Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Fern Valley | Populated | Base Game

by cutupuss Posted 1st Oct 2020 at 12:38 PM

32 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 14 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 2
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 2:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ImSteephill
I can't wait to try this out! There are so few worlds on here!

I don’t think any are populated either! At least none that I could find where
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 5:35 PM
New worlds are always good to stimulate the imagination. Since I don't play the towns, I'll probably go for the empty version for now. Looks like there's some interesting properties and I don't want to evict people to explore them properly.

Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:10 PM
OK, so here is my feedback.
1. Very few items seem to have non-default textures, they all look like the defaults.
2. Some of the families have misspelled descriptions.
Other than that, pretty good world! 6.5/10

Thank you for the feedback! I'll definitely take this into consideration if I make another / update this one!
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 9:05 PM
I just remembered Between Two Ferns with Zach Galifianakis talk show when saw this.
Thank you. Vic ^_^
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 2nd Oct 2020 at 4:47 AM
This looks great! Favoriting it to try later. Love the time and effort that was put in to create a populated world <3
Scholar
THANKS POST
#7 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 1:49 PM
I loved it! Small and cozy... the view from the houses near the sea is astonishing!
#8 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 6:51 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by run the files...I installed it the same way I've installed worlds before and it doesn't show up in the list when I went to play on it.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#9 Old 3rd Oct 2020 at 8:30 PM
Thanks, new worlds are always fun! Putting this in my game to check it out. I'll post back back after I've played it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 12:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlackjackGabbiani
I'm not sure what you mean by run the files...I installed it the same way I've installed worlds before and it doesn't show up in the list when I went to play on it.

You just have to run the package file and it should automatically install. Hmm, here's the link on the sims 3.com if you want this one (ignore the account it was posted on, it's very old):

https://www.thesims3.com/assetDetai...assetId=9416404
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#11 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 1:33 PM
I'm really excited to install and play this new world, thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:20 PM
I've played with it for a little bit and I'm a big fan! It's a very small world and I think that's a good thing. Everyone knows each other, which makes things interesting, and loading times are much shorter. I didn't even notice there wasn't a library like that one commenter said as your put a non-rabbithole next to the bookstore rabbithole, which I think is a very neat idea. I really enjoyed all the properties, it's nice to see something different for a change and interact with new sims. Thank you so much for sharing this with us!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 11:26 PM

Edit: I have a little more feedback
3. There is no library.
4. The cemetery has no mausoleum, so you can't manage the dead.
5. Everyone looks like they have the same hair color, down to the decimal.

3. There is a library! It's part of the bookstore rabbithole so only the bookstore tag shows up But the lot is technically a library - and it has a library room with computers and bookshelves
4. The cemetery does have a Mausoleum. It didn't fit the environment of the world so i hid it in a "basement", theres a secret ladder in one of the pretend mausoleums in the cemetery and sims who work there can climb down and go to work as usual. Also you can click on the map tag to show mausoleum options I think
5. Yes there is a lot of black haired sims but there is also brown hair, red hair and blonde hair too. Most sims that have black hair aren't caucasion which is why that is the case, but this probably falls into your point about there being no original textures or colours - whilst there is some, worlds are often known to lag extremely when custom patterns are applied to everything, I didn't want to make another laggy world which is why there is less than 9 world terrain textures too.
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 12:54 AM
Thank you so much cutupuss for sharing Fern Valley!
I haven't had a chance to properly play in it yet but I did take a quick look around. I'm happy with it so far and think I would rate the world about a 9/10. You did a really good job for your first time making a custom Sims 3 world. I love the size of the world and the short load times. The world looks great for it's size.

You did a wonderful job with the families. They all have personality and some back story going on for them. I enjoyed the little Sims 2 elements in it like the predetermined actions when you first load up the family (especially the ones with drama lol) and the fake Broke family. The sims are all either good looking or unique looking, I didn't find any of them ugly really.

The houses and the buildings look good too. They're not super fancy or anything but I personally like their styles and you did really good even with just the base game. I like the little details like the prison at the police station. I agree that a lot of the furniture had default textures, but I feel you got a good balance between having original textures and maintaining good performance.

All the things I didn't like about the world were quite minor. I understand why you made the camera around the cliffs unrouteable, but I found it a bit hard and annoying to move the camera when I was visiting lots near the cliffs. Some of the beaches and fishing spots are unnamed and I would have liked for the lots to have addresses.

I don't know much about CAW and I haven't played the world too long so I have no clue whether the world has any missed routing issues. But I do plan on starting a legacy in Fern Valley soon, so I'll get back to you if I find something .
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 10:31 AM
i downloaded this world. it works fine ......... but its not populated !
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 11:27 AM
Oh! I was wrong about the first 2, but I mean in families. Every family member looks like they have the same hair.

