Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2021 at 1:32 AM Last edited by astrosimmer : 17th Sep 2021 at 4:20 AM.
Default *NEW* Zodiac Legacy Challenge
Sul sul! This is a legacy challenge in which each generation represents one of the western zodiac signs. So this will be a bit more challenging as you will need to get to 12 generations instead of 10.

Big thanks to the original poster of this challenge autumnalpixels ! As an astrologer, I just really wanted to flesh this challenge out a bit more and add my own twist to it! I also thought it could be a lot more fun with the addition of new packs like Realm of Magic, Eco Lifestyle, Paranormal Stuff, etc.

The original post starts with Aquarius but you’re free to start with whichever zodiac sign you like and go in order from there. I’ll be starting with Aries because we’re the best [ ].

This version of the challenge is also completely base-game friendly! I’ve added in many optional rules for those who do have expansion packs but they are not required to complete each generation.

Basic Rules:
You can start with any zodiac sign but must go in order from there (Aries, Taurus, Gemini, Cancer, Leo, Virgo, Libra, Scorpio, Sagittarius, Capricorn, Aquarius, Pisces) So for example, if you started with Leo the next gen would be Virgo and your last gen would be Cancer.
Your heirs can be any gender
You may use the freerealestate cheat to move the founder into any lot but you must start with $1200 and use no further cheats that give you an advantage (ie: money cheats or cheating needs or relationships)
Must play on normal lifespan
All rules that include expansion pack in () are optional

Enjoy!

*Zodiac descriptions are from this website *

Generation 1:Aries
Aries loves to be number one, so it’s no surprise that these audacious rams are the first sign of the zodiac. Bold and ambitious, Aries dives headfirst into even the most challenging situations.

Goals:
Must have the “hot-headed” trait
Get into 5 fights before reaching Adulthood
Reach level 10 of athlete career OR (Strangerville) Reach level 10 of the military career
Master the fitness skill
Have a child with a sim with the “romantic” trait
Die from becoming enraged

Generation 2: Taurus
Taurus is an earth sign represented by the bull. Like their celestial spirit animal, Taureans enjoy relaxing in serene, bucolic environments surrounded by soft sounds, soothing aromas, and succulent flavors.

Goals:
Must have the “foodie” and “loves outdoors” trait
Become a plant sim without cheating (doesn’t have to be permanent)
Marry a sim in the culinary career
Have twins (may have more children if you choose)
Complete the Freelance Botanist aspiration

Generation 3:Gemini
Have you ever been so busy that you wished you could clone yourself just to get everything done? That’s the Gemini experience in a nutshell. Appropriately symbolized by the celestial twins, this air sign was interested in so many pursuits that it had to double itself.

Goals:
**if you start with this generation, you must start with twins and pick one to be the founder**
Must have the “creative” trait
Complete the Renaissance Sim aspiration
Must be opposite from your twin (ie: style and traits)
(Parenthood) One twin must have the “emotional control” trait and the other have the “uncontrolled emotions” trait
Master the charisma skill
Throw each type of party at least once
Have at least one child

Generation 4:Cancer:
Cancer is a cardinal water sign. Represented by the crab, this crustacean seamlessly weaves between the sea and shore representing Cancer’s ability to exist in both emotional and material realms. Cancers are highly intuitive and their psychic abilities manifest in tangible spaces: For instance, Cancers can effortlessly pick up the energies in a room.

Goals:
Must have “family-oriented” trait
(Parenthood) achieve the “compassionate” reward trait
*If starting with this sign then one of your children must have this trait*
Have 5 children (at least one birthed and some or all of the rest can be adopted)
Never allow children to have a nanny or go to daycare
Master the cooking skill
Complete the Big Happy Family aspiration OR (Parenthood) Complete the Super Parent aspiration
(Seasons) All children must have a successful holiday for every holiday

Generation 5:Leo
Roll out the red carpet because Leo has arrived. Leo is represented by the lion and these spirited fire signs are the kings and queens of the celestial jungle. They’re delighted to embrace their royal status: Vivacious, theatrical, and passionate, Leos love to bask in the spotlight and celebrate themselves.

Goals:
Must have the “snob” trait OR (Get Famous) must have the “self-absorbed” trait
Reach level 10 of the entertainer career OR (Get Famous) reach level 10 of the actor/actress career
Complete the Friend of the World aspiration OR (Get Famous) Complete the “World Famous Celebrity” aspiration
Visit a club or lounge at least once a week
Buy the most expensive piano in game
(Cats and Dogs) Adopt or make in CAS an orange cat, the cat cannot run away
Have at least one child

Generation 6:Virgo
Virgo is an earth sign historically represented by the goddess of wheat and agriculture, an association that speaks to Virgo’s deep-rooted presence in the material world. Virgos are logical, practical, and systematic in their approach to life. This earth sign is a perfectionist at heart and isn’t afraid to improve skills through diligent and consistent practice.

