Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

[0426 UPDATED BUG FIX] ARKHELIOS - A murder mystery and sci-fi scripted hood by redandvidya and nappe

by redandvidya Posted 23rd Mar 2021 at 9:33 PM - Updated 27th Apr 2021 at 8:18 AM by redandvidya

49 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Scholar
THANKS POST
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 9:46 PM
Looks awesome!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 10:29 PM
Okay this looks phenomenal. Looking forward to playing this!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#4 Old 23rd Mar 2021 at 10:39 PM
I am THRILLED to see that ARKHELIOS has arrived here at MTS! This was a joy to help play test. This final version has just been placed in my game . Thank you for the time, thought, and work put into this little community. Definitely different and the perfect cuppa tea for those of us who enjoy both Sci-fi and a good mystery.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator THANKS POST
#5 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:41 AM
Ooh, I've seen this earlier on Tumblr and already downloaded it there, lol. I haven't had the time to play in this neighborhood yet (I'm kinda busy these days, lol), but I'm very looking forward to playing the scripted events in this neighborhood. It looks beautiful! I love desert themed neighborhoods! :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#6 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:28 AM
I'm having trouble with the game crashing after loading the Fontana household. Any ideas?
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by LauriMizutani
I'm having trouble with the game crashing after loading the Fontana household. Any ideas?

Remove your folder with mods.I played in all households without mods and there were no crashes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:47 AM
The city is wonderful! It's so much fun to play in! Thanks to the creators. You have done a great job. Well done!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#9 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 12:29 PM
I have downloaded your neighbourhood and I will play it as soon as I have some spare time! I really enjoy desert towns, this is giving me Arizona/Nevada vibes with the paranormal elements. I'm gonna give you some better feedback once I have played it! Meanwhile, congratulations for your dedication and effort.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 6:15 PM
This is an awesome hood! I'm really enjoying finding the clues.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:23 PM
I LOVE murder investigation stories and puzzle solving, can't wait to play this neighborhood!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#12 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 7:30 PM
This looks absolutely awesome! I'm excited to get this installed and give it a go! Been a while since I booted up TS2 .
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#13 Old 24th Mar 2021 at 10:51 PM
I begin to have many neighborhoods to play and do hundreds of generations xD! Thank you very much! It looks amazing and the characters seem so funny. Downloading.
Test Subject
#14 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 3:23 AM
Question [AND SPOILER]

Can we add stuff in buy mode? I noticed...a door missing
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#15 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:31 AM
I downloaded your new version of this neighborhood and I must say it's fascinating. I'm going through all the families and their backgrounds and memories. Quite impressive to see such a complicated interconnected mystery, and sometime I'm going to actually play this game! Good job!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#16 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 11:55 AM
Hello all! Quick announcement, I just noticed that the version that was ORIGINALLY uploaded to MTS is a slightly older version with the sadly prevalent broken name bug. This has been fixed and corrected. Please redownload the file, and I hope you guys enjoy Arkhelios! Thank you for all the love and support <3
Test Subject
#17 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 1:48 AM
I think the scripted events aren't working for me
Test Subject
#18 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 7:35 AM
Hi! I'm having a problem and I don't know if it can be fixed, but I play my game in Brazilian Portuguese and ALL the names have been translated and nothing makes sense. Is there a way to fix it?
Forum Resident
#19 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 6:34 AM Last edited by teafortwo : 30th Mar 2021 at 10:28 PM. Reason: I am old and slow
Default Problem With A Residential Lot
Oh no! Moving troubles. As time has gone by Sims have moved in and out of homes. Sims who have either graduated or dropped out of University have moved back home. A few Sims have moved out either into a new home or a shared home. And then there was an odd problem with Darcy Mishra, Adam Bellamy and thier infant daughter. They attempted to move into the Helios lot (Jealousy is a Disease). Cain has passed on, his daughter, her partner and twin children moved to a home in another town. The vacated Helios home was renovated specifically for Darcy and Adam. So, they moved out of the apartment and into thier new home. For some reason, although they had moved in, the lot remained in build mode making it and the family unplayable. So, I moved them out and into another recently renovated home. No problem. At the same time Narcissa Soileh moved out of her apartment and into the Fontana lot with no problem.

I'm thinking that the problem lies with the previously occupied Helios residence despite the fact that the Lot Inspector found there to (possibly) be nothing amiss. Decided to leave it vacant.

