Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jun 2021 at 10:59 PM
Default Lot with aquarium
Ok...I know that the title sound weird. So I will explain. I know that you can build a pond with fishes (if you have SEASONS), as well build UNDERWATER LOT (there are tutorials on YT for that). But I wonder...if players can like...a UNDERGROUND LOT surounded with FISH POND. Like if you can get to see (through glass windows) the pond fishes, if you build a underground lor ans fish pond around it? Has anyone tried something like this?
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 24th Jun 2021 at 9:21 PM
Wouldn't the fishes be visible when building an underwater lot? If not just look up custom fish objects and place them around the pond when taking pictures.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Jun 2021 at 3:17 PM
No. I don't believe it is possible... I have tried several times - and always end up having to fake it:
Rotenburo Ryokan Hotel
One-Twenty-Five Cafe, Downtown

A true in-game lake - with fishies - cannot touch a wall.
You can do it like a swimming pool - walls with windows can "see" directly into a swimming pool - but it would still have to be CC fishes and decos to make it look like a lake.

If you find a way to make an actual in-game lake with fish - and a wall with a window that can look directly into the lake - PLEASE let me know!

Edit: If you build your house completely surrounded by lake, and submerge it - then you can see fish out the windows... BUT: the house will be flooded. So, I guess a mermaid wouldn't mind?

Please ~ support my TS2 habit! Shop at my Etsy shops:
CatherinesJewelry ~ Artisan Jewelry
Catherine's MOUSE ~ Up/Recycled Jewelry
and Vintage Stuffeths
Field Researcher
#4 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 11:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by CatherineTCJD
Edit: If you build your house completely surrounded by lake, and submerge it - then you can see fish out the windows... BUT: the house will be flooded. So, I guess a mermaid wouldn't mind?

There are these objects by frillen that make it possible to hide the water surface so that your underwater construction doesn't appear to be flooded: https://modthesims.info/d/253468/triple-magic.html
however I guess the fishes would still swim through the house? I have never tried that in game