Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#51 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 8:43 PM
this house fits perfectly with your theme, ive even seen houses like this around where i live in england with the long extension attached at the back of the house. great work!

Sometimes I feel like one of the unborn Ottomas twins.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 10th Oct 2021 at 9:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello. Here is the new house that was merely resycled from Chelsham Road Duplex...

Wow! Great job! Yes, it's the same house - but what a difference . I'm glad you like it, and are using it for your story/hood!

Sorry about your mouse though...

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#53 Old 11th Oct 2021 at 12:14 AM Last edited by Victor_tor : 11th Oct 2021 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Mispell
Quote: Originally posted by rb47798
this house fits perfectly with your theme, ive even seen houses like this around where i live in england with the long extension attached at the back of the house. great work!

This house was actually made by Catherine. So I think all best regards about architecture goes to her. I did not edit the shell at all, just replaced the windows from walls that supposed to be sharing with neighbours. My job was to decorate it.
And today I end up with cheating and changed places master bedroom and girls' one. I increased apartment capacity and now it can house the family of two parents with three children without sharing bed.
I found today two tricks that suit well and could help you to save some space in tiny rooms:
First - when you sink headboard into the wall, sim will have few space to the opposite to reach other bed side. This make you to have opportunity to place double bed in the room with three tiles length. I found this trick in Sims 3, but now I see it also works fine in Sims 2.
Second - curtains can be put on top of each other without cheats (but just once). I decided to use layered curtains for other houses too. I read before there were a lot of textile in victorian interior. Not only windows were decorated with curtains, but also doors, mirrors and even pictures. I decided to use this tasteless feature in my interiors.

Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Wow! Great job! Yes, it's the same house - but what a difference . I'm glad you like it, and are using it for your story/hood!

Thank you too for creating this house, Catherine
Sorry about your mouse though...

There is something challenging in such life without mouse. But I couldn't live long in this challenge. I already found new for mail-order
Screenshots

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
Original Poster
#54 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 10:52 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 25th Oct 2021 at 6:56 PM. Reason: screenshots renumber
I dunno when I did this reduction. Guess somewhere before I created a plan for each region but after I decided to recreate this city as unpopulated. TS2 keeps crashing and smashing my brain so I decided to share some old screens.
This is one of terraced houses built by @popebarley that is absolutely amazing. Except one thing that was not fit my neighborhood. So I recreated all its interiors. They are middle-to-low class houses in my neighborhood housed at the 1st area close to water's edge. All even screenshots from attached are from @popebarley houses and all odds are my refurnish to fit victorian theme and old times.

I followed the common pattern for all houses that I have in this neighborhood. They are:
  • No TVs, no PCs and no video games.
  • No fire alarms and no burglar alarms as well.
  • Candle and gas lights for idoors and outdoors)
  • More fireplaces (they defintelly had no central heat)
  • Layered curtains. There is textile on door arches, on windows, on plain walls. I made a gaps between walls in salons to decorate it with curtains as well.
  • Public WC inside the house (that is a compensated by usual toilet, but still - one per apartment and it is outdoors)
  • Cupdoards! (act like usual dressers, as bars combination with cabinets or other structures made to look alike)
  • Antique, gothic and cottagecore furniture.
  • Luxury, overfurnished living and poor bedrooms with sparse decoration
  • Drawing rooms (rooms with sofas and loveseats that were meant to be for communication)
  • Pot Belly Stoves at all kitchens (warmth at winter plus... well... I think it looks like victorian stove where people could have cooked like in oven)
I also found the way to create a dinning room with centered dinning table at each apartment, and utilise the space under the roof for Edwardian nursery that seems to be a feature for luxury victorian houses. Anyways without place for nursemaid I think it fits nice here as well.

Terraced houses by popebarley can be downloaded here

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
Original Poster
#55 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 3:45 PM

English cottage by Catherine living on its own in this neighborhood.
Was wondered how tight is space near the enterance. I don't like it and will probably expand. Looks unfinished inside and I don't kow how it will came up since I never used such buildings before. I cleaned it from custom content and now it is NO CC building. Need to test it in my game. Then. If everything fine, it will take its place near polluted lake.
I have no idea how to inhabit it. What do you think, who could live there? What can I place on expanded land?
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#56 Old 5th Aug 2022 at 7:13 PM
Great to see you continuing to work on Trio Lake! I think the lot looks fine as it is apart from the path that goes to no where maybe you could use the lot extender to allow the path to lead into a garden or allow the path to go to the road and have it be used as the main enterance like originally intended. But if you use the door at the driveway as the main enterance I'd reccomend changing the indoor floor plan so the main door doesn't lead into the kitchen as most english houses dont have their enterances lead into a kitchen.

