Replies: 192 (Who?), Viewed: 6779 times.
Page 3 of 8
Mad Poster
#51 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I have to wonder if cows are really cows or are they sims dressed up in a cow costume. This wouldn't be that far fetched considering how obsessed Maxis was with suits. The bear suit, the panda suit, the rat suit or whatever that thing is that came with My First Pet, ect...

I mean... I did joke that farm animals be probably reskinned felis catus and canis familiaris, but if this is not an image of a modded behavior that's for shits and lolz, then Maxis you cease to amaze (predictable, but still) for taking lazy short routes beyond humanly possible measurements. So yeah... I'd take and chew my previous word as I have changed my mind that yes if be better if farm animals used cats and dogs AI instead, since we are left to choose with the option I didn't expect they would go with

Like srls.... i really hope its not a bug in this image, because who's bright idea was it to reuse the ai of a HUMAN Sim instead of a pet, on this broken ass already bug taped spaghetti code engine?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 3:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
Gargoyle Cat: Personally, I do not get what posting pics of "the D" with or without clothes have to do with the game but maybe I'm just dumb...

I may get boatloads of trouble for writing this but why is it that the TS4 community have such hard fronts? No one seems to talk about this game is a nice manner, it's just an ever ongoing war between those who play the game and keep their moth shut, the ones that make the game and those who spread hate everywhere. In the word of some former Us president "you are either with us, or against us". Calm down people, try to act like adults... You do not have to be adults of cause but try acting like it. It's called "netiquette". If you don't know what it is feel free to google that! The only threads that are alive and breathing in the TS4 section of this forum seems to be the hate threads. I have been on here since 2009 and seriously don't have a clue how it could come to this... All I can say is that it is a shame! And nothing you will do or say will make me change that opinion! Nothing!


Hey. I was in your place a couple of years ago. The official forums aren't crazy about criticisms of this game that they deem to be too snarky or "mean," so these forums tend to attract people who were censored over there. Understandably, this does not endear the critics to the game or to the Sims team. Admittedly, I wasn't prepared for the level of snark I saw here, and I felt attacked because I loved the game so much.

It is true that I've seen some comments here--more in older threads--that were pretty nasty about the group that enjoyed TS4 and were happy with whatever EA offered them. I'm not a fan of the word "bootlicker," which I've see in the Pokemon community regarding people who weren't bothered by "Dexit," and while I haven't seen that word here, I do remember some of the early comments in another thread talking smack about those who continue to give EA their money for what they see as an inferior product. And unfortunately, this does affect the quality of the game--if doing a thing makes EA money, then they will continue to do that thing until it is no longer profitable. I might enjoy TS4--I'm pretty easily pleased, and since I can't help but get excited over new things (especially Aspirations), you could say I'm part of EA's target demographic (although I buy DLC so rarely and so gradually, I kind of doubt it). Because of this, I felt like I had to "confess" to the crowd here, while simultaneously defending myself because I took their words personally.

There are some of us here who love TS4. I love it, and because I love it, I do want the Sims team (which I use instead of EA or Maxis because I don't know the extent of creative control EA has over Maxis, and I'm reluctant to treat Maxis and the Sims team as one and the same) to do better. Despite my certain extent of satisfaction with TS4, I wish it had the extent of material that TS3 had, and at least some of the whimsical nature and unpredictability of both TS3 and TS2. World Adventures from Sims 3 is my all-time favorite pack, and when I saw an ad for Jungle Adventures, I thought it would be something similar. I was disappointed, and that kind of made me realize how lacking TS4 is in content in comparison.

Part of me is angry with EA, and part of me thinks...well, that it's on us, the community. Clearly, the Sims team is listening to *some* demographic of players. They have their fingers on the pulse of the younger crowd, at least attempting to predict what they're going to want to see in-game, polling groups of players to see what sorts of DLC they'd like to have--I think the knitting stuff kit was one of those.

