Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

TS2 > TS3 Functional Sewing table [BETA V2.0.0] - Please redownload!

by Lyralei Posted 21st Jun 2020 at 3:12 PM - Updated 20th Aug 2023 at 1:30 PM by Lyralei : Updated to v.2.0.0 and uploaded a hotfix + New Tunables.

412 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 334 Feedback Posts, 77 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 17
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#2 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:30 PM
Oh MY Goodness!! This is awesome!!!! It's amazing to me how you modders keep coming up with fresh and innovative ideas to keep the game interesting. thank you so much for this!!!!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:38 PM
Thank you so much! Creators like you keep the Sims 3 fresh and exciting!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#4 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:43 PM
I love this! I needed it for my historical saves.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:50 PM
This is wonderful!!!! Thanks!!! Please, so if I get the bug where the sim will "sew" in mid air, how does it end? Or how do I stop it? and finally, does it produce any bad effects on a save?
Thank you so much!!
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by RedMallie
This is wonderful!!!! Thanks!!! Please, so if I get the bug where the sim will "sew" in mid air, how does it end? Or how do I stop it? and finally, does it produce any bad effects on a save?
Thank you so much!!

Heya! For me, i've always noticed if I use the cheat 'resetsim' then it should fix it!  I'll put that in the description as well. It won't cprrupt your save though!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 4:27 PM
I AM SO EXCITED TO HAVE THIS!!! Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 6:06 PM
I check the downloads page every once in a while to see what's new and it's usually just houses and decorative items and I thought this was purely decorative but as I looked at it I realized how cool and thought out it is. Very excited to try this mod out and happy to see that people are still making mods that add more to the game even though it came out 11 years ago
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 7:54 PM
Great! I've been hoping that someone would convert this to TS3! Really looking forward to testing this.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:52 PM
Thank you, can't wait to try!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 8:53 PM
Well, now there goes the rest of my free time :P
Scholar
THANKS POST
#12 Old 21st Jun 2020 at 9:38 PM
This is absolutely amazing, thanks so much for sharing.
Theorist
THANKS POST
#13 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 12:00 AM
OMG you are making it so fast! Such great progress in short time! Guess I need to replace alpha version by this one.
Regards. Vic ^_^
Scholar
#14 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 3:25 AM
You've done a fantastic job on this mod, Lyralei! Thank you so much for bringing sewing to Sims, I never thought it could be possible but when you talked about it on Tumblr, I was so excited - it was becoming real!
I enjoyed helping in testing out the alpha, Thank you for the opportunity to do so (I'm desiree-uk over at Tumblr )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#15 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 10:34 AM
Thank you so much for doing this, I can't wait to try it, it looks fantastic!
Scholar
THANKS POST
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 11:57 AM
This is amazing!
Test Subject
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 2:07 PM
So, for the life of me I cannot get any sim to successfully start a project. I can practice sewing (and I think that animation is cool btw) just fine. But when I try and start a project it drops the action from the queue after I chose the project to sew. I have tried In a new save and a different world with various ages/occult types, and it still doesn’t work. Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be awesome. I have most the of NRASS mods installed if that helps in helping lol. Thanks so much for creating this mod.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 3:33 PM
You did it Guess I have to play sims this weekend then
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 4:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbottle
So, for the life of me I cannot get any sim to successfully start a project. I can practice sewing (and I think that animation is cool btw) just fine. But when I try and start a project it drops the action from the queue after I chose the project to sew. I have tried In a new save and a different world with various ages/occult types, and it still doesn’t work. Any advice on what I am doing wrong would be awesome. I have most the of NRASS mods installed if that helps in helping lol. Thanks so much for creating this mod.
Hiya @mbottle !

I noticed this myself actually! Though, I did add a check on the 'start a project' that should check "If the sim has the sewing skill, then let them do projects" but that didn't always work as I wanted with my test sim.

Though, I did actually go into another save I had which never even touched the sewing table mod before and it does seem that that check works :p I guess my test sim is just corrupted then... time for a new one :p. 

So, in this case, your sim needs to reach level 1 in order to make a project. I'll include that in the description!  
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
You've done a fantastic job on this mod, Lyralei! Thank you so much for bringing sewing to Sims, I never thought it could be possible but when you talked about it on Tumblr, I was so excited - it was becoming real!
I enjoyed helping in testing out the alpha, Thank you for the opportunity to do so (I'm desiree-uk over at Tumblr )
Ah crap! I forgot to credit you! I've added you to the list, since your feedback was super helpful  Thanks again for testing it! And I really hope the BETA will be a great upgrade from the ALPHA that you tested

Thanks everyone for the kind words! It really means a lot to me!
Inventor
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 8:08 PM
I have been unsuccessful in starting a project, even if I do have at least 1 point in the skill. The skills seems to also increase really slowly on such a low level. But overall I think this is a great idea and with some ironing out could become an absolutely awesome mod.
Test Subject
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2020 at 9:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lyralei
Hiya @mbottle !

I noticed this myself actually! Though, I did add a check on the 'start a project' that should check "If the sim has the sewing skill, then let them do projects" but that didn't always work as I wanted with my test sim.

Though, I did actually go into another save I had which never even touched the sewing table mod before and it does seem that that check works :p I guess my test sim is just corrupted then... time for a new one :p. 

So, in this case, your sim needs to reach level 1 in order to make a project. I'll include that in the description!  

Thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, I still can’t get it to work. I had initially cheated the skill using master controller to level 5, and and no sim I tried could start a project. I just tested not cheating and just practicing until I got to level one, and that is still unsuccessful. For what it’s worth, I downloaded this alpha version, and that works fine and I can start a project.

This mod is awesome so I am really hopeful there is a solution. Thanks again for all your hard work.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#23 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 2:59 AM
I always wanted this <3 <3 <3
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 8:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chokolady
I have been unsuccessful in starting a project, even if I do have at least 1 point in the skill. The skills seems to also increase really slowly on such a low level. But overall I think this is a great idea and with some ironing out could become an absolutely awesome mod.
Quote: Originally posted by mbottle
Thank you so much for responding. Unfortunately, I still can’t get it to work. I had initially cheated the skill using master controller to level 5, and and no sim I tried could start a project. I just tested not cheating and just practicing until I got to level one, and that is still unsuccessful. For what it’s worth, I downloaded this alpha version, and that works fine and I can start a project. 
This mod is awesome so I am really hopeful there is a solution. Thanks again for all your hard work.
I noticed the skilling being a bit slow myself. Though I did discuss it with several people. So I got some mixed replies on "yeah keep it like this! Since sewing is difficult" and others saying "Nah this should be fine". Now to bypass that for the time being, I'd say, have your sim buy the level 1 book of sewing. This book will actually skill the sim a bit quicker and has the same speed of skilling up as the game does  I'll try tweaking the skill point gaining today and upload that update! 

Regarding the 'Start project' not showing up, unless using Nraas, I'll check that out too today  Looking at my own code, I think I found the logic error that I made back then.

Thanks for the report! And make sure to check in later today!
Virtual gardener
Original Poster
#25 Old 23rd Jun 2020 at 11:59 AM
Heya @mbottle , @chokolady And everyone else who had this issue!

I've fixed the problem where start project just didn't work. There was also another underlying bug which I've fixed as well, which really made the interaction unplayable. So you should be able to use it flawlessly now! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Secondly, I boosted up the default skill gaining rate from 1 to 5. 5 is always EA's default skill gain rate, so it should feel more natural now!

Make sure to download version 1.0.1! 

Let me know if anything else is off!
Page 1 of 17