Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 29th Mar 2021 at 6:59 PM
Default Big Dog reference meshes with bones/joints for Pets EP, please?
Hi all!
I am having the hardest time trying to make CC for dogs, because I can't seem to extract the dog's body parts with the bones/joints intact, so that I can use them as reference meshes in the Mesh Toolkit.

Exporting the .geoms in S3OC/S3PE leads to Milkshape replacing the dog bones with human ones for whatever reason (as described here: https://modthesims.info/t/495927), and exporting the .wsos in TSRW led to all kinds of unholiness when I tried using it as a reference--think of a demonic pretzel.

The only other reference meshes for dogs that I know of are the .objs Nysha shared here (which obvs have no bones): https://modthesims.info/t/411795

I don't know what else to do, other than manually assigning the bones myself. And I really....really....REALLY don't want to do that.

Does anyone have any other (better) ideas?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 14th Apr 2021 at 1:09 PM
Could something be done with the dog posing rigs? This stuff's way out of my depth but at least they have bones.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 10th May 2021 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheTripWasInfragreen
Could something be done with the dog posing rigs? This stuff's way out of my depth but at least they have bones.

I haven't grasped the mysteries of rigs and Blender yet, but thank you! At least it's something.
Instructor
#4 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:43 PM
Hey there Murfee! Have you chatted with Mspoodle? She's made pet stuff. And yes the export from TSRW to something milkspit can handle makes an unholy mess of the bone assignments. The tiny bit I've done working with them is best to actually do the bones in blender, which I only just learned you can do thanks to SmugTomato. In any case I feel your pain... if you recall the possessed bridles I was messing with? And I was just editing an existing mesh! Also, raymondequestriancentre on tumblr is still making tack for horses. I've never approached them with questions, but maybe they could give some pointers?

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2021 at 4:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by k2m1too
The tiny bit I've done working with them is best to actually do the bones in blender, which I only just learned you can do thanks to SmugTomato. In any case I feel your pain... if you recall the possessed bridles I was messing with? And I was just editing an existing mesh!

I remember your carousel project! It looked suuuuper complicated, and I suck at Blender. *sigh* I'll just have to bite the bullet and assign the bones manually. Ick.
Instructor
#6 Old 12th May 2021 at 6:45 PM
The issue that I was running into with the bridles was related to the fact that the vertices aren't numbered like they are for clothing, at least not that I could tell with my inexpert eye. I think that MeshToolkit kind of expects them to be numbered, which is why it goes a bit awry with the pet accessories. I don't really know for sure as I'm struggling to learn this stuff myself. I poked on your thread to see if hopefully someone else had ideas for my own reference too!

Duh and/or Hello!
(simblr)