Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS4 Default Replacement Fixer - V3.0 10/12/2020, fixes default eyes, eyebrows, makeup, and skins broken by patches

by CmarNYC Posted 5th Jun 2020 at 7:14 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2020 at 11:02 PM by CmarNYC

265 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 214 Feedback Posts, 50 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 11
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:08 PM
Thank you so much for creating this tool!
I just tested it with pet eyes and primary eye colors work perfectly. Only the secondary swatches don't work and show a message with "0 swatches were fixed".
This isn't meant to hurry you but just a quick feedback to help you develop the program.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:18 PM
Life saver!! Thank you so very much
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:19 PM
Thank you Cmar. This worked perfectly for me and saved me lots of time.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:28 PM
I've never used a tool before or modded, let's give it a go! Thank your for sharing !
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:30 PM
Thank you for saving my time!
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simline44
Thank you so much for creating this tool!
I just tested it with pet eyes and primary eye colors work perfectly. Only the secondary swatches don't work and show a message with "0 swatches were fixed".
This isn't meant to hurry you but just a quick feedback to help you develop the program.

Oops, forgot about those. New version uploaded, and thanks for letting me know!

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Visit my blogs for other Sims content:
Online Sims - general mods for Sims 3
Offline Sims - adult mods for Sims 3 and Sims 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 8:48 PM
Oh, thank you so much! This is huge!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:10 PM
Hey CMar. Thanks so much for the tool, you're a lifesaver
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:19 PM
Oh my god! Thank you so much for making this!
Test Subject
#11 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:21 PM
The only problem I have with it is the files get way larger when you fix them. It's so weird.
Test Subject
#12 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:25 PM Last edited by firethebluesky : 5th Jun 2020 at 9:56 PM.
It's not working for me, unfortunately. I'm really hoping it's just user error, but I've tried fixing the eyes just about every way under the sun, but to no avail.

The eyes I'm trying to fix are Dust Flowr's Meteor Eyes, specifically Vampire Princess's edits.
Test Subject
#13 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:32 PM Last edited by Demoncheeta : 5th Jun 2020 at 9:56 PM.
I've tried this with a couple different .package files but unfortunately neither of them worked. The eyes I've been unable to fix with the .exe are Reticulate's Daydreamin' eyes, and the Whisper eyes by Dangerouslyfreejellyfish. Perhaps they're both not working for the same reason, whatever that may be? My friend has also attempted to get them to work and has had success on only one of their default eyes, but not others that they've tried so they know they are doing it correctly but it's just not working for certain files.

[Edit] Upon further testing, it seems not to be that it's not working with certain eyes but perhaps that there is some sort of mod conflict? Who knows (not me :'}) but it appears to be working at least.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#14 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:37 PM
Thank you so much!

For me the fix worked with alien defaults. I succesfully fixed pentabet's alien default eyes here from MTS.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:44 PM
Anyone know if theres a tool to fix/update custom careers?
Test Subject
#16 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:46 PM
Hey, CMarNYC, thanks so much for the tool! I could repair Kijiko's Vampire eyes "[Kijiko]eye_addcolor03_Vampire_v4". But I couldn't repair Kijiko's "[Kijiko]eye_overhaul03_Vampire-replacement_v4" and "[Kijiko]eye_overhaul03_default-replacement_v4". It gave me a warning of "0 files fixed" for those last two files. Bummer. Do you any clue as to why?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:48 PM
Thank You! <3
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#18 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by writer21098
The only problem I have with it is the files get way larger when you fix them. It's so weird.

Not so weird, I forgot to turn on compression. Fixed in 1.2.

Please do not PM me with mod, tutorial, or general modding questions or problems; post them in the thread for the mod or tutorial or post them in the appropriate forum.

