Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Riverview City - Updated 04/01/2021

by LordCrumps Posted 29th Dec 2020 at 12:28 AM - Updated 19th May 2021 at 4:05 PM by LordCrumps : Updated files with fixes

81 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 49 Feedback Posts, 31 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 4
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:52 AM
Fascinating! definitely will be playing on this hood.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 4:37 AM
Very nice. That must have took a lot of work. It takes me a few days just to set up a small neighborhood.
Forum Resident
#4 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 8:38 AM
...Thanks for sharing!
Wow! Now this looks epic - thanks for sharing!.. {Downloads}

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Scholar
THANKS POST
#5 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 1:35 PM
This is AMAZING! I love new hoods and you did an gorgerous job! I love all the families description and all the lots!!
Forum Resident
#6 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 3:53 PM
Looks very nice, I'll try it out!

Quick tip for any other non-English players: Unfortunately a lot of the names will be randomized for this neighborhood. Here's how to fix this:
Open the affected sim's character file
Load the Catalog Description
Click "Default lang only" in the lower left corner
Commit and save.
Repeat for every sim.

You can also manually edit the names ingame with SimBlender or other mods like it, but you will need to know the sim's name, which isn't always possible here.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:04 PM
Thanks for sharing this!I'm going for just the terrain version since I am an expert builder and don't mind building the town myself.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#8 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:05 PM
Thank you for sharing
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubblegumfish
Fascinating! definitely will be playing on this hood.

Thank you! Let me know how it is for you / If you enjoyed it etc!

Quote: Originally posted by iSandor
This is AMAZING! I love new hoods and you did an gorgerous job! I love all the families description and all the lots!!

Thank you! I usually do not finish the whole map, but this one I just had too!

Quote: Originally posted by DocFX
Wow! Now this looks epic - thanks for sharing!.. {Downloads}

No worries, glad you like it!

Quote: Originally posted by Alasdair
Thank you for sharing

No problem!

Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Looks very nice, I'll try it out!

Quick tip for any other non-English players: Unfortunately a lot of the names will be randomized for this neighborhood. Here's how to fix this:
Open the affected sim's character file
Load the Catalog Description
Click "Default lang only" in the lower left corner
Commit and save.
Repeat for every sim.

You can also manually edit the names ingame with SimBlender or other mods like it, but you will need to know the sim's name, which isn't always possible here.

Thank you for this tip! I will see if I can add it onto the main post! Great information!

Quote: Originally posted by pianogrinder
Very nice. That must have took a lot of work. It takes me a few days just to set up a small neighborhood.

Making a hood is TONS of work, I built all the lots and decorated first before I did the Sims. This helped me actually finish the hood!

If you like Sims stuff, I have some videos on YouTube?
@LordCrumps
Instructor
THANKS POST
#10 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:19 PM
This is fantastic, I will be downloading this to get a closer look at all the lots and details. Especially impressed with the community lot center and the older architecture. You nailed those designs. The corner lots look great, and it's very clever how you put the two buildings on the central lot to create a walking plaza. The apartments look wonderful too. I always like seeing how builders try to recreate the open world nature of TS3 in TS2.

Not sure it's appropriate to call these Easter eggs, but I'm seeing lots from Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Sunset Valley (the condos, Bachelors, and Goth Manor, love it) in here. Would love to hear more about that - guessing you've got backstories or a reasoning for including some of those. Any other to discover?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 5:22 PM
Very detailed world, especially with the extended family tree within the pre-made families and the memory systems for the pre-mades!

I see some interesting background stories such as Jay-Jay's father may not be aware of his existence!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 9:54 PM
Hi!
I'm currently playing an uberhood and I'd like to add Riverview City as a subhood, could you please add the option to download it as a shopping district?
Thank you in advance!
Test Subject
#13 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 10:34 PM
When I saw the Thumbnail for the first time, I know this Neighborhood is high Quality. Well Done! I don't know if I could ever create a Neighborhood quite detailed as Riverview City.
I really like how unique the Riverview Citizens and their Stories are!

