Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 256 times.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 7:21 PM
Default Sims disappear when exporting a city.
I must say right away that English is not my language.
I used to often create worlds with families, but this time I can't. I do everything as required and see the populated sims in CAW. But when exporting a city, there are no families in the game. Perhaps I have forgotten something, because 2.5 years have passed since the last creation of the city with families.
The only change is in the city, the weather from another city has been added to it. Additionally, there is no CC, only what is in the game itself. I reinstalled everything. I took the mods for settling the sims from the official resource. Game and CAW for 1.67.
Please help me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to have a nervous breakdown soon! 2 weeks trying to find a solution. I read the forum, I did not find the answer. Perhaps due to poor knowledge of the language, I did not see a suitable solution. If you already have a solution, then please send links !!!
Advertisement
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#2 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 9:00 PM
Did you use this method?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ting_CAW_Worlds

If not, could you perhaps tell us what steps you took before you exported your world?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 8th Mar 2021 at 9:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Did you use this method?
https://modthesims.info/wiki.php?ti...ting_CAW_Worlds

If not, could you perhaps tell us what steps you took before you exported your world?


1. Creation of the city
2. Creation of parcels
3. Creating families
4. Keeping lots and families in the library
5. Launch the game to add lots and families to the city.
6. In the game editor:
- installation of plots
- creating an active sim to populate the city, code MakeSim
- resettlement of families through Porter to plots
- clear all motives and desires of residents, code RestartMotives
- save the city
- go to the CAW editor
- save the city to CAW
- export city

Programs:
• Nraas MasterController
• Nrass Porter
• Nraas DebugEnabler
The Camera Eye
retired moderator
#4 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 12:28 PM
That sounds as though you did exactly as in the tutorial I linked. How many sims did you make?
I haven't tried this method in years, perhaps someone with more recent experience can post here with ideas.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 5:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
That sounds as though you did exactly as in the tutorial I linked. How many sims did you make?
I haven't tried this method in years, perhaps someone with more recent experience can post here with ideas.


I tried to populate 1 family, and 13 - the result is the same, they are not in the game. That is, I installed 13 families in a place and 1 separately. Upgraded Sims and brand new ones from creating families. They are in the city editor, but not in the exported city. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me!
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 3rd Apr 2021 at 8:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bast
I tried to populate 1 family, and 13 - the result is the same, they are not in the game. That is, I installed 13 families in a place and 1 separately. Upgraded Sims and brand new ones from creating families. They are in the city editor, but not in the exported city. Anyway, thanks for trying to help me!

Question, do you perhaps have a version if the city already installed that you were doing world editing in, and maybe it is not recognizing the install?
I would save the populated city with a distinct name, start a new folder for the Sims 3, installed only this world, clear cache, and then load game.
Back to top