Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sedona Deluxe - A Neighborhood Mashup Project - No CC/UC Required

by Hood Building Group Posted 18th Jun 2021 at 11:19 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2021 at 9:16 PM by Hood Building Group

28 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#2 Old 18th Jun 2021 at 11:31 PM
OMG!!! I love this so much! I have played the old Sedona in the past and I'm gonna download this right away! I love desert neighborhoods and this is probably gonna become my main playing hood Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
Mad Poster
#3 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:29 AM
Ooooo! It's up! YAY!!!! This looks so good - I can't wait to play it

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 12:41 AM
Perfect!
Oh
my
god
Thats insane. I really want to play with this neighborhood now. I really liked the Sedona with the mens. Can't wait to play this one. Thaks =D
Theorist
THANKS POST
#5 Old 19th Jun 2021 at 2:06 PM
This is interesting. Thank you
Regards. Vic
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator THANKS POST
#6 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 10:15 AM
Wow! Thanks for this! :D
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 10:00 PM
Nice builds! I always did like the original guys but it's my first time playing with all these new characters! I attached the subhood to Strangetown, and went to move in the Gauthiers. I picked their apartment, and Tank Grunt showed up as the neighbor???? That was already weird, but what was worse is that he started multiplying. I know about the apartment portal glitch, but I don't know how to fix it. Is it even fixable? I had a townie mod and that explains Tank's appearance...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#8 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 12:41 AM
Such a cool hood! Any plans for recreating Sims 2 console/Sims 3/Sims 3 console/Sims 4? Danie from tumblr (https://danies-simsational-blog.tumblr.com/) recreated Sunset Valley and was working on the university from Sims 3. Maybe a collab with her could be cool!
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 25th Jun 2021 at 9:50 PM
@cookietheinnocent
This is a common bug that can occur in apartment lots, have a look here.
I'd try running the Hood Checker first to see if that fixes broken instances (it might, since Tank Grunt has probably interacted with himself, lol). Then, try using the Batbox to fix "Bad Apartment Residences" if it shows up. Then, try moving the family out and in and see if that fixes the issue. If the bug still persists, then try to move out the family one more time, change the lot zoning to residential, save, and then change it back to an apartment. Then, move the family back in. Let me know if it works for you! I never had this issue before, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

@EnigmaOFFC The Sims 2 console neighborhoods have already been recreated by Chris Newbie, check them out here!. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but not all of the Hood Building Group members own TS3/TS4 and/or no longer participate in any neighborhood projects. In other words, Sedona Deluxe was pretty much the last neighborhood ever released by the Hood Building Group. I'm sorry! :/

But maybe, someone else can recreate those neighborhoods! I've recently seen someone recreating the Willow Creek lots on Tumblr, so maybe there's a new neighborhood recreation coming up?

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#10 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 9:17 PM
Just had to come here and say I am loving this! Alien babies, single mom, bachelors...I haven't played with everyone yet these are just at the top of my head just thanks for such a great experience.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#11 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:13 AM
Hi guys, thank you for this Neighborhood, im gonna give it a try, it looks like i have found another good one.

(for people who are using the white UI from greatcheescakepersona is not necessary to download Fix subhood selection by Mootilda, since the white UI mod includes it.)
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jawusa
@cookietheinnocent
This is a common bug that can occur in apartment lots, have a look here.
I'd try running the Hood Checker first to see if that fixes broken instances (it might, since Tank Grunt has probably interacted with himself, lol). Then, try using the Batbox to fix "Bad Apartment Residences" if it shows up. Then, try moving the family out and in and see if that fixes the issue. If the bug still persists, then try to move out the family one more time, change the lot zoning to residential, save, and then change it back to an apartment. Then, move the family back in. Let me know if it works for you! I never had this issue before, so I'm not quite sure what to do.

@EnigmaOFFC The Sims 2 console neighborhoods have already been recreated by Chris Newbie, check them out here!. I'm sorry to disappoint you, but not all of the Hood Building Group members own TS3/TS4 and/or no longer participate in any neighborhood projects. In other words, Sedona Deluxe was pretty much the last neighborhood ever released by the Hood Building Group. I'm sorry! :/

But maybe, someone else can recreate those neighborhoods! I've recently seen someone recreating the Willow Creek lots on Tumblr, so maybe there's a new neighborhood recreation coming up?

Your suggestion worked! Thaaaanks! I ran Hood Checker but it didn't pull up anything suspicious. I ended up moving them back in and using the Bad Apartment function on the batbox as soon as Tank spawned with one of his twins. Crystal Vu spawned this time and now she's the Gauthiers' neighbor. But then I still had the two Tanks running around so I just used Sim Blender to clear them both away (i hope that second one is permanently gone though lol)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#13 Old 1st Jul 2021 at 8:11 PM
Ok straight away the UFO crash site has intrigued me!
I don't suppose anyone knows if any of the dead sims in the neighbourhood have bios to check for more backstory?
Trainee Moderator
#14 Old 2nd Jul 2021 at 9:07 PM
Aww, thank you so for much for the comments everyone! I'm glad to hear you like the neighborhood! :lovestruc

@cookietheinnocent
Yayy, I'm glad to hear it fixed the issue! For some reason, playable sims sometimes get these apartment NPC resident tokens... which is weird? But well, at least it's gone now!

@sillysoraya
Well, there ARE a few secrets in this neighborhood to discover... so maybe, the dead sims can help you there a little?

Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#15 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:21 PM
I have played this neighborhood pretty extensively now. I am constantly noticing new details in the sims, homes, decorations, layouts. THANK YOU for this, the level of specifics in this neighborhood are mind blowing; so much hard work, and I appreciate it so much!
Test Subject
#16 Old 14th Jul 2021 at 2:06 AM Last edited by Fly666monkey : 14th Jul 2021 at 2:58 AM.
Anyone else crashing every time they try to load 77 Road to Andromeda? It's something with the lot itself, even after moving out the family it still crashes.

EDIT: Also tried reinstalling the hood, still crashes.

EDIT2: Welp, seems the hood got corrupted somehow, no idea how it happened. None of the families load for me now.
Theorist
#17 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 1:47 PM
I had sims to not to appear when arrive to roadless Crash Site. But that's fine when you walk to it.

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Jul 2021 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fly666monkey
Anyone else crashing every time they try to load 77 Road to Andromeda? It's something with the lot itself, even after moving out the family it still crashes.

EDIT: Also tried reinstalling the hood, still crashes.

EDIT2: Welp, seems the hood got corrupted somehow, no idea how it happened. None of the families load for me now.

Okay delete the hood folder and the NeighborhoodManager.package and redownload a new copy.

Make sure you have up-to-date WinRAR and or 7zip to unpack the game.
https://www.rarlab.com/download.htm
https://www.7-zip.org/
Make sure you have all EP's and SP's because it requires all to play this hood.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#19 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 4:18 AM
This is a nice neighborhood and I really would like to play, but I can only load two lots..... I've tried to re download but the same thing keeps happening. Does this happen to anyone else?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 3:38 AM
Looks so unbelievable pretty. I am going to use it.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 17th Sep 2021 at 2:46 AM Last edited by grammapat : 18th Sep 2021 at 12:02 AM.
SQUEEEE! I've played Sedona so many times; this is going to be great! Reading a prior post, I'm wondering if dead Sims are OK to resurrect?
gulp
I'm missing some SP's, but that should just cause some missing floors, etc (& it did). Could it somehow have wrecked the whole hood?
I had played every family OK, but when played Gauthier (2 women in apartment- which didn't have a toilet...hahha) they both started "jumping". Had very limited options to interact with another Sim, and would jump if cursor touched them. "Boolprop" showed error message "object has to be a person".
And now the other lots are doing the same thing!
I'm going to delete & reinstall the hood. I see you advised another person to also delete the NeighborhoodManager.package - it will re-generate?

ANOTHER question: about the graves and what the dead may know...so are they ok to resurrect? A Sim would have to take the tombstone home, and (with my buyable Grim phone) have to KNOW them to resurrect them...?

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Trainee Moderator
#22 Old 18th Sep 2021 at 10:26 AM
@grammapat
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
SQUEEEE! I've played Sedona so many times; this is going to be great! Reading a prior post, I'm wondering if dead Sims are OK to resurrect?
gulp
I'm missing some SP's, but that should just cause some missing floors, etc (& it did). Could it somehow have wrecked the whole hood?

You should be fine with the missing SPs. But M&G SP is required, though. Other than missing floors and walls, there shouldn't be any other issues. You can just make-over the lots to fix the missing floors and walls and it should be good to go!

I had played every family OK, but when played Gauthier (2 women in apartment- which didn't have a toilet...hahha) they both started "jumping". Had very limited options to interact with another Sim, and would jump if cursor touched them. "Boolprop" showed error message "object has to be a person".
And now the other lots are doing the same thing!
I'm going to delete & reinstall the hood. I see you advised another person to also delete the NeighborhoodManager.package - it will re-generate?

That's weird... have you tried moving them out of the apartment, enter that lot, make one change and then, move them back in? Also, does this only happen in Sedona or in other neighborhoods as well?
In some cases, this fixed buggy apartments. But yeah, you may delete the NeighborhoodManager.package, it'll regenerate a new one. Maybe that will fix the neighborhood?

ANOTHER question: about the graves and what the dead may know...so are they ok to resurrect? A Sim would have to take the tombstone home, and (with my buyable Grim phone) have to KNOW them to resurrect them...?

Yes, all of them are safely resurrectable. Though, as you said, the sim has to know the ghost in order to be able to resurrect them. I guess the best option would be to wait until the ghost spawns, then use testing cheats to right-click on him and choose "Make Sim My Contact". This is the only known way to meet the ghosts, lol. Then, they'll show up in the Grim phone.

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#23 Old 19th Sep 2021 at 3:46 AM Last edited by grammapat : 25th Sep 2021 at 7:52 PM.
Default jumping fixed but other issues
UPDATE; the "jumping" became game-wide - happened in all hoods! It's due to some CC; I'm still tracking down the specific problem. I do have M&G. Am also looking at 3 different mods to make the resurrection phone placeable & useable on community lots. One of these does NOT require the dead to be known to the caller.
-----
Bug was caused by a romance mod.
Gauthier apartment would have been a challenge to play..but I gave up trying to find room for a toilet! The other apartment also does not have a toilet. Deliberate? May is indeed a mystery; she came here to solve the disappearance of her cousin, and something about her husband. But she has no memories of either, nor anyone on family tree.

Trainee Moderator
#24 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 12:34 PM
@grammapat

I'm glad to hear that bug's fixed now! And well, May's cousin is actually...

My Simblr
Mad Poster
#25 Old 23rd Oct 2021 at 4:12 PM
Thanks for reply. I think there are mysteries we can discover by resurrecting some? dead..I haven't been able to do that.

Page 1 of 2