Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

No Backsplash Counters Add-On Overrides and Non-Default Clones

by bessy Posted 30th Oct 2020 at 6:02 PM - Updated 2nd Mar 2024 at 12:10 AM by bessy : 03/02 Confirmed latest patch compatibility

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 19 Feedback Posts, 11 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 10:26 AM
Hi, thank you for this, since I really like to make counter and island a single thing, these are essential.
I was wondering, would you mind updating the plastickbox ones as well? They don't seem to work properly for me.
But I understand if I'm asking too much.
Again, thank you.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st Oct 2020 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebrew
Hi, thank you for this, since I really like to make counter and island a single thing, these are essential.
I was wondering, would you mind updating the plastickbox ones as well? They don't seem to work properly for me.
But I understand if I'm asking too much.
Again, thank you.

Hi! Thanks for the feedback and your question) I have fixed those from pbox for personal use, so can add them too.
Test Subject
#4 Old 1st Nov 2020 at 9:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Black-Shadow
Hi! Thanks for the feedback and your question) I have fixed those from pbox for personal use, so can add them too.

That would be greatly appreciated, you're very kind, thanks.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 4th Nov 2020 at 3:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ebrew
That would be greatly appreciated, you're very kind, thanks.

You're welcome! I've updated the post already. Please feel free to inform if you have any issues.
Scholar
#6 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 8:58 AM
What does the "&amp" mean in the file download titles? Sorry for the dumb question.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 7th Nov 2020 at 1:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
What does the "&amp" mean in the file download titles? Sorry for the dumb question.

&amp (followed by semicolon) is just an HTML code for a regular "&" sign. Websites usually translate certain characters to HTML code before adding text to the website's database, to ensure that they don't cause unwanted effects. Then when the text is fetched from the database and printed on a webpage, the HTML code is translated back to the original character again. Here in the download titles something has happened so that it isn't translated back as it is supposed to. So just read them as &.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 8th Nov 2020 at 2:31 PM
Great! Thank you! Loved it.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#9 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 11:21 PM
This is fantastic! Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 13th Nov 2020 at 1:35 AM
Does this work with the latest patch? I've been looking for an updated mod
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 14th Nov 2020 at 1:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by flaminpenguin316
Does this work with the latest patch? I've been looking for an updated mod

Hi! Yes, it's working)
Instructor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 1:19 PM Last edited by LuvMySimz : 5th Jan 2021 at 4:49 PM.
Thanks so much for the updates! I haven a few questions though. Which ones are ROM & CL ? I do not have those packs installed and not sure which ones those are in your merged file. Could you pint them out so I can delete them? Thanks a bunch! Also will these overrides also work for CC kitchens of the same kinds? Like the S.Cargeaux, Victorian and Harbinger Counter for example. I have created those a while back, as "create a 3D Mesh" not recolors, so I could add more deco slots to the counters and made some custom colors. Will the override files work on those, too or only on recolors?

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ETA: never mind, I just tested the files and they don't work on my CC counters, even though they are the same, only the in game (EA)ones work. I guess I have to add mine.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th Feb 2021 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuvMySimz
Thanks so much for the updates! I haven a few questions though. Which ones are ROM & CL ? I do not have those packs installed and not sure which ones those are in your merged file. Could you pint them out so I can delete them? Thanks a bunch! Also will these overrides also work for CC kitchens of the same kinds? Like the S.Cargeaux, Victorian and Harbinger Counter for example. I have created those a while back, as "create a 3D Mesh" not recolors, so I could add more deco slots to the counters and made some custom colors. Will the override files work on those, too or only on recolors?

Oh and HAPPY NEW YEAR!

ETA: never mind, I just tested the files and they don't work on my CC counters, even though they are the same, only the in game (EA)ones work. I guess I have to add mine.

Hi! Sorry, just read your comment (well, I have to adjust my notifications, hmmm). The CL is "Wooden Low Grungy" and RoM is "Iron" counter. I'm new to modding / CC creating and most things I do are for practice or personal use. This was one of my favorite mods from pbox, so I figured out how to update it. I think they won't work with the custom sets, because the change is only replacing the mesh that has wall backsplash with a no-backsplash mesh of the same counter. So, there is a seperate override for every counter, but should work for those that are only recolors using EA meshes, I suppose. You can do the same changes for the CC counters you use, or PM me if you need help with this.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#14 Old 10th Feb 2021 at 1:45 AM
Thank you so much for these!
Test Subject
#15 Old 2nd Jun 2021 at 7:45 AM
Hello, is it possible you could make a version of this that isn't a default replacement? I like having the option for both, but its fine if you cant.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 6:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a87370ylgrc
Hello, is it possible you could make a version of this that isn't a default replacement? I like having the option for both, but its fine if you cant.

Hi! Hm, it's possible, I think, so I'll get a look when I have some time. Thanks for the idea!
Test Subject
#17 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 5:40 PM
Dream Home Decorator
Quote: Originally posted by Black-Shadow
Hi! Hm, it's possible, I think, so I'll get a look when I have some time. Thanks for the idea!

I haven't played with Dream Home Decorator for the career, but I use the counters and other furnishings. Will the counters here work as intended in this game pack? I think some change was made to the default counters' behavior.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Jun 2021 at 8:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by slcd
I haven't played with Dream Home Decorator for the career, but I use the counters and other furnishings. Will the counters here work as intended in this game pack? I think some change was made to the default counters' behavior.

I have Dream Home Decorator GP and started updating my mods after Sims 4 Studio update for GP items. While I played with GP, there was nothing wrong with these counter overrides, but I'll check it precisiously and then update the post in a few days.

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#19 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 11:39 PM
Thank god you're here to get rid of the backsplashes for us
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#20 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by VMScofield
Thank god you're here to get rid of the backsplashes for us

You are welcome)

Crazy in purple
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 12:45 PM
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aloneguy950
Awesome! Thanks For Sharing!

Hey! You're welcome!)

Crazy in purple
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#23 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 8:24 PM
Thanks for the quick update!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#24 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dopiedopesim
Thanks for the quick update!

You're welcome!

Crazy in purple
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 9:03 PM
Awesome! Now I can use a corner counter to join to an island counter or even just a regular counter! Plus now the windows don'y have to be raised as high! Very happy. Just discovered your mods this and the EA cabinet shadow fixer) while reviewing the Mod Status Google Sheets :)
Page 1 of 2