Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Apr 2021 at 2:20 AM
What must I change to make things stay in inventory, like clay, f. cubes, tablets, instruments?
I can't find the information anywhere, the mods that do this are woefully outdated, and I'm tired of things being picked up, used, and left across the house. I would love to know the variable to replace.

I just want things to either be put down where they were picked up from, put back in inventory, or preferably both. Thanks much for any insight.

Edit: I have S4S and generally understand how to use it.
Edit 2: If there is simply a mod that makes a sim never leave things that were in their inventory outside of it, like when they are out on the town (except the pile of lost bikes I have at one lot out of build range) that would rock and simplify my life
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 1st May 2021 at 6:59 PM
Did you check the outdated mods that do this? That's the best place to look to see how it was done. Checking two of them on MTS, one altered a lot of interactions and other tuning to keep it in the inventory, the other only did the object tuning by adding this to the file:
Code:
  <U n="_components">
    <V n="carryable" t="enabled">
      <U n="enabled">
        <V n="put_down_tuning" t="reference">
          <L n="reference">
            <U>
              <T n="value">145512<!--putDownStrategy_Restricted_InventoryOnly--></T>
            </U>
          </L>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>

So it seems to possibly depend on the object, could also be creator preference, but I believe you should be able to get away with just adding that bit of code to the majority of objects. Also, to update outdated mods, download it, then read this tutorial for a general idea of how to update mods (the first tutorials for setup, etc. start on page 2 here).
For instruments, it's kept updated here on the memorial site for Scumbumbo now.

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd May 2021 at 11:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
Did you check the outdated mods that do this? That's the best place to look to see how it was done. Checking two of them on MTS, one altered a lot of interactions and other tuning to keep it in the inventory, the other only did the object tuning by adding this to the file:
Code:
  <U n="_components">
    <V n="carryable" t="enabled">
      <U n="enabled">
        <V n="put_down_tuning" t="reference">
          <L n="reference">
            <U>
              <T n="value">145512<!--putDownStrategy_Restricted_InventoryOnly--></T>
            </U>
          </L>
        </V>
      </U>
    </V>

So it seems to possibly depend on the object, could also be creator preference, but I believe you should be able to get away with just adding that bit of code to the majority of objects. Also, to update outdated mods, download it, then read this tutorial for a general idea of how to update mods (the first tutorials for setup, etc. start on page 2 here).
For instruments, it's kept updated here on the memorial site for Scumbumbo now.

I had not. By generally familiar with s4s I mean I could use it, following guides. Never made an original sims mod in my life. But I know where to start now, thanks much!