Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Harborview [no cc] [Update 1.3 October 23rd, 2022]

by orkahm Posted 28th Oct 2020 at 4:00 PM - Updated 25th Oct 2022 at 4:34 PM by orkahm : New Update/fixes

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 37 Feedback Posts, 20 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 4:55 PM Last edited by ec190 : 28th Oct 2020 at 11:00 PM.
This looks like such a cute neighborhood but it doesn't load in my game. Most neighborhoods have 4 letter names, like N001 etc. Could this be why? (I have sims2UC btw)
The SC4 file loads in fine though.

Edit: I tried renaming it to 4 letters myself using the bulk rename utility but it still isn't loading
Edit 2: Simsample's fix works, excited to start playing
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#3 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 4:59 PM
Looks so awesome! Great job! Could you make a subhood version i think it would pair up with Riverblossom Hills perfectly
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 5:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ec190
This looks like such a cute neighborhood but it doesn't load in my game. Most neighborhoods have 4 letter names, like N001 etc. Could this be why? (I have sims2UC btw)
The SC4 file loads in fine though.

I have the same problem...... Why????
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 5:51 PM
Looks great, but same problem: doesn't show up.
Test Subject
#6 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 6:05 PM
Hello, hood looks exciting but also won't load. I tried renaming the hood and all files to N006 using Bulk Rename Utility and it still doesn't work.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#7 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 7:13 PM
Hi @orkahm
It appears that this neighbourhood uses Sims 2 Store Edition, which means that it will not show up for people using the UC or the disc games only. If you look at this image you will see that, on the left is Strangetown with EP version 11,00,00,00 in the IDNO and on the right is your neighbourhood (renamed to 4 characters) with an EP version of 1F,00,00,00. I extracted that resource and changed the values in a Hex editor (I changed the EP listing too) and it shows up fine for me in my M&G game.
If you want to change this and reupload, then here is some info and here is detail of what the values mean.
Anyone reading who wants to edit their copy can do so, or else you could wait until the creator updates. I could share my edited resource but I think it means that you'd have to edit the filenames to match mine.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#8 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 9:53 PM
Wow, oh wow. I have been trying to put together a New England fishing hood and struggling with it. I would love to play this instead.

Thanks for the info, simssample. I'm not sure I can do it, though.
Instructor
#9 Old 28th Oct 2020 at 11:52 PM
With the latest version of SimPE, it's just a matter of choosing M&G from a drop-down menu. And I believe sims 2 hoods need to be 4 characters max. I did not test with the original name

I need a cigarette
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:08 AM
Now. I really like the hood. Is so small yet it has so many lots. I love the idea of downtown within the main hood. The sims look quite good. I am so into this hood i might be adding this to my uberhood, i just need to see how into the sims i am. Thanks
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 12:20 AM
Good job! Loving it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 1:33 AM
Hi people responding, if you have issues, I did simsample's fix and edited the hex for IDNO and updated the file, feel free to redownload if you're still having issues. I apologize for the issue and happy simming!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 1:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mrselimcan
Looks so awesome! Great job! Could you make a subhood version i think it would pair up with Riverblossom Hills perfectly
sure thing, I'll try doing that!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 2:42 AM
This is awesome!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 9:54 AM
Now it's working perfectly, thanks.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#16 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 10:39 AM
@orkahm It's working now! Thank you. :D
Test Subject
Original Poster
#17 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 10:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@orkahm It's working now! Thank you. :D

no, thank YOU for pointing it out, I didn't know that was an actual problem until you mentioned it
Test Subject
#18 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 11:58 AM
The neighborhood shows up now, thanks. However I've noticed that almost all the sims except the Roomies household have randomized names. Also, the Santiago family won't load for me, trying to load the lot crashes the game.
Forum Resident
#19 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 3:52 PM
The randomized names happen because your game is in a different language. The names were only set for the English game. It should be possible to fix them either in SimPE or ingame.

edit: Weirdly enough, the neighborhood doesn't show up in SimPE for me, so I can't actually fix it in my game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#20 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 4:33 PM
Awesome!!! I love this so much I'm so glad someone else has made a custom neighbourhood so I can play it!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#21 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 5:55 PM
@Ovenhole You will need to rename the files to have 4 characters eg ORK2 for SimPE to see it.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 7:33 PM
Thanks!

@littleEgg, if you want to fix it for yourself, here's how:
You open the character file for each playable sim, go to "Catalog Description" and select "Copy string to all" for the first and third line. (Second line is the biography, which should already show up correct.) Commit and save. Repeat for each sim.

If you don't feel comfortable enough with SimPE to do that, I can PM you the correct names for the sims and you can edit them ingame with SimBlender.
Test Subject
#23 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 10:06 PM
Hood looks really lovely but MTS page misses some info to convince me to download it
I may download it to check it out anyway cuz it looks cool but I dont know what to expect from it as no info about families is given
Test Subject
#24 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 2:38 AM
I downloaded this neighborhood a few days ago and i can't get into some of the bigger lots? It always crashes whether i go with a via taxi or in build/buy mode. Also, I saw that you mentioned there were custom townies, did Exploratory Drone 125(...) happen to be one of them? He moved into an apartment unit and I cant interact with him and it resets my sim if i try. It's a darling neighborhood and it's quickly become my favorite.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#25 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 8:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AbandonedLoneliness
I downloaded this neighborhood a few days ago and i can't get into some of the bigger lots? It always crashes whether i go with a via taxi or in build/buy mode. Also, I saw that you mentioned there were custom townies, did Exploratory Drone 125(...) happen to be one of them? He moved into an apartment unit and I cant interact with him and it resets my sim if i try. It's a darling neighborhood and it's quickly become my favorite.

This is the first time I heard about this problem, is anyone else having this problem? If yes, then I'll look into the files and fix it, if no, your game or computer might have problem that requires you to reinstall it.
Page 1 of 3