But they're losing a lot of veteran players, because the focus of the game's content has become completely different. It's now more about making a nice house and interesting-looking people, and the humor is different, too. I wouldn't even say it's necessary less adult--I mean, there's like two dozen ways to WooHoo now--but it's certainly a different "generation" of humor. So that's going to have its share of critics, as well.

Mostly, the people here feel unheard and, well, "unloved" by the Sims team. And again, nobody likes a censor. So when they get snarky on here, they're not attacking you or me or anyone else who likes the game. They're "attacking" a product they spent money on, and found to be lacking. And they're frustrated that they're not being listened to. Don't let the strong language fool you--as long as you tolerate opinions that are different from yours, nobody's going to come after you.
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 11:16 AM Last edited by dikosay : 26th Jul 2021 at 11:26 AM.
Funny. I notice that, so far, you have more dislikes than likes SuperCoolRachael. I do not know who's disagreeing or why, but I see nothing wrong with what you say because, like you, I was there years ago, too. As I did in another post, I've admitted that I went out and bought several packs at the same time back in the day, believing that with each pack, the problems with the game would improve. They never did. THAT'S why I'm so perturbed with Sims 4.

I've got nothing against those who love the game. I loved 1 - which was why I bought 2. I loved 2 - which was why I bought 3. I loved 3 - which was why I bought 4. OK - so now I'm having a bit of a time trying to love 4.

For all the 4 lovers out there, here's to you. I'm honestly glad that you are happy. Keep on keeping on.

I stopped spending my money on 4 back with Snowy Escape (I actually tried stopping with Eco Life, but Snowy became too compelling to me, so I gave in - and was STILL disappointed - but I EXPECTED to be. The Sims team didn't let me down.) For those of you who desire to continue spending money on it, cheers to you, too. And, hey, let's have another!

The point is, there are those who love, say, horror stories. And those who don't. I've never understood why Horror lovers would come to, say, a horror-haters forum and criticize the horror haters for not loving Horror, but it takes all kinds. I mean, I don't post on the Sims 4 lovers forums. I don't even visit them. But, hey - in the end, when all things are tallied up, what does it matter. Like all of those who were left behind on the Titanic, as far as Sims 4 is concerned, we're all in the same boat - with EA/Maxis as our captain.

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#54 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 12:35 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 26th Jul 2021 at 1:58 PM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoolRachael

Mostly, the people here feel unheard and, well, "unloved" by the Sims team. And again, nobody likes a censor. So when they get snarky on here, they're not attacking you or me or anyone else who likes the game. They're "attacking" a product they spent money on, and found to be lacking. And they're frustrated that they're not being listened to. Don't let the strong language fool you--as long as you tolerate opinions that are different from yours, nobody's going to come after you.


I know what you meant, but I have zero interest in being 'loved' by Maxis or EA. They will never have my back; all they care about is how deep a person's wallet is. Also, what follows should be taken as generally speaking except for when it is not. Nothing about the following is about you specifically.

As the person that has been dubbed the tyrant / Spawn of Satan ( these names / labels came from TS4 fans) of MTS, I always find it interesting when people present TS4 lovers as victims. There has been countless people over the past 7 years that have shown up just to start fights with people that don't agree with their opinion. Just over the past few days we had a problem with a regular on here starting a fight because she didn't like the fact that not everybody was excited about everything in the new expansion pack. A shit storm was started because she could; not because anybody 'went after her'. This fight was started with a fellow person that also likes TS4. There is no truth behind the idea that all TS4 players play nice, hold hands and it is kumbaya with those that also like TS4.

I'm personally tired of being told about how tolerant, lovable and forgiving many TS4 players are when in fact, they are the opposite. These people are opportunists who whip out the victim card when they are told to stop being a dick when there is / was no reason for being one in the first place. I, as the tyrant, do not 'go after' TS4 players unless there is a reason for it. Said reasons have to be bigger than the frivolous things people like to argue about. I don't care about the color of couches, whether a hair looks a certain or way or not as most TS4 Maxis hairs still look like they are made from Playdough although Maxis has been improving their hair game over time, ect...