Goals:
Must have the “perfectionist” trait
(Get to Work) Reach level 10 of the Doctor Career
Cannot woohoo until after getting married
Marry a sim in the criminal career AND/OR (Vampires) your sim may marry a Vampire
Must move the mother out of the house once married
If starting with Virgo, your sim must move out once the child marries
**Seasons** cannot see the mother at all during Winter
Complete your aspiration before becoming an elder
Have at least one child

Generation 7:Libra
Libra is an air sign represented by the scales (interestingly, the only inanimate object of the zodiac), an association that reflects Libra's fixation on balance and harmony. Libra is obsessed with symmetry and strives to create equilibrium in all areas of life

Goals:
Must have the “Romantic” trait
Complete the Serial Romantic aspiration
Complete Social Butterfly aspiration as a child (doesn’t apply if you start with this sign)
Reach level 10 of the Style Influencer career OR (University) Reach level 10 of the Law career
Get divorced at least once and remarry
Have at least one child

Generation 8: Scorpio
Scorpio is one of the most misunderstood signs of the zodiac. Because of its incredible passion and power, Scorpio is often mistaken for a fire sign. In fact, Scorpio is a water sign that derives its strength from the psychic, emotional realm.

Goals:
Must have the “gloomy” trait
Acquire the “observant” trait’’
Complete the Grilled Cheese aspiration
(Realm of Magic) become a Virtuoso rank spellcaster
(Paranormal Stuff) master the medium skill
Be revived once after becoming a ghost
Have a maximum of 2 children

Generation 9: Sagittarius
Represented by the archer, Sagittarians are always on a quest for knowledge. The last fire sign of the zodiac, Sagittarius launches its many pursuits like blazing arrows, chasing after geographical, intellectual, and spiritual adventures.

Goals:
Must have the “noncommittal” trait
Acquire the “mentor” trait
Join the Freelance Writer career OR (University) join of the Education career
Discover all of the game’s hidden worlds **for the packs you own**
Sylvan Glade
The Forgotten Grotto
The Deep Woods in The Sims 4: Outdoor Retreat
Planet Sixam in The Sims 4: Get to Work
Cave of Sulani in The Sims 4: Island Living

Have only one child
Leave your partner at the altar

Generation 10: Capricorn
The last earth sign of the zodiac, Capricorn is represented by the sea goat, a mythological creature with the body of a goat and the tail of a fish. Accordingly, Capricorns are skilled at navigating both the material and emotional realms.

Must have the “ambitious” trait
Complete the Fabulously Wealthy aspiration
Reach level 10 of the Business career OR (City Living) Reach level 10 of the politician career (Politician branch)
Only ever have one relationship and marry this person
Your spouse cannot have a job
Become best friends with your grandparent or grandchild
Have at least one child

Generation 11: Aquarius
Despite the “aqua” in its name, Aquarius is actually the last air sign of the zodiac. Aquarius is represented by the water bearer, the mystical healer who bestows water, or life, upon the land. Accordingly, Aquarius is the most humanitarian astrological sign.

Goals:
Must have the “erratic” trait AND/OR (Eco Lifestyle) Must have the “freegan” trait
Reach level 10 of the astronaut career OR (City Living) reach level 10 of the politician career (charity organize branch)
Complete the Friend of the World aspiration OR (Get Together) Complete the Leader of the Pack aspiration
Have a social event at least once a week OR (Get Together) have a club gathering at least once a week
Master the logic skill
Have 3 romantic interests at once
Be good friends with all romantic interests
Have at least one child and adopt at least one child

Generation 12: Pisces
Pisces, a water sign, is the last constellation of the zodiac. It's symbolized by two fish swimming in opposite directions, representing the constant division of Pisces' attention between fantasy and reality. As the final sign, Pisces has absorbed every lesson — the joys and the pain, the hopes and the fears — learned by all of the other signs.

Goals:
Must have the “kleptomaniac” trait AND/OR (Island Living) must have the “child of the ocean” trait
Complete the Angling Ace aspiration
(Island Paradise) Become a mermaid
Master the mixology skill AND/OR (Spa Day) master the wellness skill
Master any instrument skill (includes singing)
Go swimming every day
Have at least one child *unless this is the final generation*
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 30th May 2021 at 12:50 AM
I really like this, and all the requirements are spot-on for the sign. Going to alter Sagittarius slightly for my own purposes, since I don't care for the game's hidden worlds that much. My Sagi sim must always be enrolled in university, even if it's only for one course at a time.
Test Subject
#3 Old 31st May 2021 at 10:06 PM
Oooh this challenge looks great! Will be giving it a try Thanks!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NeriSimmer
Oooh this challenge looks great! Will be giving it a try Thanks!

Thanks! Let me know how you like it!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 4:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by othiym28
I really like this, and all the requirements are spot-on for the sign. Going to alter Sagittarius slightly for my own purposes, since I don't care for the game's hidden worlds that much. My Sagi sim must always be enrolled in university, even if it's only for one course at a time.

Thank you and I really like that idea for Sagittarius!