Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Refer - Non-Binary Pronouns

by NeonOcean Posted 28th Aug 2020 at 8:56 PM - Updated 15th Jan 2021 at 2:37 AM by NeonOcean

79 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 44 Feedback Posts, 34 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 9:28 PM
this bring such joy to my little nonbinary heart. thank you for making this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 10:59 PM
Thank you so much for this mod! I really appreciate that your mod can correct pronouns used in other mods as well. Another mod I love changes pronouns in the base game to the "they" set, but sometimes my Sims are referred to incorrectly due to other mods. I'm looking forward to experimenting with custom pronoun sets in the future.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 11:42 PM
THank you very much. I usually play non-binary sims. THis is really appreciated
Instructor
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Aug 2020 at 11:48 PM Last edited by Cidira : 28th Aug 2020 at 11:49 PM. Reason: added to comment
OMG YES, FINALLY (how rude, MTS, let me type in all caps if I want to, it's warranted!)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#6 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 3:23 AM
Oh my goodness this is amazing, thank you so much for this. I feel like I can finally make sims under the trans and non-binary umbrella to their full potential. My agender self loves this. Sharing this with my friends too. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#7 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 4:28 AM
thank you so much!! it makes me so SO unbelievably happy to not only have they/them sims but to have my pronouns included!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 12:03 PM
Thank you thank you thank you! EA should have done this when they allowed the gender customization. So, thank you (again) for fixing something that EA did wrong.
Test Subject
#9 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 1:36 PM
I really like this mod. it is exactly what i needed. I was wondering if you can make it work for other things in the game like the relationships. I noticed it works but it is kind of sad that my sim is a mom but is still her son's father. i am still recommending this to people.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 2:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomcelebi
I really like this mod. it is exactly what i needed. I was wondering if you can make it work for other things in the game like the relationships. I noticed it works but it is kind of sad that my sim is a mom but is still her son's father. i am still recommending this to people.

Sadly, there are some cases where the game handles text internally and I'm not even given the chance to modify it. This is unfortunately the case in this instance.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 2:51 PM
Thank you SO much for creating this mod! While I really appreciated EA's gender update this was something I was really missing.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 5:58 PM
buncha whiners here, that's all I see
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 8:53 PM
This is actually quite beautiful. Thank you. We need more representation for all.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 8:56 PM
Thank you. It's such a small thing but it really makes such a difference in game for when I play myself and my non binary sims.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 9:19 PM
Yessss yes yes thank you yes
*not enough coffee in body to create a more cohesive sentence but just... thank you for this, it was much needed*
Test Subject
#16 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonOcean
Sadly, there are some cases where the game handles text internally and I'm not even given the chance to modify it. This is unfortunately the case in this instance.

i figured out that your mod works well with the Foggity Genderless mod. I was worried it would conflict but it didn't. It changes mother and father to parent.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#17 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 9:55 PM
i made an account just to tell you thank you so much for this. I made my sim using the feminine frame but accidentally had left it on female option so he was stuck with female pronouns (trying to change him to male etc just completely randomized him so I gave up). Just having his proper pronouns makes me so much more happier. I was always hoping someone would make this mod, and was wondering why nobody did. You are a hero
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#18 Old 29th Aug 2020 at 10:59 PM
Can you upload a preview of how to assign the pronouns in game
It's not showing up for me
Test Subject
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by misfit97
Can you upload a preview of how to assign the pronouns in game
It's not showing up for me

Did you read the instructions under the "How do I change my sim's preferred pronouns?" question located in the q&a section?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:31 AM
This makes me so happy! I've been wanting a feature like this for years! I can finally make myself as a sim without my simself being misgendered! <3 <3 <3 Thank you thank you thank you!
Test Subject
#21 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:34 AM
So I downloaded the mod and it is letting me select the pronouns for my sim, but then it isn't actually working and is still using the default pronouns. I have a couple of other mods as well, and i'm not sure if they're conflicting. Am I supposed to be doing something differently? I use a MacBook computer...not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance <3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:42 AM
Thank you so much! This is an awesome mod. I'm looking forward to being able to add other pronoun sets. My wife actually prefers it/itself, and it likes it when I make sims of it so it'd be really cool to have it's proper pronouns in the game, even though it doesn't mind they/them or she/her either.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Somniorum
Thank you so much! This is an awesome mod. I'm looking forward to being able to add other pronoun sets. My wife actually prefers it/itself, and it likes it when I make sims of it so it'd be really cool to have it's proper pronouns in the game, even though it doesn't mind they/them or she/her either.

It pronouns are already included in the mod, the set is located at the bottom of the pronouns list.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by paxelliott
So I downloaded the mod and it is letting me select the pronouns for my sim, but then it isn't actually working and is still using the default pronouns. I have a couple of other mods as well, and i'm not sure if they're conflicting. Am I supposed to be doing something differently? I use a MacBook computer...not sure if that makes a difference. Thanks in advance <3

It might be that the game's localization files are stored differently on Mac computers. That would explain why it's not working for you. If this is the case, I'm not sure how I could fix this problem as I don't actually own a Mac.

If you could tell me where the games "Strings_ENG_US.package" files are located within The Sims 4 program files, then I might be able to solve your problem.

On windows computers, the base game's localization strings are typically located at:
"C:/Program Files (x86)/Origin Games/The Sims 4/Data/Client/Strings_ENG_US.package"

If that information helps any.
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Aug 2020 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NeonOcean
Did you read the instructions under the "How do I change my sim's preferred pronouns?" question located in the q&a section?

yes when I click on a sim there is no option labeled neonocean.
I followed the download instructions and have the script mods enabled
Page 1 of 4