Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Dungeons & Dragons Races as Traits

by Emoria Posted 5th Aug 2020 at 8:47 PM

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 15 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 9:59 PM
omg!!!!! thank you!!!!!!
Retired Staff Member
retired moderator THANKS POST
#3 Old 5th Aug 2020 at 10:59 PM
This is really good and very creative!! Nice job!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#4 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:11 AM
OMG!!! Ty so much! My game is devoted to my dungeons and dragons rpg characters and now it shall be truly upgraded Muahaha
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#5 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 7:42 AM
Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 6th Aug 2020 at 3:25 PM
OMG I Love this!! PLS add more races from the D&D Series (Xanathar Guide and Volos)
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#7 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 10:27 AM
As an Elder Scrolls fan and previously a D&D fan, this looks like fun, thank you!
Test Subject
#8 Old 24th Aug 2020 at 8:07 PM
Great mod! Adds a lot of diversity to my CAS process. I would like to say that I'm not a D&D expert, but the Drow is severely lacking in buffs compared to other elves. I don't know if this is authentic to the lore, but it does make them feel less appealing. It'd also be nice to see more debuffs to other races. But overall, good stuff.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by universejake
Great mod! Adds a lot of diversity to my CAS process. I would like to say that I'm not a D&D expert, but the Drow is severely lacking in buffs compared to other elves. I don't know if this is authentic to the lore, but it does make them feel less appealing. It'd also be nice to see more debuffs to other races. But overall, good stuff.

reply:I did this according to the 5E rulebook, I too have always felt the drow had less benefits to playing as them however I did want to keep the mod true to the rulebook as I'm doing an entire D&D mod series based on the 5E rules in my spare time. Later on I might make a drows expanded mod as well as the others but that's still in brainstorming.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 5:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by gab0Lligth93
OMG I Love this!! PLS add more races from the D&D Series (Xanathar Guide and Volos)

As I continue working my way through the 5E rulebook I'll add additional races and monster races and once i'm finished with the 5E base book I'll be working on the modules and monster books.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 4:36 AM
Thanks SO much for this mod! Is it by any chance still working with the Sept 2020 update? Thanks again!
Test Subject
#12 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 9:59 AM
Thank you for this! I love this for my medieval/fantasy plays. I have a question about future possibilites, if that's okay? I was wondering what the ease/likelihood is of having the negative buffs when two "opposite" races interact gradually lessen over time. Or even eventually become "ally" races? For example, in my game I have half-elf and half-orc toddler, so he's constantly sad (being shunned by orcs- his dad) or angry ( at the pretty, mean elf- his mom). It's hilarious, but also terrible lol.
I have very little idea what goes into creating these kinds of traits/mods, so if this is way beyond what's possible, I understand. Just having the races is really, really cool, so thank you, again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Luvs2Read
Thanks SO much for this mod! Is it by any chance still working with the Sept 2020 update? Thanks again!

Yes as far as I know it is
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 6:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by StarDark
Thank you for this! I love this for my medieval/fantasy plays. I have a question about future possibilites, if that's okay? I was wondering what the ease/likelihood is of having the negative buffs when two "opposite" races interact gradually lessen over time. Or even eventually become "ally" races? For example, in my game I have half-elf and half-orc toddler, so he's constantly sad (being shunned by orcs- his dad) or angry ( at the pretty, mean elf- his mom). It's hilarious, but also terrible lol.
I have very little idea what goes into creating these kinds of traits/mods, so if this is way beyond what's possible, I understand. Just having the races is really, really cool, so thank you, again.

Due to the way the source code is written at the moment I don't know of a way to make it so a buff lessens dependent on relationship level.
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 4th Sep 2020 at 11:10 PM
Default Thank you so much!
Quote: Originally posted by Emoria
Yes as far as I know it is

Thank you so much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#16 Old 7th Sep 2020 at 10:23 PM
Oooh so cool! Do you use that height slider script to get gnomes and halflings short, or some other mod/cheat code? I love the dress the gnome is wearing too!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 10th Sep 2020 at 4:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dreamsunderstars
Oooh so cool! Do you use that height slider script to get gnomes and halflings short, or some other mod/cheat code? I love the dress the gnome is wearing too!

I use these body presets for gnomes plus height slider for gnome variety. This creator makes alot of the body presets I use for my fantasy save. c:

https://qianqiu-sh.tumblr.com/post/..._related_post=1

https://qianqiu-sh.tumblr.com/post/..._related_post=1
Test Subject
#18 Old 13th Sep 2020 at 9:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Emoria
Due to the way the source code is written at the moment I don't know of a way to make it so a buff lessens dependent on relationship level.

