Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Ageless and Immortal Rewards Store Traits

by Iced Cream Posted 2nd Sep 2020 at 9:08 AM - Updated 2nd Sep 2020 at 12:30 PM by Iced Cream

20 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 11 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 4:58 PM
Sorry to hear that mod is discontinued. I got it for the vampires and Santa Claus and for pets.
It seems like it's working for me though. I've had it for over a year now with no problems. Even with game updates. My sims with the Immortal and Eternal Youth traits still have these. But now I'm worried that they will still age up or die if it doesn't work. Even if it's listed.

If I get yours will it cancel out the other mod? Or should I just delete the other one? Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 8:09 PM
While the traits from that mod will still work, the main issue is that using that mod also means you're using a modified 5-year old version of the whims tracker file. That can cause issues with the game and can break compatibility with other mods. This mod uses a script to modify the rewards store instead of overwriting files, so there should never be any compatibility issues with other mods.

It's safe to delete trait mods like that one. The game recalculates every sim's traits after every loading screen, so removing trait mods doesn't endanger your saves or crash your game.

If you want to transition over from that mod to this mod and you have extremely elderly sims who are being kept alive by the old mod's traits, you can start the game with both mods and use the commands listed on both mod pages to remove the old traits and add the new traits to your sims. Then save the game and restart without the old mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#4 Old 2nd Sep 2020 at 11:23 PM
Cool! Thank you for thissss.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 3rd Sep 2020 at 1:49 AM
Thank you for this mod.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 5th Sep 2020 at 10:11 PM
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!
Test Subject
#7 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Iced Cream
While the traits from that mod will still work, the main issue is that using that mod also means you're using a modified 5-year old version of the whims tracker file. That can cause issues with the game and can break compatibility with other mods. This mod uses a script to modify the rewards store instead of overwriting files, so there should never be any compatibility issues with other mods.

It's safe to delete trait mods like that one. The game recalculates every sim's traits after every loading screen, so removing trait mods doesn't endanger your saves or crash your game.

If you want to transition over from that mod to this mod and you have extremely elderly sims who are being kept alive by the old mod's traits, you can start the game with both mods and use the commands listed on both mod pages to remove the old traits and add the new traits to your sims. Then save the game and restart without the old mod.

Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 6th Sep 2020 at 11:07 PM
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#9 Old 26th Nov 2020 at 11:41 PM
This mod looks great! For the cheat, do I just enter the command while the sim I want is active, and should I receive any kind of notification?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Nov 2020 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Faithful Puppy
This mod looks great! For the cheat, do I just enter the command while the sim I want is active, and should I receive any kind of notification?

Entering the command will instantly give your active sim the trait without a notification since it's an EA cheat that can be used to add any trait.
The trait will appear with your sim's other traits in the simology panel. Close and reopen it after using the cheat and the trait should be right there.
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 18th Mar 2021 at 10:25 PM
Does this work with the March 2021 patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Mar 2021 at 4:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by RoseSims4Fan
Does this work with the March 2021 patch?

Yes.

The mod shouldn't ever break unless EA does massive changes to how the rewards store works or unless they completely change the traits system.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#13 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 1:23 PM
Thank you so much for this! I tend to play multiple lots in one game & I was tired of having my Sim's friends die on other lots. This way they can be friends forever, literally, lol.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 27th Jun 2022 at 5:48 AM
Updated for Werewolves?
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 29th Jul 2022 at 12:51 AM Last edited by AuroraRayne : 29th Jul 2022 at 5:21 AM.
Hi there, since the new High School patch, this mod is throwing exceptions and no longer shows up.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 2:38 AM
Due to whims being replaced by wants and fears, this mod is broken. Hope it's fixed soon!

If you can't take the heat, choose the water type starter.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 30th Jul 2022 at 3:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TylerYoshi
Due to whims being replaced by wants and fears, this mod is broken. Hope it's fixed soon!

Another person posted in the Occult mod thread that they haven't logged in since March of 2022 and they don't this that any of their mods will be updated. Hopefully they come back or someone else takes over, with their permission of course.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 13th Aug 2022 at 9:11 PM
HI ALL I FOUND A FIX SINCE THIS IS BROKEN. If you have MCCC go into it while you have the sim in question chosen and then Flags. Flag your sim as immortal. They will not age or die.
Test Subject
#19 Old 23rd Aug 2022 at 5:08 AM
As others have noted, this mod is throwing up exceptions and doesn't seem to work any longer. Here are some more details from Better Exceptions:

Exception Date: 2022-08-22 23:49:46 Game Version: 1.90.375.1020-1.300.000.144.Release Category ID: ic_ageless_and_immortal_satisfaction_store_injection.py:21
Recommended Action You have a bad script mod. It may be out of date or broken. Check with the creator for an update or remove the mod listed.
Possible Cause (Confidence: 100%)
Iced Cream_Ageless and Immortal Reward Store Traits.ts4script
Reason The listed script mod failed to load and should be removed or updated. Failure: 'ic_ageless_and_immortal_satisfaction_store_injection' (ic_ageless_and_immortal_satisfaction_store_injection) type object 'WhimsTracker' has no attribute 'WhimAwardTypes' (AttributeError: type object 'WhimsTracker' has no attribute 'WhimAwardTypes')
MCCC Version 2022.4.1
WickedWhims Version v170k
Package Mod Count 2529
Test Subject
#20 Old 9th Oct 2022 at 1:12 AM
found this link on Rex's website, looks like he's made the most recent update: https://591760675.wixsite.com/rexsi...ds-store-traits
Test Subject
#21 Old 17th Jan 2024 at 8:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lyserg101
found this link on Rex's website, looks like he's made the most recent update: https://591760675.wixsite.com/rexsi...ds-store-traits

Thank you for finding this!!