Then there are the countless projections such as being told that I'm angry because I don't agree about something. Last time I checked, there are 3 humans that live in my house. Nobody likes to be told how they feel, especially when it is being projected that they are feeling something when they are not. If I had a nickle for every time I've been told that I'm angry when I'm not, I'd have a decent stash of nickles. I equate this to the person that is depressed or anxious being told to 'get over it'. Unless a person is sitting beside me and can confirm whether I'm actually angry or not, said people know what they can do with their projections. It is another overused / abused tactic to either start a fight or to drag a current fight out. I won't even start about the 'be grateful' crowd. I don't know of a single honest person that is 'grateful' for having to spend hours in some cases updating their mods folder because of the messes Maxis causes with updates.

I don't know who invented this 'playbook' that people have been using for 7 years to start fights, but I'd be curious to know if said person even still plays TS4 or not. It is time to change the playbook regardless. When people act like civilized human beings, they are treated as such. When they act like keyboard jockeys because they have nothing else better to do or lack the ability to walk away from the computer for awhile, crap happens. Disagree fairies get their twitchy fingers in bunch when I say there is more to life than sims; I'm okay with that because there is. The earth does not spin around TS4 or any other sims game for that matter.
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 26th Jul 2021 at 4:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
I know what you meant, but I have zero interest in being 'loved' by Maxis or EA. They will never have my back; all they care about is how deep a person's wallet is. Also, what follows should be taken as generally speaking except for when it is not. Nothing about the following is about you specifically.

As the person that has been dubbed the tyrant / Spawn of Satan ( these names / labels came from TS4 fans) of MTS, I always find it interesting when people present TS4 lovers as victims. There has been countless people over the past 7 years that have shown up just to start fights with people that don't agree with their opinion. Just over the past few days we had a problem with a regular on here starting a fight because she didn't like the fact that not everybody was excited about everything in the new expansion pack. A shit storm was started because she could; not because anybody 'went after her'. This fight was started with a fellow person that also likes TS4. There is no truth behind the idea that all TS4 players play nice, hold hands and it is kumbaya with those that also like TS4.

I'm personally tired of being told about how tolerant, lovable and forgiving many TS4 players are when in fact, they are the opposite. These people are opportunists who whip out the victim card when they are told to stop being a dick when there is / was no reason for being one in the first place. I, as the tyrant, do not 'go after' TS4 players unless there is a reason for it. Said reasons have to be bigger than the frivolous things people like to argue about. I don't care about the color of couches, whether a hair looks a certain or way or not as most TS4 Maxis hairs still look like they are made from Playdough although Maxis has been improving their hair game over time, ect...

Then there are the countless projections such as being told that I'm angry because I don't agree about something. Last time I checked, there are 3 humans that live in my house. Nobody likes to be told how they feel, especially when it is being projected that they are feeling something when they are not. If I had a nickle for every time I've been told that I'm angry when I'm not, I'd have a decent stash of nickles. I equate this to the person that is depressed or anxious being told to 'get over it'. Unless a person is sitting beside me and can confirm whether I'm actually angry or not, said people know what they can do with their projections. It is another overused / abused tactic to either start a fight or to drag a current fight out. I won't even start about the 'be grateful' crowd. I don't know of a single honest person that is 'grateful' for having to spend hours in some cases updating their mods folder because of the messes Maxis causes with updates.

I don't know who invented this 'playbook' that people have been using for 7 years to start fights, but I'd be curious to know if said person even still plays TS4 or not. It is time to change the playbook regardless. When people act like civilized human beings, they are treated as such. When they act like keyboard jockeys because they have nothing else better to do or lack the ability to walk away from the computer for awhile, crap happens. Disagree fairies get their twitchy fingers in bunch when I say there is more to life than sims; I'm okay with that because there is. The earth does not spin around TS4 or any other sims game for that matter.