Understood! Thanks for your reply.
Test Subject
#19 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 3:29 AM Last edited by yiotaturtle : 6th Oct 2020 at 3:30 AM. Reason: formatting
I'm interested and admittedly I'm not overly familiar with Dungeons and Dragons outside of what has been adopted by other games and media, but the Water elves seem the most fleshed out. From what I've read in your descriptions, this is what I'd suggest as a direction to go in.

No elves can become astronauts, Tech Guru's, or Engineers, - bonuses to Civil Designer, Conservationist, Gardener, and Painter
Wood elves - happiness and learning debuffs in city, half buff in town and inside, happiness and learning full buffs outside
Sun elves - happiness and learning buffs during day but not at night, half buff in city
Moon elves - happiness and learning buffs during night but not during day

Gnomes - get happiness buff when in city and when have large household - or more than 5 people on lot? Can't become an astronaut, tech guru, painter, freelancer, gardener, military (covert operator branch), scientist, secret agent, or writer. Bonus to Criminal, Critic, Detective, Education, Entertainer, law, politician, social media, and style influencer. They either do it really well or not at all.

Halfling - bonus to cooking and mixology careers - happiness buff from cooking and mixing drinks as well as eating - debuff when household funds are low
Dwarves - bonus to Civil Designer, Doctor, Engineer, and Military careers - not going to be a good astronaut since heavy.

Drow - bonus to magic - buff during night but not during day, get buff when in city and when inside, Buffs to astronaut, tech guru, military, scientist, secret agent, writer, engineer, Criminal, athlete, critic, and law careers. Debuff to actor, politician. Can't become - Civil designer, conservationist, detective, doctor, education, style influencer. Happiness buff when performing magic, doing mischief, stealing things
Test Subject
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Oct 2020 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yiotaturtle
I'm interested and admittedly I'm not overly familiar with Dungeons and Dragons outside of what has been adopted by other games and media, but the Water elves seem the most fleshed out. From what I've read in your descriptions, this is what I'd suggest as a direction to go in.

No elves can become astronauts, Tech Guru's, or Engineers, - bonuses to Civil Designer, Conservationist, Gardener, and Painter
Wood elves - happiness and learning debuffs in city, half buff in town and inside, happiness and learning full buffs outside
Sun elves - happiness and learning buffs during day but not at night, half buff in city
Moon elves - happiness and learning buffs during night but not during day

Gnomes - get happiness buff when in city and when have large household - or more than 5 people on lot? Can't become an astronaut, tech guru, painter, freelancer, gardener, military (covert operator branch), scientist, secret agent, or writer. Bonus to Criminal, Critic, Detective, Education, Entertainer, law, politician, social media, and style influencer. They either do it really well or not at all.

Halfling - bonus to cooking and mixology careers - happiness buff from cooking and mixing drinks as well as eating - debuff when household funds are low
Dwarves - bonus to Civil Designer, Doctor, Engineer, and Military careers - not going to be a good astronaut since heavy.

Drow - bonus to magic - buff during night but not during day, get buff when in city and when inside, Buffs to astronaut, tech guru, military, scientist, secret agent, writer, engineer, Criminal, athlete, critic, and law careers. Debuff to actor, politician. Can't become - Civil designer, conservationist, detective, doctor, education, style influencer. Happiness buff when performing magic, doing mischief, stealing things

This is great I've just been doing everything by the book using the fifth edition player's handbook. i haven't been adding anything just kinda going based on the real lore.
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:05 AM
Does this need to be updated?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 3rd Feb 2021 at 12:15 PM
I don't know if this is updated or not but as someone who re-creates their OCs in TS4 I just wanted to say that I think what you are doing is really, really cool.
I was wondering if you could make a stand-alone/buyable option for the nightvision buff and/or greetings? To go with Tasha's custom lineages or people who'se settings are too homebrewed for the RAW races to suit (though that might get the game really clogged with all the options). I'm also excited to see how you might translate changelings to TS4 since I'm currently playing all my aliens as changelings and would love to force more fantasy flavor down their throats.
Anyhow keep up the good work!
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 1st Oct 2021 at 11:54 AM
I was wondering if my teifling is supposed to distrust himself? lol Bad enough his wife is suspicious lol
These are great regardless! Thankjs!
Test Subject
#24 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 5:40 AM
Hey just wanted to check if this will ever be updated.
The mod doesn't work with the new update that adds Sim Profiles, making it completely blank instead with no sentiments, traits, or job details. Sims with the traits will also react to themselves, feeling negative feelings towards their own race even if there's no one around.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 19th Jun 2022 at 10:13 PM
(Eu traduzi para versão POTUGUES BR / I translated to PORTUGUESE BR version )>> https://bayfiles.com/1aj2Paq9y2/MTS_Emoria_PT-BR_rar?fbclid=IwAR3CJbfqVE6qcno17OJUUWcAEXzBWHEC-D1wdmJrBmcQLlBzvu1ExdzvXNw
I
Page 1 of 2