Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 1:36 AM
Default Cc skintone looks dark and shadows/highlights are weird on game dashboard
Looks like that

I took this skintone by Princess of Sims to Bodyshop, and made a project out of it. Then I took this blue alien skintone by Hazelpuff and opened it on Bodyshop. I cut the robot arm texture on to all of the blue alien skin texture files, and saved the blue toned skin textures to the Robot Arm project folder. So the mesh is intact, I took my sim to a shower and the robot arm was there as it should. The problem was still there, when I changed the sim's appearance in the mirror. The only problem is the weird inverted colours on the utilities dashboard. I only use Paint as my cutting/copy/paste tool, since I heard that using Gimp might cause problems to bumpmaps.

What can I do to make it work?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 5:49 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 22nd Jun 2021 at 6:09 AM.
Did you change the textures in Bodyshop or SimPE? I can't see how they would cause this problem unless Paint also has the same bug with file saving that Gimp does.

If you used one of PrincessSims' skins as a base, you shouldn't have to deal with bump maps, as those aren't usually part of skins, only clothes. Can't find one in the skin files, at least.

The problem could be with the clothes the sim is wearing, though (borked bump map or any of the sort). Have you checked other outfits?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 3:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Did you change the textures in Bodyshop or SimPE? I can't see how they would cause this problem unless Paint also has the same bug with file saving that Gimp does.

If you used one of PrincessSims' skins as a base, you shouldn't have to deal with bump maps, as those aren't usually part of skins, only clothes. Can't find one in the skin files, at least.

The problem could be with the clothes the sim is wearing, though (borked bump map or any of the sort). Have you checked other outfits?

Thanks for the reply! I used Bodyshop to import and export the files. Haven't tried SimPE yet. In CAS I tried the skin with a maxis sim, and it seemed to work for a second (the skin looked intact and correctly coloured with no weird seams in the neck area), but when I tried almost any other maxis and cc clothes, a seam would appear in the neck making either the head or the body, including the clothes, look "shiny". I didn't take the sim to a lot because the problem was apparent in CAS.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 4:05 PM
The seam combined with the shiny issue does suggest a bump map problem.
Are there bump maps present in the skin?

Do you have any issues with the body textures being exported as smaller than 1024x1024 px, or the face/head textures (+ body of baby/toddler) being exported as smaller than 512x512 px? Or have you changed the size of any of these?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Jun 2021 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
The seam combined with the shiny issue does suggest a bump map problem.
Are there bump maps present in the skin?

Do you have any issues with the body textures being exported as smaller than 1024x1024 px, or the face/head textures (+ body of baby/toddler) being exported as smaller than 512x512 px? Or have you changed the size of any of these?

I got it to work with this skintone by Rented Space! I cut/pasted the robot arm details from Rented Space's skintone to the blue alien skintone textures with Gimp this time. Then pasted the new blue robot arm textures over the original Rented Space skintone files in Paint. Next I exported the now blue Rented Space skintone in Bodyshop, and in game and CAS everything was fine with any clothe, maxis or cc!