Oh i see! I just assumed genetics meant you have the same hair colour lol
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Naxolixx
Thank you so much cutupuss for sharing Fern Valley!
I haven't had a chance to properly play in it yet but I did take a quick look around. I'm happy with it so far and think I would rate the world about a 9/10. You did a really good job for your first time making a custom Sims 3 world. I love the size of the world and the short load times. The world looks great for it's size.

You did a wonderful job with the families. They all have personality and some back story going on for them. I enjoyed the little Sims 2 elements in it like the predetermined actions when you first load up the family (especially the ones with drama lol) and the fake Broke family. The sims are all either good looking or unique looking, I didn't find any of them ugly really.

The houses and the buildings look good too. They're not super fancy or anything but I personally like their styles and you did really good even with just the base game. I like the little details like the prison at the police station. I agree that a lot of the furniture had default textures, but I feel you got a good balance between having original textures and maintaining good performance.

All the things I didn't like about the world were quite minor. I understand why you made the camera around the cliffs unrouteable, but I found it a bit hard and annoying to move the camera when I was visiting lots near the cliffs. Some of the beaches and fishing spots are unnamed and I would have liked for the lots to have addresses.

I don't know much about CAW and I haven't played the world too long so I have no clue whether the world has any missed routing issues. But I do plan on starting a legacy in Fern Valley soon, so I'll get back to you if I find something .

Thank you!! I appreciate the advice and will definitely put that on my list to fix the camera routing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 9:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimKelly
i downloaded this world. it works fine ......... but its not populated !

Oh no! Which one did you download
Field Researcher
#19 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 2:29 PM
It looks amazing! I am downloading now and will try it out tonight. Thank you for your hard work

Happy-Go-Lucky
Mad Poster
#20 Old 9th Oct 2020 at 9:31 PM
Not bad, but I feel like the houses on the hill look unnatural and would be better suited as modern homes that are on supports/hanging off the cliff. The cliff could also be more smooth and less jarring from the landscape.

The mountains to the top right look good, but drop into the ocean a bit unnatural. I'd suggest extending them to rolling hills that come down to meet a shoreline/beach area. Same goes for the mountains on the left.

There's also no library and not enough empty lots to build some EP content on. I really don't want to bulldoze the fine houses you got in this world so I can put in say a junkyard or a fire station.

Great world otherwise. Nice and small just as I like them and I like the expressway idea you did with the black roads. Keep improving this, it's a great attempt so far.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 1:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HarVee
Not bad, but I feel like the houses on the hill look unnatural and would be better suited as modern homes that are on supports/hanging off the cliff. The cliff could also be more smooth and less jarring from the landscape.

The mountains to the top right look good, but drop into the ocean a bit unnatural. I'd suggest extending them to rolling hills that come down to meet a shoreline/beach area. Same goes for the mountains on the left.

There's also no library and not enough empty lots to build some EP content on. I really don't want to bulldoze the fine houses you got in this world so I can put in say a junkyard or a fire station.

Great world otherwise. Nice and small just as I like them and I like the expressway idea you did with the black roads. Keep improving this, it's a great attempt so far.

Thank you for the feedback! There is a library though, it's part of the bookstore
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 12:27 AM
I love the innovative way you've combined lots. A library and a bookstore together? And they look like the same building? Genius!

I've been looking for a low-lag populated world since I got my new computer that doesn't handle sims as well. You've provided. Thanks so much. I love it!

Living high contrast
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 22nd Oct 2020 at 8:10 PM
I love your custom neighborhoods I can't wait to try this one out,
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#24 Old 11th Nov 2020 at 9:46 AM
It's like a tiny/compressed city! How cute! And I love all the households you did. You've put a lot of effort in doing this. Really nice.
Lab Assistant
#25 Old 23rd Nov 2020 at 12:24 AM
Default Characterisation
I love the friendship between Dandy & Dim. It's a beautiful, wonderful thing, and I cried so much when Dandy died of old age. Dim got the notification at stupidly early am and so I had them spend the entire day together. Dim went home after a long day to his newborn and I thought to myself how much I was going to miss Dandy in this world and their friendship and he chose that moment to die. I still tear up thinking about it.

You did a spectacular job on the interconnected relationships in this town. It's a small world, but it has a big big heart. This is hands-down my favourite world right now just in terms of how real the relationships feel. Nobody feels like a caricature. I am going to enjoy playing this world again and again and getting to know each different facet.

Living high contrast
Page 1 of 2