LATER: Attempted to add a new household to the community by moving them into the vacant Helios lot. Same thing happened. Map shows them living there, however, the lot remains vacant of Sims and in build mode. So, it is the lot (in my game) and not the Sims.

UPDATE 3/30/21 IMPORTANT LESSON: It was suggested that the mail box and trash bin may have been missing. These were present. However, the trash bin was at one side of the home and the mail box sat away from the curb. Moved both to the curb which allowed a family to complete the move in. Because many of us refurbish vacated lots this it is good to keep in mind that placement (location) of these objects can matter.
Test Subject
#20 Old 30th Mar 2021 at 10:13 AM
Quote: Originally posted by teafortwo
Oh no! Moving troubles. As time has gone by Sims have moved in and out of homes. Sims who have either graduated or dropped out of University have moved back home. A few Sims have moved out either into a new home or a shared home. And then there was an odd problem with Darcy Mishra, Adam Bellamy and thier infant daughter. They attempted to move into the Helios lot (Jealousy is a Disease). Cain has passed on, his daughter, her partner and twin children moved to a home in another town. The vacated Helios home was renovated specifically for Darcy and Adam. So, they moved out of the apartment and into thier new home. For some reason, although they had moved in, the lot remained in build mode making it and the family unplayable. So, I moved them out and into another recently renovated home. No problem. At the same time Narcissa Soileh moved out of her apartment and into the Fontana lot with no problem.

I'm thinking that the problem lies with the previously occupied Helios residence despite the fact that the Lot Inspector found there to (possibly) be nothing amiss. Decided to leave it vacant.

LATER: Attempted to add a new household to the community by moving them into the vacant Helios lot. Same thing happened. Map shows them living there, however, the lot remains vacant of Sims and in build mode. So, it is the lot (in my game) and not the Sims.

Has the Helios lot lost its mailbox or rubbish bin somehow? If I remember rightly, if one or both of those are missing, it can't enter live mode. At least that's the issue I had on a different neighbourhood recently.
Field Researcher
#21 Old 31st Mar 2021 at 3:02 PM
I was wondering if someone could message me with the scripted events that are meant to happen as unfortunately despite taking out both story progression and ACR it looks like the lots have indeed reset and the lined up actions not taking place. I have a lot of other mods still so that makes sense, but I've played a few households now so don't really want to remove them all and start again.
I do still see the pop-ups with the prompts so that's good, but just want to know what i'm missing from lined-up events so I can at least do them myself?

I'm loving snooping through everything in each family and all the fun details so far!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#22 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 3:38 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sillysoraya
I was wondering if someone could message me with the scripted events that are meant to happen as unfortunately despite taking out both story progression and ACR it looks like the lots have indeed reset and the lined up actions not taking place. I have a lot of other mods still so that makes sense, but I've played a few households now so don't really want to remove them all and start again.
I do still see the pop-ups with the prompts so that's good, but just want to know what i'm missing from lined-up events so I can at least do them myself?

I'm loving snooping through everything in each family and all the fun details so far!!

Honestly if the scripted events don't work for you just let the game run it's course. You may miss SOME stuff but generally all the stuff could happen through free will. For example, people at the Fontana lot will still probably fight, same for the Durants... You can still get Kaeileen to attempt to kiss Zane and it'll still fail. Just enjoy playing the hood :>
Field Researcher
#23 Old 2nd Apr 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by redandvidya
Honestly if the scripted events don't work for you just let the game run it's course. You may miss SOME stuff but generally all the stuff could happen through free will. For example, people at the Fontana lot will still probably fight, same for the Durants... You can still get Kaeileen to attempt to kiss Zane and it'll still fail. Just enjoy playing the hood :>

Thanks for the reply! In the end I just removed my downloads folder until I'd played each household for a day then added them back in after Loved it, thanks for all the hard work and creativity put into it! There needs to be more hoods with custom scripts/queued actions
Test Subject
#24 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 2:40 PM
I want to play, but in my Russian language game half of sims names translate into Russian. I don't remember what to do with this, in SimPE maybe
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#25 Old 13th Apr 2021 at 7:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by I_am_dead
I want to play, but in my Russian language game half of sims names translate into Russian. I don't remember what to do with this, in SimPE maybe

Idk that should've been fixed, the version I updated this to SHOULD have all the names normally- I have no idea what's going on in your game, apologies
Page 1 of 2