I did however stumble upon a few inaccuracies what can easily be fixed with SimPE :
- a few missing want slots on graduated Sims (Zoe Harrison at least)
- The ages of the Harrison and Moore don't align with the rest of the Neighborhood.
- Michael Moore and Lilly Moore are exactly the same age. (Lilly should be by default at least 3 Days older when her brother Michael.)
- Antionio Bachelor? (I guess its supposed to be Antonio Bachelor)
- Malcolm Landgrab VII is missing from Zoe Harrison's Relationship Panel.
- Malcolm Landgrab VIII remembers sneaking out with a Townie Boy instead of his potential love interest. (townie and lover share first name)

I hope my feedback is appreciated and I hope you could understand my English, I'm a non-native speaker from Germany. I really look forward to play Riverview City.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#14 Old 29th Dec 2020 at 11:27 PM
Just had a quick lookaround I absolutely love this neighborhood! Can't wait ti play the families :p
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 1:23 AM
This is a beautiful 'hood, and it's going straight into my game. Thank you!
Test Subject
#16 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 3:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by baekcholo
Hi!
I'm currently playing an uberhood and I'd like to add Riverview City as a subhood, could you please add the option to download it as a shopping district?
Thank you in advance!

I second this! Would love a subhood!
Instructor
#17 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 5:18 AM
I couldn't resist taking a closer look at many of the lots today, so I downloaded the version without any sims, and I was not disappointed. Even more impressed with all the lots, and the diversity of styles, after going into many of them. The European style community lots are fantastic - I want to steal them for my other neighborhoods I like them so much.

Did want to report out on a couple of errors that I uncovered.

1. Bertha's Diner still shows up as an owned lot, and cannot be visited unless by the owner sims or a visitor. Since I downloaded the empty version, I could not access. Not really an issue since I won't play an empty version, but wanted to bring to your attention it still is tagged or sourced as such.

2. I think Mr. Humble may have still been on the property in the largest Capp house. When I entered the lot, it showed him as a "playable" character, though I couldn't find him and did not attempt to play him or give him any actions. I feared the game would crash (it didn't, tho I only stayed in the lot a few seconds). See attached for what I found.

3. In the Witches Tavern (and others) I noticed the Lady in Red painting being used repeatedly (attached). Is there a piece of CC missing to make this show up? Also noticed a few missing wall textures in the Main street lots, but not a big issue. I think bathroom walls or something less consequential.

I plan on downloading and play the populated hood later, so I think problems 1 and 2 will be irrelevant to those who download that version, but did want to bring to your attention. Once again, fantastic work all around. Can only imagine how much time went into this whole thing!
Screenshots
Theorist
THANKS POST
#18 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:07 PM
Interesting, looks very European. Is that on purpose?
Downloaded it right away.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#19 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
This is fantastic, I will be downloading this to get a closer look at all the lots and details. Especially impressed with the community lot center and the older architecture. You nailed those designs. The corner lots look great, and it's very clever how you put the two buildings on the central lot to create a walking plaza. The apartments look wonderful too. I always like seeing how builders try to recreate the open world nature of TS3 in TS2.

Not sure it's appropriate to call these Easter eggs, but I'm seeing lots from Pleasantview, Veronaville, and Sunset Valley (the condos, Bachelors, and Goth Manor, love it) in here. Would love to hear more about that - guessing you've got backstories or a reasoning for including some of those. Any other to discover?

I wanted to have an "open world feel" and a clear divide with the community lots, so I am glad it has came out like that! With the repeating houses, initially I was not going to upload this, it was just going to be for my personal plays, so I recreated some of my favorite houses from across all games. Just with my own little flair. Sorry there is not any more to it!

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Finsterlavey
Very detailed world, especially with the extended family tree within the pre-made families and the memory systems for the pre-mades!

I see some interesting background stories such as Jay-Jay's father may not be aware of his existence!

Thank you, part of the reason for the extended families is that I like to have a varied gene pool, this means that the offspring can carry grandparents’ genes etc.

Rebecca Moore's story is one of my favourites! She doesn't know that the reason why she broke up with them is because Bertha had something to do with their disappearance... The only one that got away from her wrath is Derek!

Hi!
Thank you in advance!

I will get one sorted for you!
Quote: Originally posted by Simclavell
When I saw the Thumbnail for the first time, I know this Neighborhood is high Quality. Well Done! I don't know if I could ever create a Neighborhood quite detailed as Riverview City.
I really like how unique the Riverview Citizens and their Stories are!

I did however stumble upon a few inaccuracies what can easily be fixed with SimPE :
- a few missing want slots on graduated Sims (Zoe Harrison at least)
- The ages of the Harrison and Moore don't align with the rest of the Neighborhood.
- Michael Moore and Lilly Moore are exactly the same age. (Lilly should be by default at least 3 Days older when her brother Michael.)
- Antionio Bachelor? (I guess its supposed to be Antonio Bachelor)
- Malcolm Landgrab VII is missing from Zoe Harrison's Relationship Panel.
- Malcolm Landgrab VIII remembers sneaking out with a Townie Boy instead of his potential love interest. (townie and lover share first name)

I hope my feedback is appreciated and I hope you could understand my English, I'm a non-native speaker from Germany. I really look forward to play Riverview City.