(Quick note: I'm SO glad that "Reply" only quotes the last thing that was said; I hate doing the work of "snipping" previous posts on other forums!)

Hey, I appreciate this reply. What you said is absolutely correct--there *are* plenty of Sims 4 players who are exactly how you said. I also see now that I *was* speaking for other people who might not actually feel the way I was claiming they did. Such as yourself.

Unfortunately, many people a disagreement of opinion to be an attack. And if that's the case, it would be better if they didn't go to forums where an exchange of opinions is allowed. If you're not going to be tolerant of opinions that are different from your own, you can't really expect people to tolerate your intolerance. That's something that the Sims 4 players you mentioned ought to keep in mind.

I'll be more careful in the future to not put words in people's mouths.
Scholar
#56 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 9:07 AM
I have going through a lot of comment now and as I’m quoted in some posts I better go in and answer. However. I will not do it individually…

OK, so the game is considered to be trash? OK, I can bay that statement. It’s a known fact that you ”can’t polish a turd” and it’s even more unlikely to polish it by adding more dirt to it. But as I see it, that’s exactly what’s happening. One person comes in claiming ”this is a shitty game”. Then next person comes in saying ”this is a very shitty game”. Then a third person comes in claiming ”this is a extremely shitty game”… And on and on… We got the picture, we can read thank you! Let us once and for all agree, or disagree, over the statement. It does not have to be repeated ever so often! OK? This game was released in 2014 and anyone who think EA will keep it ”alive” just for Your enjoyment is wrong. Sorry, it’s so.

Yes, it’s true that people are disappointed in what they get for the money… but please do remember that it’s up to you to add more packs to the game. And if there is something where EA is very skilled it is getting your money into their pockets. While doing so, they use their skills to create a interest, a ”hype”. A ”hype” that some will buy without question it. Or maybe they will give it a try anyway… (I really wanted to quote something here but it might be inappropriate so I leave it). And then, after released that the pack they just have spent money on is just a waste they get disappointed? I do not get that. I mean, what have we learned over EA? Well, we have learned that they do not care about the Sims 4 anymore. We have also learned that they do not care about us who play the game and from all I have seen they have not been delivering anything worth buying in a very long time now. So why the hurry to buy a new pack? Why don’t wait until someone puts up a review online? That’s how I did it back then…

At this point in my post I think it would be a good idea to tell you how many packs I own. You see, I don’t need the ocean… I don’t even need a lake, I’m perfectly fine with the tiny pond I got here… And what’s in the pond? Well you see, the Sims 4 was a game I would never get myself. I did not like the look it had. But then the people over at EA got the bright idea of giving away the Base game for free. They are not stupid you know… So that’s how I ended up playing it. But as you surely do know ”there is no such thing as a free lunch”. Of cause I ended up buying some packs… Seasons being the first. And then Cats & Dogs. And Dine out. Last year I did my last addition and that was Spa day, Fitness stuff and Backyard stuff. Before buying I did check the reviews from LGR on Youtube so I did know what to expect. And that’s what I ended up with. No disappointment here... After that I did take my game offline. I know how clumsy the well payed staff over at EA is and how their patches doing it’s best to brake everything from mods to basic Maxis items. And I did not want that so good bay EA and Origin… So that’s how I play the game. In my tiny ”pond” of packs… Surely it feels very limiting at times. In example: I want to create buildings of different types but aside from some gigantic lots in Newcrest, and a few in Brindleton Bay, I have no land to build on. And my sims keep repeating their daily routines because they have nothing else to do. (I don't play challenges, I play the game for me). So EA: 1 – Me: 0.