Theorist
Original Poster
#57 Old 6th Aug 2022 at 12:11 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 6th Aug 2022 at 2:26 PM. Reason: question
Yes, the neighborhood grows slowly and according to plan. The poor district which is number 1 had corner house demolished where a flea pit cimema was risen instead.

WIP mansion of 3rd zone is finished and ready for use

7th and 6th zones are my current interest. There are already some new buildings constructed in 7th zone (yellow font) central telegraph and printing house. There is 6th zone (yellow font) building reconstructed for telephone exchange and one new house I published day ago.

4th zone is pedning construction. I have few ideas of reorganising of 8th zone as well and will probably split it in three.

I think your idea with garden is great. I might go for it. Though it won't be garden in its common British look with green grass and trimmed green hedges because this house is near the shore and you can see there is a sand in those tile. I have to test this house for NPCs accessibility after things you mentioned.

Thank you for your attention. :lovestruc

I have a question for anyone. What's the right addressing of houses followed by British government? Do rowhouses are recognised as one building or each unit is a different house? Does countryside use the same address pattern like cities? I want to know everything to give each house its proper name in accordance.

Regards Vic ^_^
Screenshots

Theorist
Original Poster
#58 Old 17th Aug 2022 at 11:10 PM
Hello. There are some changes in this neighborhood I want to respresent!
#1 I found really neat roads default replacement roads by Psychosim. That suits really well!

#2 I decided to replace Catherine's house by self made ruins. I did not like how those house looked like on sandy terrain. And since the houses variety is high, I think that I can be whimsical regarding some cases that will not fit perfect in my neighborhood. The ruins there has been inspired by Dustanburgh castle ruins and built by me in almost 3 hours with no actual purpouse. I could move it somewhere else later because I still not impressed to have just ruins in the commercial town center near the police and telephone exchange but now it is temporarily placed here on the lake coast.
Also I decided to fill the coastline street by terraced houses for middle class sims. I noticed that I have poor flats in area #1, I have high class London Belgravia, and now here are middle class houses which will cost about 50k each.

#3 I built new lot for my 5th area. And there is... the landfill...
#4 House from this post is finally released so you can check it out it in my profile page.
#5 Regardless I promised to share this neighborhood empty, I keep in mind some ideas about its population. I read about servants and maids during Victorian times. Most of them were from colonies, with black skin or asian face. I think what if the middle class and high class families could have their servants as regular part of sims families. Like playable sims. In fact that could make sense because in Victorian some servants and maids has been living with their masters... Is that interesting? What do you think?

Regards Vic
Screenshots

Lab Assistant
#59 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 11:29 PM
Love the ruins! You should make sure some of the very old houses in the area use a similar or the same wallpaper that is used on the ruin to make it look like the ruin was used and recycled for building materials in the surrounding areas which has been done in the past.

Forum Resident
#60 Old 18th Aug 2022 at 11:45 PM
I love all the decoration and lots, also see all the images you post. As a player, I will tell you that I love the ruins, but I need a purpose to visit the lot. Perhaps imagining an object that goes with the neighborhood, or putting a couple of benches, (so that the sims can make out), would give it a utility beyond decoration.
Theorist
Original Poster
#61 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 11:55 AM
I can describe my confusion about the ruins.
This is the town center so there is a low chance ruins will ever appear there since the towns are highly maintained during Victorian times.
Ruins could become abandoned at the outskirts when owners had moved to the town from suburban. But not in town center. So I feel this not a proper place for ruins at all. It should be commercial district or terraced houses. But I can't find proper pictures to look at. I can not imagine how terraced houses would look when raised on the sand near the coastline.
Simsample showed me before one awesome picture they rasied huge entertainment pier houses right on the water. But this not suits this place too because this is the lake corner... So I can not place a beach lot there.

Theorist
Original Poster
#62 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 9:30 PM
A little picture of WIP (so you could find 10 differences XD) and note for Catherine. As well as anyone who ever interested.
@CatherineTCJD we had a talk about sun angle before in Your own designs. Lot sun angle can be fixed by Chris Hatch's Lot Compressor. In a way I did not figured. But it changes sun angle for some houses after compressing.

Also. Could you show me the link to mod you have that allows to use two and one step modular stairs.

Regards Vic
Screenshots

Mad Poster
#63 Old 19th Aug 2022 at 9:36 PM
https://modthesims.info/d/654748/stair-mods.html
It's Simler90's Stair Mods

For 2-step stairs, only large dogs need it.

Oh wait! 1-step stairs - ALL sims need Simple Passage Modular Stair by HugeLunatic (HL) @ Sims2Artists (https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4558.0)
You may also want to review my tutorial: https://s2virtualrealty.blogspot.co...or-basic-2.html

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#64 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 10:36 AM
https://modthesims.info/d/654748/stair-mods.html
It's Simler90's Stair Mods

For 2-step stairs, only large dogs need it.

