Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Force Invite Sims and Parents (including Alien Pollination Technician #3)

by Whirlaround Posted 30th Mar 2020 at 5:55 PM - Updated 27th Jan 2021 at 7:53 PM by Whirlaround

12 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 7 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 12:00 AM
Pretty cool, and so needed. Thank you.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 31st Mar 2020 at 3:57 AM
This sounds very useful I shall give it a try in my game!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 1st Apr 2020 at 8:55 AM
You will come to me and eat this fruitcake
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 6th Apr 2020 at 12:37 AM Last edited by bentonj : 16th Apr 2020 at 2:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by _Elk_
Omg! This is amazing! Like, this with the MCC NPC Control Mod, all the drama will ensue! All of it! Kudos!

Yep! Combining this with the MCC NPC Control Mod is how I use it, too.

Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2020 at 7:00 PM
Thanks for this mod. I am trying to summon my alien baby's alien mom: Senior Pollination Technician #3. I've tried several times, using quotation marks around nothing for the first name and quotes around the entire name, vice- versa, and a variety of other ways, and I keep getting the message no first name or once, the instructions on how to enter command, firstname lastname. Any suggestions on what I should try?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 19th Apr 2020 at 10:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by slcd
Thanks for this mod. I am trying to summon my alien baby's alien mom: Senior Pollination Technician #3. I've tried several times, using quotation marks around nothing for the first name and quotes around the entire name, vice- versa, and a variety of other ways, and I keep getting the message no first name or once, the instructions on how to enter command, firstname lastname. Any suggestions on what I should try?

Hello!

Thank you for your interest in the mod. As it turns out, the Senior Pollination Technician #3 is a special sim that has no first or last name in the typical sense. The name she has is given by the game in a special fashion. To help, I added a command to invite parents of sims. That should do the trick for you as long as you know your alien baby's name!

Test Subject
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2020 at 1:10 AM
The update works a treat! Thanks SO much for modifying this mod to reckon with deadbeat parents.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 23rd Apr 2020 at 12:55 PM
this mod is superhandy but i was a tad disappointed that i syill cant get my baby who've been whisked away. I mean i get the message on the screen that you've forced blahblah to this lot but he never came ( thank you anyways
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 24th Apr 2020 at 1:32 PM Last edited by Whirlaround : 13th Jul 2020 at 9:02 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by aigerimusagi
this mod is superhandy but i was a tad disappointed that i syill cant get my baby who've been whisked away.

I'm sorry about that. Babies will be loaded and sent the "invited" command, but they are a special type of sim that cannot actually get into an "invited" state despite the command. I haven't tried this myself, but if you're okay with a child instead of a baby you could try to age up your baby by using my "Age Up or Down by Age Group or Name " mod then inviting the resulting child.

I'd first save the game before you try the aging/invitation, then use "age_up" command on your baby's name twice and invite them as a child. (You can try to use age_up just once and invite the resulting toddler, but I think the game might now prevent toddlers from being invited over; I'm not sure.)
Test Subject
#11 Old 12th Jan 2021 at 3:37 AM
I'm so happy that you created this mod, it's something that I realized I never knew I needed until now lol. But if I may just offer a suggestion, is it possible to update/modify this so it can recognize abbreviated commands? Like instead of force_invite_sim it can just be fis, or force_invite_parents_of to fipo. Again though, thanks for this mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 27th Jan 2021 at 7:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HentaiGnome
I'm so happy that you created this mod, it's something that I realized I never knew I needed until now lol. But if I may just offer a suggestion, is it possible to update/modify this so it can recognize abbreviated commands? Like instead of force_invite_sim it can just be fis, or force_invite_parents_of to fipo. Again though, thanks for this mod!

Thank you for the suggestion! I have added those aliases.

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 4:49 AM
I installed zipped, unziped and renamed. One of the three worked hahaha