Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th Jun 2021 at 9:31 AM
Default How do I add Conversation Panel events?
*photo credit to pea_leaf on reddit*

I am getting into modding for the sims 4 and the main thing I'd like to do is create conversation events like when sims ask the sim you're playing a question. I have googled and googled to no avail on finding out how to do this. I have the sims 4 mod constructor and the sims 4 studio installed. Help would be greatly appreciated.
Screenshots
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 14th Jun 2021 at 11:47 PM
I don't know if Mod Constructor can make these, but these are called Drama Nodes. There are no tutorials on these but they are activated through loots and other means. I suggest grabbing XML Extractor and it's companion XML File Finder (same download), as well as the TDESC Browser to understand how to read tuning files, search DialogDramaNode or similar in File Finder, and then you can right-click to browse references to understand how files are connected. If you've never cloned files before, here is a tutorial covering the concept. There are other tutorials from people like Zer0 who cover basic gameplay mods (but nothing on drama nodes): https://withoutweight.wixsite.com/z...ims-4-tutorials

Creator Musings is a Sims 4 modder, poser/animator, and CC creator hangout server (though everyone is allowed) with a tutorial/resource directory, help channels, and mod/cc/sims 4 news channels!
My Discord | Twitter | Tumblr | Patreon
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 15th Jun 2021 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MizoreYukii
I don't know if Mod Constructor can make these, but these are called Drama Nodes. There are no tutorials on these but they are activated through loots and other means. I suggest grabbing XML Extractor and it's companion XML File Finder (same download), as well as the TDESC Browser to understand how to read tuning files, search DialogDramaNode or similar in File Finder, and then you can right-click to browse references to understand how files are connected. If you've never cloned files before, here is a tutorial covering the concept. There are other tutorials from people like Zer0 who cover basic gameplay mods (but nothing on drama nodes): https://withoutweight.wixsite.com/z...ims-4-tutorials

Thank you so much! This is the most helpful answer I've gotten (the only one that knew what to do tbh lol!)