Oh wait! 1-step stairs - ALL sims need Simple Passage Modular Stair by HugeLunatic (HL) @ Sims2Artists (https://sims2artists.com/index.php?topic=4558.0)
You may also want to review my tutorial: https://s2virtualrealty.blogspot.co...or-basic-2.html

I see. :/ let me guess. The reason one-step stairs mod not exists because there is no sim animation of other foor step from stairs to ground, right? Can I build 3-step foundation? What mod I have to use if I can?

Mad Poster
#65 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 2:30 PM
3-step stairs are fine. Large dogs may still need Simler90's mod, I'm not sure?

and Vintage Stuffeths
Mad Poster
#66 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 2:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor

... I cleaned it from custom content and now it is NO CC building...
I just saw this, @Victor_tor - that won't work!
It is a 1-step property. It must have HL's simple passage stairs. AND, also, you must have Numenor's wall #90 in your game.
Didn't you read the text I wrote?

It is also a "corner" property - the front door is situated the wrong way... Both the front door and the driveway should be facing roads.

I also don't think this one will survive another Lot-expanding... it has been expanded and shrunk at least twice already - and with the no-slope basement, I think you are asking for trouble if you try one more time.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#67 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 3:58 PM
Quote:
Didn't you read the text I wrote?

Yes I did and not all the links from those thread were necessary. For example
you mentioned A Little Greyer roof trim in description. But it is brown. So I decided to skip all the next because the text was obviously copypasted hence not trustful

Mad Poster
#68 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 4:19 PM
*sigh* Not the cut/paste stuff about "Standard mods I use that are not necessary nor included"...
The important stuff above all that - about what is needed.

and Vintage Stuffeths
Theorist
Original Poster
#69 Old 22nd Aug 2022 at 5:37 PM
I read from the end to beginning. Now I see. I have to start reading your threads from the middle. Then up, then probably... down?

Theorist
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Aug 2022 at 10:14 PM

Good morning! As @Frodo1990 requested, I share here a copy of WIP neighborhood in attachements. In case I will abandon this project or something can be wrong with me. Feel free to explore it and play. I don't mind it.
If you want to be useful to this neighborhood project, then currently there are two scripts:

1. I don't know what to do with ruins. Feel free to remove it and place another building you find suitable for this place.
Remember since this is water coast, this might be something related to water. I created ruins here like something which might have been destruyed by flood and sand breeze. But that's not the right place for it. The building which is connected to water nearby, sand terrain and also British theme is recommended!

2. Those white twin houses in attached picture are London Belgravia rowhouses by Oliverstrahle. I placed it there and I really love how they suits in size. The middle house should be duplicaded along the street many times and then the right ending house should be created which unfortunately Oliver did not built. He built just the right ending. Some of those houses should be furnished, some could be left unfurnished. Oliver provided in his London Belgravia thread a very particular sheme which room and for what, so furnishing is highly recommended to follow it. I repeat the common rules: no music boxes, no fire or burglar alarms, no PCs and no console games. But the phone should be in.

Please share me the fruits of your labour here or in PM if you want me to apply it to complete version. For any other reason, feel free to do whatever you want with this neighborhood. Please don't reshare and don't claim as your own.
Lots used are by CatherineTCJD, Cobaltsunflowers, Oliverstrahle, Pythia, PopeBarley, Queen_of_france and Cookinmama07. Map and nature park are by Angellasimmer. The rest are by me. All lots are available here, at MTS. All packs and stuffs are required. No custom content is necessary, and hopefully never will. Please don't steal because that's not only my work, it's also theirs. I don't want to make anyone of them upset.

Regards Vic
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: rar  N3L1 24-08-22.rar (50.05 MB, 3 downloads)

Lab Assistant
#71 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 3:42 AM
Hi! First of all i love the concept and i love the houses ( specially the rowhouses ) Can i rework some lots like the factories by the lake? ( level 0 factory, etc...) Feel free to reject them if you dont like them though.
Also some ideas for new lots: -A factory with sewing machines,
-a entertainment place for workers after work,
-a social club for workers and another for the socialite,
-A brothel??????
-A cemetery and a small church
-Fire station
-
Also i think that you can rework some lots like the goth manor by the marshes and make it more similar to "Simdringham House" ( i imagine the goths as a ancestral family of the land ) but with marshes and at a hill.
A last thing, can you please teach me how to make that CFE roofs like the ones in Simdringham House?
Greetings
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 6:32 AM
Default Some factories, level 0 to level 2
This factories are good enough for your neighborhood? Its a bit tedious to do all the factories from level 0 to level 10 and its specially difficult to make them different but its a nice challenge
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#73 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 6:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
Hi! First of all i love the concept and i love the houses ( specially the rowhouses ) Can i rework some lots like the factories by the lake? ( level 0 factory, etc...) Feel free to reject them if you dont like them though.

