoloring Renegade
retired moderator THANKS POST
#7 Old 14th Mar 2020 at 7:38 PM
I love this! The frame no longer overpowers the pictures. Thank you!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 2:46 PM
Hey, could you please update the object overrides to include the FUNC_PHOTO tag on them? I'm not sure why would you have them removed, perhaps a mistake, but I would like that to be kept for compatibility sake.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 15th Mar 2020 at 11:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TURBODRIVER
Hey, could you please update the object overrides to include the FUNC_PHOTO tag on them? I'm not sure why would you have them removed, perhaps a mistake, but I would like that to be kept for compatibility sake.

Definitely not intentional, I'll get on that probably tomorrow
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 16th Mar 2020 at 3:49 AM
This is pretty fun! Would it be possible to have an optional medium/large frameless? After using small photos, it made me think "You could make in-game posters if their bigger!"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Mar 2020 at 12:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AbbyTheOddie
This is pretty fun! Would it be possible to have an optional medium/large frameless? After using small photos, it made me think "You could make in-game posters if their bigger!"

Added them!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Mar 2020 at 6:34 PM
perfection.
Test Subject
#13 Old 3rd Apr 2020 at 8:40 PM
This is great! Question tho, what if I wanted to switch from polaroid to the small portrait in my save? Would I lose the picture or does it change automatically? And are the photos compatible in the picture frames that came with Moschino stuff?
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 20th Apr 2020 at 8:22 PM
I understand that this is your first mod, and I'm not at all very well-versed in mod conflicts, but is it expected that these don't work with LittleMsSam's Functional Photo Frames mod?
Test Subject
#15 Old 27th Apr 2020 at 7:33 PM
I really wanted to install this mod in my game. but all my photos turned completely black, even when I select the "saturated" filter
Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 2:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sim_Potato
This is great! Question tho, what if I wanted to switch from polaroid to the small portrait in my save? Would I lose the picture or does it change automatically? And are the photos compatible in the picture frames that came with Moschino stuff?

Sorry for the late reply! With me taking so much time maybe you tested it yourself by this point, but to be clear: if you switched between the files they should change automatically. Worst case scenario I encountered during testing while flipping through different versions of the files a lot was that the photos would end up in the household inventory and I had to drag them out again. But with both files being practically the same now, except for the mesh, they should just switch without issues.
As for the digital frames from Moschino, I had no issues with them, seem to be working just fine
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 3:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cows
I understand that this is your first mod, and I'm not at all very well-versed in mod conflicts, but is it expected that these don't work with LittleMsSam's Functional Photo Frames mod?

The main issue I couldn't solve so far is that the photos lose the ability to stand on surfaces. It's not directly connected to any changes I made and while I dug some more through the files I had no luck finding out what causes it. I looked through the files of LittleMsSam's mod and there seems to be no conflicts, but those frames require photos to be standing to snap to the slots and, as I described, my mod currently messes that up. So until I find a solution they unfortunately won't be compatibile.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Apr 2020 at 3:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alena_lya
I really wanted to install this mod in my game. but all my photos turned completely black, even when I select the "saturated" filter

I checked if maybe an update broke this mod, but it seems to be working fine in my game. Are you sure you don't have some other mod conflicting with this one? I never had that happen during testing. The only time I ever had my photos turn black was when I stored them in household inventory/chest, especially when moving the household. It was way before I created this mod and happened due to a bug that as far as I know was never fixed. Maybe it could have something to do with a situation like that? If you're sure it's none of those, if you could give some more info on any changes you might have made to the photos or where you were storing them or anything else that could be relevant, I will try to replicate the issue and hopefully see why it's happening
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 11th May 2020 at 4:50 PM
I'm a tad confused and I apologize ahead of time but: do I need all 6 files from the main folder and then one from the sub-folder? I can't seem to get the Polaroid option to work and I have no other conflicting mods I love this idea <3
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th May 2020 at 9:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ezeliastarpuff
I'm a tad confused and I apologize ahead of time but: do I need all 6 files from the main folder and then one from the sub-folder? I can't seem to get the Polaroid option to work and I have no other conflicting mods I love this idea <3

There's 5 files in the main folder, so are you sure you're not placing the small portrait photos twice - once by placing the entire subfolder and then also when taking that one file from the subfolder? Basically, you can only have either portraitSmall or portraitSmall_polaroid in your mods folder and if the second one is there - even in a subfolder - it will interfere with the one you chose.

Sorry if I didn't explain it well before and for the really late reply - I clearly have a problem with keeping on top of questions
Test Subject
#21 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 4:08 AM
Does this still work with the new update?
Test Subject
#22 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 5:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by xbrettface
I LOVE this, much more realistic! The Moschino pack offers so much potential for taking all these amazing photos but is so limited in what to do with them, more photography game play is much needed. I made a Famous Photographer aspiration to add a little more to the game play but I still end up throwing just about everything away because the framing and display options are so bland and repetitive, this will be a great addition thank you for making this

TOTALLY AGREE!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 5:50 PM
The corkboard capability is too cute not to d/l. thanks!
Test Subject
#24 Old 1st Jul 2020 at 5:16 PM
I love this mod so much!! I only wish that it didn't remove the ability for photos to be placed on surfaces and shelves.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 12th Jul 2020 at 10:17 AM
Tysm! Those borders always bothered me!
Page 1 of 2