Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 2:52 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Trying to resolve a conflict between two mods
So I've recently installed the Awesome Mod http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php so that I no longer have to deal with pudding faced townies and NPCs in my game. However I have noticed two problems caused by this mod, one problem affects the default game behaviour, while the other conflicts with NRaas' Master Controller.

The first problem is that there have been almost no cars spawning on community parking lots. In fact I don't actually recall any cars spawning on community parking lots since I installed the mod. This creates a problem for me because they are the only objects that I want my Sims to detonate. And my Sims need to detonate objects as part of fulfilling their wants.

The second problem is that the Awesome Mod makes it so I can no longer see the number positions in Create a Sim that tell you the values of the facial customisations. Pudding faced Sims (a.k.a. Sims with no facial customisations) typically have 0 points in everything.

I was hoping that someone could tell me what's causing this problem, and whether I can modify my settings to resolve these conflicts. I have attached both my Awesome Mod settings and a screenshot of Create a Sim so that others will have an easier time understanding and helping me with this issue.
Screenshots
Attached files:
File Type: zip  aweconf.zip (3.0 KB, 8 downloads)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by C.Syde65
The second problem is that the Awesome Mod makes it so I can no longer see the number positions in Create a Sim that tell you the values of the facial customisations. Pudding faced Sims (a.k.a. Sims with no facial customisations) typically have 0 points in everything.

AwesomeMod and MasterController each have their own mechanism for this and they can't both work at the same time.

On MC, try NRaas > MC > Settings > CAS > Override Custom Core Sliders > False. If that doesn't fix things, try Settings > CAS > Show Numeric Slider > False to see if that forces the AwesomeMod version of the numeric displays to appear.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 5:57 AM
What about the vehicles not spawning at community parking lots?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 1:27 PM
What about the vehicles not spawning at community parking lots?

Is that meant to be directed at me? I don't provide support for AwesomeMod, haven't used it myself in around eight or nine years now for various reasons, and do not recall what its influence is on unowned (?) vehicles spawning or where inactive residents park theirs. I will say that quite a lot of what it does is not adjustable or reachable through its configuration options.

I also want my fellow residents and homeless NPCs to be more interesting genetically, and use NRaas StoryProgression to accomplish that. But I think we've been over this before and you do not care for that solution because of the rest of what SP does.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 11:12 PM
Yeah, I don't care for that solution. Because of the other things that it does that I don't want that are bound to screw up my game.

Any idea what changes I may need to make to the Awesome Mod settings so that they don't conflict with NRaas' Master Controller mod? I would rather disable the Awesome Mod settings than the Master Controller settings, because I'm happy with the way certain things work with Master Controller.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 12:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
Is awesome mod still being updated? I thought it was obsolete.

Awesome mod has a lot of these really nice little features that you wish are in individual mods. But overall, I stopped using awesome mod as well because it has too much other functions I don't want and it lags the game.

AwesomeMod is not obsolete, not sure where that came from. Pescado is still around, but I don't think he puts any energy into adding more features to it anymore and he's probably pretty much finished with bug release fixes by now. He did make it Patch 1.69/Origin compatible, as Core Mods need to be, when someone eventually provided him with the game files that he needed to make that happen. That wasn't really all that long ago.

I never found that it lags the game, if anything it's very helpful to performance in some ways, but it does have too many features that are just not optional or customizable and one huge one (that whole teen-older relationship thing) that is very annoying to those of us who want teen-older without the dreadful consequences.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 1:46 AM Last edited by C.Syde65 : 22nd Apr 2021 at 2:08 AM.
I haven't noticed any additional lag either. The load time was increased significantly after installing the mod. But thankfully that was just a one time occurrence, probably the game adjusting to the mod's presence while loading. Because after that, the load time went back to normal, and possibly even became shorter.

Edit: I just tried to get the AwesomeMod numeric values to appear. Neither of the suggestions worked for me.
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 4:19 AM
What happens if you load the game without MC entirely and the script cache cleared? Does AwesomeMod at least then display anything? (note that if you are using an ongoing game to test, MC is totally removable. AwesomeMod requires a removal procedure first, so it's not as easy to test this way)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 9:30 AM
I actually have removed AwesomeMod whenever I need to enter Create a Sim to save copies of my Sims. But I don't enter my ongoing save when removing it. I delete my script cache on a regular basis. I haven't tried removing MC entirely. I'll see what happens when I try it.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 10:40 AM
My AwesomeMod settings are the problem. As they have been set to increase the range of the facial sliders. And even without conflicting with NRaas' Master Controller, the facial slider numbers don't show. I have just disabled the increased facial slider ranges as I don't really need them. But even then, the numbers from NRaas' Master Controller for the facial sliders don't show.

Would it be possible to rename the AwesomeMod packages to have them be overridden by NRaas' Master Controller, instead of having them override Master Controller? Also I really do need to find a way to get cars to spawn at community parking lots frequently.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 12:13 PM
Would it be possible to rename the AwesomeMod packages to have them be overridden by NRaas' Master Controller, instead of having them override Master Controller?

AwesomeMod is a Core Mod. MasterController is a Script Mod. Renaming things or putting one in Overrides so it loads later and thus overwrites the other is not really a viable solution here, Core and Script Mods are two very different beasts even though they both use the package file format. But if you want to try, then the process would be to move MasterController and its add-ons that you use to Mods\Overrides.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#13 Old 22nd Apr 2021 at 11:04 PM
They are both excellent mods. I really wouldn't want to give either of them up. I want to try contacting Pescado at MATY but I forgot the name of my account or if I even had an account there. I remember having one there but I forgot my account name if I had one, and it is a nightmare trying to answer the last question they ask me, since they say that my answer makes me look like a spammer.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 1:37 PM
How am I meant to resolve this conflict if I don't remember my account details on MATY, or if I even had an account there? If it turns out that I have to make a new account or if I never had an account there to start with, it is going to be an absolute nightmare to register.