So in order to end this post and come to some sort of a point I will simply go out and say: Instead of being disappointed what you don’t get, go out and enjoy what you have. Even if EA is a greedy company and the Sims 4 is a big turd. Because ”You know what you got but don’t know what you will get” (OK, it sounds better in Swedish). And when we all have stopped being angry about what TS4 Not is we can bright up this forum again. Because as it is now it not much to read. For example, (hardly) no one post Stupid random questions, no one post picture of their homes, buildings, sims, random events and what not. And a ”What did you discover today” thread does not even exist… And all this threads lives and grows perfectly and the TS2 And TS3 sections. But here it’s just quiet and still. As if everyone has just been giving up about this game...
Instructor
#57 Old 30th Jul 2021 at 8:41 PM
It's no good posting about enjoying Sims 4 here. You get jumped on and told it's no good.
Mad Poster
#58 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrmo
Because as it is now it not much to read. For example, (hardly) no one post Stupid random questions, no one post picture of their homes, buildings, sims, random events and what not. And a ”What did you discover today” thread does not even exist… And all this threads lives and grows perfectly and the TS2 And TS3 sections. But here it’s just quiet and still. As if everyone has just been giving up about this game...

So.... why not just create those threads yourself? What's stopping you from doing that? Ok nevermind, I realized your point better by carefully reading what you said. I would more say this is most likely due that not a lot of people are interested in this game because well.... hence why it gets a lot of negative feedback, not due to others being overwhelmed by that from others. TS4 doesn't received well my majority, and the people that genuinely like and enoy the game probably are less active here for whatever reason (probably due because unlike official forum, people are free to express here any opinion without penaltization from the mods.

I haven't bought a single thing from TS4, so not sure how this applies to me because I do rant?

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#59 Old 31st Jul 2021 at 8:53 PM


Thanks for the PSA, James. We mean people have been saying this for over 4 years and you're just figuring this out now. Better late than never I suppose...
Screenshots
Scholar
#60 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 9:49 AM
I don't understand why this thread is still necessary. TS4 simply has so many fundamental design flaws and basic gameplay. I mean, it can look nice and sims look pretty. But gameplay is so uninspired. Can anyone come up with solid reasons why the developers of TS4 came up with these decisions/issues ? (from memory, so dated, but doubt much has changed) :

- Why are career unlocks tied to household and not sim? This makes splitting households unnessarily complicated. A moving sim should move their unlocks with them. While placed unlocked items that are left behind, should remain usuable.
- Why are certain objects tied to career and not to skill? (scientist, detective, doctor). The moment a sim leaves that career, those objects becomes unusable, even when placed in home.
- Why can't you quit a job and then go for the other branch within that career?
- Why do actions get dropped from queues all the time? Why can't they sometimes be cancelled? Why do they sometimes become invisible? Why do some not even show up? (greetings) Imo this is one mechanic that should be rock solid and informative at all times. A player should feel in control all the time and not confused about what's happening.
- What is with idle chat? Random townies home in on your sim without being in line of sight and there is no way to avoid this until they finally arrive. Also why does idle chat not do anything for relation/social etc?
- Why do sims not always check if they are already sitting within distance for a chat, instead of just relocating by default?
- Why do gardens not grow if you are not on the lot? This can't be a performance reason. This just requires the tiniest update in a simulation.
- Why do phone messages disappear so fast? Why can't you read them back? Why do those (job-)invites disappear so fast?
- Why can't you save CAS presets? Why do you have to save sims including skills, career progression etc?
- Why can a big house with 8 sims lag so much? It is just one house!
- Why can only one emotion work as buff for activities? Why can confidence even override inspiration or analytic(the purple one, forgot name) ?
- Why are there so few lots in each neighbourhood? (Grant should be jealous of Ubisoft maps).

I can come up with more questions if you want.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#61 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I don't understand why this thread is still necessary.


It is weird that you question whether this thread is necessary, then proceed to drag up a laundry list of issues.

Posting tweets from out of touch game changers that have just now figured out that TS4 is bug ridden doesn't fit anywhere else. Nor does stupid commentary from TS4 developers and other foolishness that goes on around the sims community. Are these things necessary to talk about? No, but this is life in Sim Land.