Lab Assistant
#19 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:51 PM
Seems to be hit or miss for me. I use Bright Eyes by joannebernice
(link if you want to take a look: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...lts/id/1300720/ )
It only seems to fix 5 of the colours and they only seem to semi work (at least when viewed in CAS). When one of the sims that CAS gave me landed on one of the fixed colours, it would show it, but when I imported one of my sims from the library that uses the red colour, the game wouldn't recognize the fixed ones, remaining on what ever colour that didn't get fixed. Tested a few others sims to see if their colours would cause the same thing as the red one, but all of the ones I've tested still recognized the eye colours that your fixer managed to fix.
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#20 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 9:52 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jun 2020 at 10:07 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Demoncheeta
I've tried this with a couple different .package files but unfortunately neither of them worked. The eyes I've been unable to fix with the .exe are Reticulate's Daydreamin' eyes, and the Whisper eyes by Dangerouslyfreejellyfish. Perhaps they're both not working for the same reason, whatever that may be? My friend has also attempted to get them to work and has had success on only one of their default eyes, but not others that they've tried so they know they are doing it correctly but it's just not working for certain files.

I tested with Whisper Eyes and it worked, so I don't know what could have happened.

Edit: I tried Reticulate's Daydreamin' Eyes too and they work in my game as well. If you'll upload the packages you ran through the tool that aren't working for you, I'll take a look.

Edit2: You can only use one set of defaults at a time. Maybe you had more than one installed?

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#21 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by firethebluesky
It's not working for me, unfortunately. I'm really hoping it's just user error, but I've tried fixing the eyes just about every way under the sun, but to no avail.

The eyes I'm trying to fix are Dust Flowr's Meteor Eyes, specifically Vampire Princess's edits.

I can't find these eyes. Please post a link, thanks.

Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#22 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:09 PM Last edited by CmarNYC : 5th Jun 2020 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by analu.valois
Hey, CMarNYC, thanks so much for the tool! I could repair Kijiko's Vampire eyes "[Kijiko]eye_addcolor03_Vampire_v4". But I couldn't repair Kijiko's "[Kijiko]eye_overhaul03_Vampire-replacement_v4" and "[Kijiko]eye_overhaul03_default-replacement_v4". It gave me a warning of "0 files fixed" for those last two files. Bummer. Do you any clue as to why?

Yes. The Kijiko packages are replacements of the textures only. The fix needs to modify the CASP files that define the eyes and link to the textures. Unfortunately those replacements would have to be redone by cloning the CASPs and replacing the textures.

Edit: I'm going to look at the possibility of using the texture identifiers to clone or create a default replacement CASP, which would fix this.

Test Subject
#23 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC
I tested with Whisper Eyes and it worked, so I don't know what could have happened.

Edit: I tried Reticulate's Daydreamin' Eyes too and they work in my game as well. If you'll upload the packages you ran through the tool that aren't working for you, I'll take a look.

Edit2: You can only use one set of defaults at a time. Maybe you had more than one installed?

Hi! We were in fact both testing with one set of defaults at a time. I've been continuing to run through package files and test certain things and found that default eyes (maybe only certain default eyes? I haven't asked my friend for their files) run through the .exe conflict with certain mods. Specifically, Fogity's Unlocked CAS Parts mods (the eye parts, of course) prevent CC default eyes from working. I'll try a few more things to see if there's further conflict.

[Edit] This appears to be an ordering issue. As long as the new default eyes are above the unlocking mod in the mods folder they should display ingame. Friend is now testing a few things on their end to find what's specifically conflicting to see if this works for them as well.
Test Subject
#24 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by CmarNYC

Thank you so much for your fix! I also tried it with reticulates' defaults but they don't work in my game either (and neither does Nolan-Sims' conversion for pets). Could you please take a look? You'd be a lifesaver!
Attached files:
File Type: zip  Archive.zip (844.4 KB, 44 downloads)
Test Subject
#25 Old 5th Jun 2020 at 10:25 PM
Hi!! Thanks so much for this!! Does this work on apple computers? I can't open the .exe file.
Page 1 of 11