Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:20 PM
Default Questions about modding for Custom Tombs
Hello!

I am new to mod creation for the sims. I found little information on the following and was wondering if it is doable? If it is, what would you recommend?

1. When building a custom tomb, is it possible to spawn in NPCs? It thought that it would be interesting for sims to explore a tomb and then meet a vampire or a ghost (for example) in there.
1.1 If it is, would it be possible for me to trigger a notification bubble when the played sim meets them? For example, the sim enters the room, a vampire appears, then tells your sim (via a notification bubble) "Who has awakened me from my slumber?"
1.2 Would it be possible to trigger an interaction between the spawned sim and the played sim? Example, the vampire attacks you sim, or simply tells him a joke.

2. Would it be hard to make custom quests/opportunities leading sims to my custom tomb (like in world adventures)? I checked and found that custom opportunities can be added to the game via the nraas Careers mod. I haven't figured if they have to be attached to a career or not.

I am exploring the idea of making custom tombs and I want to see how far I could go with questing implementation. What do you think?

Have a nice day!
Advertisement
Space Pony
#2 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:30 PM
All of that seems doable via script modding,

you could make scripted objects to place that trigger when a sim comes close spawn your vampire and activate the dialog.
This would require you to know c# though
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 5th Dec 2020 at 7:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Battery
All of that seems doable via script modding,

you could make scripted objects to place that trigger when a sim comes close spawn your vampire and activate the dialog.
This would require you to know c# though

Interesting!
I do know some C#. I will gather more infos about scripted objets.

Thank you!