Would you prefer to have a conversation about some of Deli's gaffes instead? For the person that is always talking about how her mistakes are from lack of education, it is curious how she never gets educated. The following video doesn't even touch on how much time Deli spends talking about cramps, PMS and her period. Deli keeping it classy on Twitter every time she's on the rag.

Is it OVER for Deligracy? How Big Simmers Ruin Their Channels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWKOywmWmY
Mad Poster
#62 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I don't understand why this thread is still necessary.

Well... it saves times eyes from the eyesore inducing (in a literal sense, cause of the obnoxious green color) The Sims official forum that for me personally is too cringy to return just for the information which is a pass.

Oh nvm, thought its the Thing I read/seen/heard thread. Well...this useful in a sense to hear twitter gossip from devs and game changers I guess.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#63 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SneakyWingPhoenix

Oh nvm, thought its the Thing I read/seen/heard thread. Well...this useful in a sense to hear twitter gossip from devs and game changers I guess.


There was nothing keeping you from starting a new thread, dude. As for the rest of it, if there was no lunacy, I'd nothing to talk about.
Scholar
#64 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 2:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
- Why can a big house with 8 sims lag so much? It is just one house!


Without knowing is it not a performance issue in the game itself? Even if your gear is good the game can not handle 8 sims on a single lot very well.
Mad Poster
#65 Old 1st Aug 2021 at 10:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
There was nothing keeping you from starting a new thread, dude. As for the rest of it, if there was no lunacy, I'd nothing to talk about.

I'm not complaining tho. I'm just saying that of currently that how thread started of. I'm just pointing out that at first glance, I didn't checked the title and thoughts it's matrix's.

And yes, I could have started this one the day my initial one was erased from existence Imo they could have deleted the comments that were political instead of oblirating the whole thread, but oh well... what's done been done. I'm no longer invested with what's going on with just the base game, cause I give less fucks now than in the past.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#66 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 4:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperCoolRachael
which I've see in the Pokemon community regarding people who weren't bothered by "Dexit,


Ah yes. The cavalcade of lies and disappointments that have kept me from using my three favorite starters (two of whom were EXTREMELY useful in competitive play). Game Freak really took a page out of EA's book when it came to Gen 8, didn't they? Between the greed, the downgrades, the fear of any meaningful innovation, and the way it's divided the community (even more so than usual) Gen 8 really is the Sims 4 of Pokemon

((And this is from someone who....doesn't hate Sword and Shield. I'm not mad at it. I'm just...disappointed. Which is pretty much how I feel about TS4 as well))

The Receptacle still lives!
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 9:14 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat

Would you prefer to have a conversation about some of Deli's gaffes instead? For the person that is always talking about how her mistakes are from lack of education, it is curious how she never gets educated. The following video doesn't even touch on how much time Deli spends talking about cramps, PMS and her period. Deli keeping it classy on Twitter every time she's on the rag.

Is it OVER for Deligracy? How Big Simmers Ruin Their Channels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWKOywmWmY


I personally pity Deligracy and hope she can leave away sims 4 a while and do something meaningful.

Taiwan Soul!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#68 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 12:59 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : 2nd Aug 2021 at 2:45 PM. Reason: typo
Quote:
Originally Posted by yaohui
I personally pity Deligracy and hope she can leave away sims 4 a while and do something meaningful.


I used to watch Deli on a regular basis. James I can take in small doses, but it's a nope now for the most part when it comes to Deli. I don't have the patience for her nonsense, double speak, endless flexing, ect... She reminds me of a adult that A) has never been told no B) stays in her little bubble where nobody in said bubble will have a heart to heart chat with her when she is out of line. Which is why I speculate that she'll continue to make the same mistakes over and over again because nobody close her will tell her that what she's doing sometimes is not okay. She doesn't need a pat on the head and a kiss on the forehead when she decides to go off the beaten path and wander into the deep weeds.

I sat through her last blog. It is interesting how she can talk about the only time she can talk about herself is in therapy. I guess her twin must run her Twitter account then.

