Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Weddings for inactives (new interaction)

by FloTheory Posted 17th Apr 2021 at 7:21 PM - Updated 19th Dec 2022 at 3:12 PM by FloTheory

31 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 21 Feedback Posts, 9 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#2 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 7:30 PM
omggg this mod is gonna save my life! i always hated how we can never witness inactive sims' weddings
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#3 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 9:11 PM
This looks so adorable, you're on fire these days Flo!
Instructor
Original Poster
#4 Old 17th Apr 2021 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MissPat
This looks so adorable, you're on fire these days Flo!

thank you all for the support !
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#5 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 2:01 PM
Thanks for creating this! :D
Test Subject
#6 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 4:18 PM Last edited by mbottle : 18th Apr 2021 at 4:32 PM.
So I am sure I am doing something wrong, but I can not get this to work. The interaction doesn't come up on interactive sims for me. I've tested in a few different worlds, and it just never comes up. No script errors are thrown or anything like that, the interaction just isn't visible. Are there parameters like type of lot they need to be on, relationship level, age restrictions (such as adults can only suggest to adults) that I am missing?

This is a wonderful truly exciting idea and I hope I can get it to work.

*Edited to add bc I am sure I will miss you when you respond, I deleted my caches and all that jazz, and I ran dashboard for potential conflicts and there were done, but I know dashboard doesn't catch everything.

Thanks again for this and thanks in advance for your help!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#7 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 8:19 PM
Amazing mod a must have now I understand why none of my sims are married and there is no weddings by their own ( why EA).I really hope to see more weddings.
Instructor
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 10:09 PM
Hi mbottle! Are you clicking on a sim who is engaged (so has a fiancee)? And looking in friendly social interaction? There are no other restrictions, young adults to elders can ask any engaged young adults to elders

Let me know if it is still not showing up, and take pictures if you see the wedding ^^
Test Subject
#9 Old 18th Apr 2021 at 10:27 PM Last edited by mbottle : 18th Apr 2021 at 10:46 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by FloTheory
Hi mbottle! Are you clicking on a sim who is engaged (so has a fiancee)? And looking in friendly social interaction? There are no other restrictions, young adults to elders can ask any engaged young adults to elders

Let me know if it is still not showing up, and take pictures if you see the wedding ^^

Hiya!

Yeah, I am clicking on engaged sims and then nothing comes up under friendly. I tried everything I can think of, and I checked under the other interaction categories and nothing comes up. Does it maybe conflict with MOAR interactions or something? Or, do the interactive sims have to have a certain relationship level (meaning do they have to not only be engaged but be at the point where they find each other "extremely irresistable" and such)? So what I have tried in testing is changing a sims relationship via NRASS to engaged, so maybe that is it?

Sorry I can't pin-point this for you, but let me know if you have ideas or if this is just me lol.
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 8:06 AM
Hey!

I checked again in a brand new save and also in my code.
Here are the only restrictions :

- The sim you click on must not be part of your household
- You can't be in a romantic relationship with this sim,
- The sim must be engaged with another sim and must be young adult or above.

And it's greyed for celebrities you cannot interact with.
Since it's a script mod it should not conflict with other mods.

I also did like you for testing, I changed a sim's relationship to engaged with Nrass. Maybe your sim is romantically involved with that sim?
Screenshots
Test Subject
#11 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 4:29 PM
Hi there,

Yeah, I've tried all those things and my sim has never been in a relationship with another sim. The interaction isn't greyed out for me, it just doesn't show up at all. Not sure what is going on. I will keep trying, and if I get it to work, I will report back. This is such a cute idea and I have a sim who is an event planner, so I would like to get this to work if possible. Will post again if I am able to get it to work. Thanks!
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 5:20 PM
Hi again,

I just removed all my mod folder except Master Controller for testing, I also removed all expantion packs and I still have the friendly interaction "Say Yes" showing up in a brand new save.
Did you unzip the package? Did you let the game unposed for a few seconds so that the mod has time to load? Maybe it is conflicting with something after all? I'd like to find out what's going on also and I'd like to know if at least one person has the interaction showing up in their game as well ^^'.
Test Subject
#13 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 5:50 PM
Hi there,

Yup, I did all those things. I tried taking out mods I thought might conflict, but it still didn't show up for me. I played in a brand new save in two different worlds (a custom workd and moonlight falls) and in both instances I played for two sim days and the interaction still didn't show up. I used base game sims from the bin as my testers in several instances, and then used one of the households from Moonlight falls in another. For some reason, it just doens't appear.

I have a ton of mods though, so this might be a me only issue lol. If it works for other people, it's probably some conflict that I have that others don't. Most of my mods are from this site though, so it seems like that shouldn't be the problem. But if I figure it out I will let you know. So sorry I can't give you more info/slash figure out the issue.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#14 Old 19th Apr 2021 at 9:00 PM
Thank you so much for this mod. It adds realism to the game!
Inventor
#15 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 3:45 AM
Oh, this is wonderful. I wish I had it long ago.

Does it work with a wedding arch if there is one on the lot?

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 8:49 AM
Hi echoweaver,
It doesn't use the wedding arch nor the wedding cake in this basegame version.

I plan on making a Generation version that will use the wedding arch and the wedding cake.
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator THANKS POST
#17 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 4:52 PM
Ohh I JUST noticed this! This is looking awesome! Will try it out when I can
Test Subject
#18 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 12:16 AM
Hi figured it out! I needed to save my game and go back in order for the interaction to appear. Meaning that like some mods(ultimate careers is one that comes to mind for example), it will not appear until after you save and re-enter the game. I don't know if this will be true for everyone, but that worked for me. I had only tested in new games and had not saved before testing the interaction. To be super clear, it didn't work after just saving, it worked after the second re-load of the save game. Hopefully that makes sense. Excited to use it in my game.
Instructor
Original Poster
#19 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 9:43 AM
Thank you for the good news! What you discovered is very good to know. Enjoy the wedding
Inventor
#20 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 9:23 PM
Hi echoweaver,
It doesn't use the wedding arch nor the wedding cake in this basegame version.

I plan on making a Generation version that will use the wedding arch and the wedding cake.

Fair enough! The basegame is great. A Generations version would have me over the moon. This is so in line with my play style. I've had to add NPCs temporarily to my household just to attend their wedding.

Echo Weaver's Simblr: http://echoweaver.tumblr.com/
A portrait in stubbornness - Playing the same legacy since 2009
Sample a Brave Legacy: http://sims3sample.illation.net
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#21 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:12 AM
Imagine if you had a version that allowed for the wedding to fail xD Can't wait to try this :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#22 Old 18th May 2021 at 5:40 PM
Thanks for the mod! At first, the mod did not work for me either - it was absent. Earned after saving the game and re-entering the game.
Question. If Sims live in different houses, they don't move together. Are you planning to make one Sim move to another? Is that possible?
Instructor
Original Poster
#23 Old 18th May 2021 at 8:52 PM
Hi Bast, thanks for your comment! I use nrass Story Progression and sims do move together if they want to with this mod. Don't know if that helps!
Field Researcher
#24 Old 18th May 2021 at 9:08 PM
Hi Bast, thanks for your comment! I use nrass Story Progression and sims do move together if they want to with this mod. Don't know if that helps!

Thanks for the advice. But I am not playing with nrass Story Progression.
Test Subject
#25 Old 19th Jul 2021 at 12:57 AM
I am extremely excited to try this in my game! I have most of the NRAAS mods and have just received a notification that my YA son has become engaged. I know I'll miss his 'wedding' normally, so I'm throwing a party and will get him to marry in my garden. Yay!!
Page 1 of 2