THIS is why I love this community! Thank you for your feedback! I will go iron out these issues and update this post!

Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
Just had a quick lookaround I absolutely love this neighborhood! Can't wait ti play the families :p

Ooo I am grateful you like the look of it! Hope it meets expectations!

Quote: Originally posted by lilyeverlasting
This is a beautiful 'hood, and it's going straight into my game. Thank you!

Thank you!! Enjoy!

Quote: Originally posted by Katarina.zinha

I will get on this immediately!

Quote: Originally posted by daman19942
I couldn't resist taking a closer look at many of the lots today, so I downloaded the version without any sims, and I was not disappointed. Even more impressed with all the lots, and the diversity of styles, after going into many of them. The European style community lots are fantastic - I want to steal them for my other neighborhoods I like them so much.

Did want to report out on a couple of errors that I uncovered.

1. Bertha's Diner still shows up as an owned lot, and cannot be visited unless by the owner sims or a visitor. Since I downloaded the empty version, I could not access. Not really an issue since I won't play an empty version, but wanted to bring to your attention it still is tagged or sourced as such.

2. I think Mr. Humble may have still been on the property in the largest Capp house. When I entered the lot, it showed him as a "playable" character, though I couldn't find him and did not attempt to play him or give him any actions. I feared the game would crash (it didn't, tho I only stayed in the lot a few seconds). See attached for what I found.

3. In the Witches Tavern (and others) I noticed the Lady in Red painting being used repeatedly (attached). Is there a piece of CC missing to make this show up? Also noticed a few missing wall textures in the Main street lots, but not a big issue. I think bathroom walls or something less consequential.

I plan on downloading and play the populated hood later, so I think problems 1 and 2 will be irrelevant to those who download that version, but did want to bring to your attention. Once again, fantastic work all around. Can only imagine how much time went into this whole thing!

Wow, thank you! This is interesting to read,

1. Okay will fix that for the next version!

2. I am really not sure how that is possible, when doing it again I will make sure he is off lot! (Never heard of this before!)

3. Ahh yes! I did have CC cabinets there, but took them out of the map, sorry I missed this lot!

Thank you again, I will address these issues and update the files!

Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Interesting, looks very European. Is that on purpose?
Downloaded it right away.

It was a style that I enjoy building a lot, I initially wanted this hood to be just for me, so I built in styles I enjoyed, but then a few people over on FB wanted it, so I made it more tailored for everyone!

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by c0wp1ant
I'm having a lot of fun with this neighborhood, but whenever I play the Landgraab family the lot always crashes after a few seconds of loading it.

I am really not sure as to why it would crash, have you got the CC curtains, as that Is the only CC I used in that mansion?

@LordCrumps
Theorist
THANKS POST
#22 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:48 PM
I ilke how it's done and wish try to test in my game as only I can. Unfortunately I can't do it right now. Storyline looks gorgeous so I been cought by it. May I continue storyline of some families in distant world and share it at MTS too? I wanna try myself as neighborhood maker, cause your neighborhood cought my mind and gave me so much inspiration!
Regards Vic ^_^
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 12:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
I ilke how it's done and wish try to test in my game as only I can. Unfortunately I can't do it right now. Storyline looks gorgeous so I been cought by it. May I continue storyline of some families in distant world and share it at MTS too? I wanna try myself as neighborhood maker, cause your neighborhood cought my mind and gave me so much inspiration!
Regards Vic ^_^

I do not own the rights to Sims lives, you can take the storylines and run with them if you wish! If you do, please comment back here so I can see your creation!

@LordCrumps
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#24 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:14 PM
Hi!
Thank you in advance!

Quote: Originally posted by Katarina.zinha

Hello, just to let you know a Subhood option is now available, please back up and test on a throw away hood. There are no issues in my game, but this was the first time I have created one!

Any feedback / issues would be greatly apricated. Thank you!

@LordCrumps
Test Subject
#25 Old 30th Dec 2020 at 2:23 PM
Hi! Thank you for the amazingly quick update, I love this hood, it´s amazing! Builds are gorgeous and the hood is lovely.
Page 1 of 4