People fuck up and do things that they shouldn't, blah,blah,blah, but when her comment section is littered with people coming from a kind place telling her to stop doing things and she ignores it, she doesn't want to change. Google told her to cut the shit, she continued on, then she whiped out the victim card and complained about being demonetized. The victim card is rendered null and void in these situations.

She did not start out this way; the princess mentality needs to be put to rest. She's not a little girl, she's a adult. Youtube isn't going to be around forever, girlfriend is going to struggle in the real world if she doesn't grow up. In the meantime, and the most irritating part of this whole thing, she's teaching the kids that watch her, adore her, put her on a pedestal that all of this is perfectly acceptable. They too are going to struggle if they do as she is doing right now. This why YT calls people like Deli 'influencers' that far too many have made into a ugly word in Sims Land and well beyond. One of those people was one of my favorite people on YT who hasn't been seen or heard from in over a year because he abused his power. He didn't actually abuse anybody, but he used his influence is a bad way and was basically shamed off of YouTube for good reason. I'm not going to go into details, but it is unfortunate.

People think I'm off the rails when I say that people on YT are not friends, but I do it for a reason. People do these things to have certain kinds of lifestyle. In many cases, at some point, these people stop caring about how they influence people that watch them. This not a sims specific problem, it is across the entire YT platform. I watched a thing the other day where the person spends all of their time in thrift shops which okay, whatever, but then talked about how she needed a bigger barn for all of her stuff that she has purchased. Her 'barn' is bigger than my house. If I were the type of person that was swayed by such a thing, I could easily fill up my house with stuff crammed in up to the rafters because she makes that lifestyle look really fun. She's a lovely person, but nah.
Field Researcher
#69 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 3:30 PM
I returned to TS4 after 6 years and it's still like what I remembered: shallow. It reminds of games where devs keep adding stuff no one asked for. The sims still remind me of Monty python skits with the way they act.

Now I am not a good critique or anything, but somehow this game lacks SUBSTANCE. I've been playing for hours and it feels like I'm drifting on air, I'm not actually going anywhere. It feels like half a game and half work to play.

TS4 suffers from the "tell, don't show" thing. I don't need a big CONFIDENT or FLIRTY or EMBARASSED line in the UI to tell that my what my sim is feeling... it's obvious enough with the very much over obnoxious animations they have. And half the game is the same animations with different names. Emotions are still broken and I can still cheat on someone in front of their face and have no consequence. That brings me to... consequences... the only form they are in the game is through bills... as far as I've experienced. Higher bills if you're not green or some crap for the NAP, but who cares when your sim can drown in money?

Content is also disconnected. Look at sack lunches for example, I was excited for sack lunches because it looked cute and I THOUGHT it would be useful. But it wasn't. At all. Sack lunches still spoil in the same amount of time and is not automatically eaten while at school or work. It's the exact same as dragging a bowl of cereal into their inventory -_-. USELESS. And the problem is, so many of the game's "features" are just like this. The same shit. re-skinned!

I have to try other new aspects of the game but so far... ugh. I only like the lighting and cats (I haven't had a dog yet). I think the pets are better in TS4... as they should be since there are only cats and dogs. It's very unsatisfying to play and I see myself uninstalling again for the 3rd time soon. This is very upsetting.

Also, how does TS4's buy/build mode lag more than TS3's with all expansions and without even having CAST? Wtf? Lol.

There's little good things I can say about it other than it takes nice screenshots (with reshade on only..), pets, and build mode is more intuitive (but it still lags... even without cc).

Ending sentiment: I hope Paralives comes out soon.
Forum Resident
#70 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:55 PM Last edited by Jathom95 : 2nd Aug 2021 at 7:55 PM.
This seems like the perfect thread to bring this up in. I was watching a video about someone talking about TS4 and they had some Sims in the background.