I can describe the concept of Factories gameplay. Those houses SHOULD be developed. Their ugliness is inherited from factory work took place one day in The Sims Online (better known as FreeSO to modern players). There was the first interactive job that took place in the Sims which funtioned very similar to The Sims 3 detective and firefighters and The Sims 4 scientist ant doc. This something nostalgic
Also some ideas for new lots: -A factory with sewing machines,
-a entertainment place for workers after work,
-a social club for workers and another for the socialite,
-A brothel??????
-A cemetery and a small church
-Fire station

- Sewing factory sounds nice. Ifound one here at Mts but it has a lot if CC
- Cocial club is also great. Simsample suggested the gambling house on the water surface. I did not found a time to build it still. But. There might be something which could be placed insted of ruins! Why not? You could do 2x3 rowhouses line with many lots on that. So there could be social club, brothel and pub in one place. Another high street, but for socialite... Sonething alike.
-king's gardens are expected as cemetery. But feel free to replace it with same size lot of yours. Sincethis is lot bin creation, I will rather preoritise custom created because of... customisation of this borough.
-fire station exists on the left hill called sunrise hill. It carries name Fire Brigade.
Also i think that you can rework some lots like the goth manor by the marshes and make it more similar to "Simdringham House" ( i imagine the goths as a ancestral family of the land ) but with marshes and at a hill.
A last thing, can you please teach me how to make that CFE roofs like the ones in Simdringham House?

Oooooh! This roof creation is a long winding road! I can describe the creating process of one gable. But multiple gables on different levels will definitely need separate tutorial.

Just to make you clear. In victorian times socialite has been minimised. Themost population was working class and the beauty of rooms was kinda ostentatious. The most rooms were sparse in furnishing, houses were dirty.
Brothels were existed as something which contains double bed. Very few workers could afford the double bed, so they could sleep in brothel LoL. People were tired by work, as there were many, so they had no interest in sex actually. That was a forbidden fruit only elite people could afford.
Keep it in mind just in case.

Lab Assistant
#74 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 9:57 PM
Default Cemetery
I tried to do a cemetery but i dont like a lot the final result ;-;, can you give me some advice or insight of how to improve it or better it? Remember that its a mere lot suggestion,
so feel free to reject it if its not good enough
Screenshots
Theorist
Original Poster
#75 Old 25th Aug 2022 at 11:09 PM Last edited by Victor_tor : 26th Aug 2022 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Links added
Noo that's awesome! Go ahead!

First googled article: Victorian cemeteries (aka rural or garden cemeteries) have rolling grounds, numerous trees, pathways, and elaborate grave markers. Without the gravestones, you might think they were parks, botanical gardens, or arboretums. In a way, they're all three.
Independent.co.ua says: From 1832 or 1841, cemeteries were constructed around London to cope with the growing problem of the burial of the dead. Cremation was rare and seen as unacceptable, and existing graveyards were overflowing, with coffins often stacked up. (Though I already deviate here because I have cremation center near the Industrial assembly. As this can't built in other way because each tombstone miraclously turns into urn inside the room u'know)
Graveyards offered a sacred space for bereaved families to reflect on their losses. This encounter between the living and the dead provides one of the most famous scenes in Victorian literature, when young orphan Pip visits the graves of his family in the opening pages of Charles Dickens’s Great Expectations (1861).
So I guess it was not only a place to mourn but something scary.

The catacombs were common. Laid out with a central corridor and four side corridors off each side, the underground structure is roughly square in shape. In the very centre of the main corridor was a hydraulic lift that would lower coffins from the chapel above to the vaults down below according to ianvisits.co.ukThe end of each side corridor is an air vent and along the corridors are “rooms” mostly with stone shelving on which the coffins are placed. Each person or family would pay for a space on the shelving, and if you were particularly rich, you might buy an entire shelf and have your own doors placed on front, or buy a whole “room” for yourself. There was a staircase that leads down from the Chapel above. (So those Sims 3 graveyard masoleums sims can explore are fair and absolutely Victorian feature)

To prepare your graveyard and having more freedom in forms you could add next mods to your downloads folder:

Shiftable everything by Lamare
and hers Semi shiftable windows and doors - for creating an circled endings with raised arches placed into your arcades for example.
buyable tombstones - which might have require moveobjects cheat for delete it. And may not be wiped after you remove mod from Downloads folder. Something sharing friendly. The source

Page 3 of 8