I really need to get this issue resolved.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 3:17 PM Last edited by igazor : 24th Apr 2021 at 3:45 PM.
Have you tested AwesomeMod without MC in play as I suggested to see if it works as we think it should on its own? If it doesn't, then we are solving the wrong problem here.

But if it does and the way in which Awesome displays slider info just doesn't work for you at all when MC is present, then I am afraid I would have to say that some problems simply do not have solutions. Awesome's core mod replacement for CAS elements is not expecting MC to be present and MC's scripted replacements for CAS elements (which is what you really want to work) are not expecting Awesome to be there.

By the way, even if you do manage to land on MATY's forum board to ask a question and put in a feature request, chances are you will be insulted, yelled at, and told to go away if anyone is still watching the fort over there. That has been their style of "helping" players new to the mod since inception and it takes some patience and fortitude to get past that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#16 Old 24th Apr 2021 at 11:20 PM
Yes. I thought I had already said that I had tested it without MC. It didn't help.

There simply has to be a solution to my problem. Since I don't have the patience to keep manually placing moving trucks on the parking lots so my Sims can detonate them. Because it means that I have to delete the parking lots and replace them. Since it doesn't let me place vehicles on parking lots where vehicles that I have manually placed there have already been detonated.

And seriously, if they don't want to assist people there, then that raises questions as to why they would even bother uploading mods there in the first place. People shouldn't upload mods if they aren't prepared to help users that have installed their mods.

I can live without the display slider info as I can just temporarily disable AwesomeMod when creating new Sims. But I can't live without vehicles spawning at parking lots so I can detonate them. Because that's my only supply of objects to detonate.

I'm not detonating other objects on residential or community lots, since most or all of those objects don't respawn on their own. And for those objects that do respawn after my Sims get fined, I can't guarantee that they will respawn, hence why I'm not prepared to detonate those objects. My Sims have the "No Bills Ever" reward, so they won't be able to cover the cost of the objects they detonate anyway.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 12:07 AM
And seriously, if they don't want to assist people there, then that raises questions as to why they would even bother uploading mods there in the first place. People shouldn't upload mods if they aren't prepared to help users that have installed their mods.

You should definitely find a way to register then and point this out to them. It will be the first time they have ever heard it.

I'm joking. Don't do that, it would be an utter waste of time because players have been saying that since 2009 and they don't care. Pescado is a modding genius and a self-described jerk, he likes it that way. Twallan, the founder of NRaas, actually started out with the very early versions of his mods at MATY (this was a little before my time with TS3 so am relying on memories of what other players have told me) and a bit later branched off with as you can see quite a different approach to player support.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
But the more accurate question is... "Why ARE you using awesome mod?"

The OP wants a genetics system that is more robust than EA's but doesn't come tied to a version of story progression like NRaas SP does. With AwesomeMod, the genetics and its version of progression (Story Mode) are separate options. A Core Mod can do that.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:32 AM
I use AwesomeMod for multiple reasons. The main reason being that I wanted the game to stop generating pudding faced Sims. But I have found other benefits. Such as Sims not needing to have a want locked in order to fulfill it. If I already have the maximum number of wants locked. And yes, non-active Sims would frequently park in those spaces. But ever since I installed AwesomeMod, they have stopped. If only I could fix that. I could cope with the other problem I have, if I could fix the issue with parking lots.

I do remember having an account at MATY, but I forgot the exact name of my account and the exact password. And when I try using my email to request a temporary password, it says that I don't have a registered account. It is a nightmare trying to register because of the "What is the airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?" question which won't accept my answer, as it thinks that I look like a spammer. Well I did copy the answer from somewhere because I didn't know the answer and wanted to get it over and done with.

Maybe if there was someone that was more familiar with AwesomeMod than myself, they might know if there are any settings that I have enabled that I should change or disable in order to fix the problem I'm having.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 1:37 AM
But I have found other benefits. Such as Sims not needing to have a want locked in order to fulfill it. If I already have the maximum number of wants locked.

NRaas Dreamer also does that. There are alternative script mod solutions available for much of what Awesome does. The separation of genetics and story progression is an exception, and there's a small number of other things that are just not available any other way such as no Berg Swarming (or whatever that feature is called).
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#22 Old 25th Apr 2021 at 11:51 AM
If you have genuine Awesomemod bugs, Pescado will usually attempt to fix them. You can see that here. You only get poked with a sharp stick if you don't RTFM, or have problems caused by conflicts with other mods.
Also, did you try the Awesomeconfig tool? It's clearly linked on the Awesomemod download page:
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...ic,15185.0.html
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/t...some/config.php
Lots of options there including allowing visitor parking and CAS slider ranges.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Apr 2021 at 9:51 AM
I don't see an option to enable/disable visitor parking on community lots, unless it requires a separate installment.
Instructor
#24 Old 27th Apr 2021 at 5:57 AM
Then it probably doesn't allow it and if there isn't a setting for it in that, there isn't one and Pescado certainly isn't going to add it. Unfortunately you will probably have to live with it or remove and find other more user friendly ways to solve your issues. Pretty much everything in NRasss mods is customizable especially in SP. Awesomemod is pretty much a take it as he made it and deal with it.
Page 1 of 2