So... does anyone who plays TS4 get annoyed at the way Sims talk to each other? I felt myself getting physically annoyed at how over the top the animations are. It wasn't like two people having a conversation, but like EVERYSINGLETHINGISJUSTSOAWESOME and they're like constantly moving their hands weirdly and making twitchy eye movements.

It's such a small thing to get annoyed by, but I literally couldn't look at that for long. Absolutely no one talks like that.

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 5:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I don't understand why this thread is still necessary. TS4 simply has so many fundamental design flaws and basic gameplay. I mean, it can look nice and sims look pretty. But gameplay is so uninspired. Can anyone come up with solid reasons why the developers of TS4 came up with these decisions/issues ? (from memory, so dated, but doubt much has changed) :

- Why are career unlocks tied to household and not sim? This makes splitting households unnessarily complicated. A moving sim should move their unlocks with them. While placed unlocked items that are left behind, should remain usuable.
- Why are certain objects tied to career and not to skill? (scientist, detective, doctor). The moment a sim leaves that career, those objects becomes unusable, even when placed in home.
- Why can't you quit a job and then go for the other branch within that career?
- Why do actions get dropped from queues all the time? Why can't they sometimes be cancelled? Why do they sometimes become invisible? Why do some not even show up? (greetings) Imo this is one mechanic that should be rock solid and informative at all times. A player should feel in control all the time and not confused about what's happening.
- What is with idle chat? Random townies home in on your sim without being in line of sight and there is no way to avoid this until they finally arrive. Also why does idle chat not do anything for relation/social etc?
- Why do sims not always check if they are already sitting within distance for a chat, instead of just relocating by default?
- Why do gardens not grow if you are not on the lot? This can't be a performance reason. This just requires the tiniest update in a simulation.
- Why do phone messages disappear so fast? Why can't you read them back? Why do those (job-)invites disappear so fast?
- Why can't you save CAS presets? Why do you have to save sims including skills, career progression etc?
- Why can a big house with 8 sims lag so much? It is just one house!
- Why can only one emotion work as buff for activities? Why can confidence even override inspiration or analytic(the purple one, forgot name) ?
- Why are there so few lots in each neighbourhood? (Grant should be jealous of Ubisoft maps).

I can come up with more questions if you want.


I wish I could click your AGREE button a hundred times. Everything you've said is so RIGHT ON !!

Loyalty to petrified opinion never yet broke a chain or freed a human soul. - Mark Twain
Mad Poster
#72 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 6:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithrak_nl
I don't understand why this thread is still necessary. TS4 simply has so many fundamental design flaws and basic gameplay. I mean, it can look nice and sims look pretty. But gameplay is so uninspired. Can anyone come up with solid reasons why the developers of TS4 came up with these decisions/issues ? (from memory, so dated, but doubt much has changed) :

- Why are career unlocks tied to household and not sim? This makes splitting households unnessarily complicated. A moving sim should move their unlocks with them. While placed unlocked items that are left behind, should remain usuable.
- Why are certain objects tied to career and not to skill? (scientist, detective, doctor). The moment a sim leaves that career, those objects becomes unusable, even when placed in home.
- Why can't you quit a job and then go for the other branch within that career?
- Why do actions get dropped from queues all the time? Why can't they sometimes be cancelled? Why do they sometimes become invisible? Why do some not even show up? (greetings) Imo this is one mechanic that should be rock solid and informative at all times. A player should feel in control all the time and not confused about what's happening.
- What is with idle chat? Random townies home in on your sim without being in line of sight and there is no way to avoid this until they finally arrive. Also why does idle chat not do anything for relation/social etc?
- Why do sims not always check if they are already sitting within distance for a chat, instead of just relocating by default?
- Why do gardens not grow if you are not on the lot? This can't be a performance reason. This just requires the tiniest update in a simulation.
- Why do phone messages disappear so fast? Why can't you read them back? Why do those (job-)invites disappear so fast?
- Why can't you save CAS presets? Why do you have to save sims including skills, career progression etc?
- Why can a big house with 8 sims lag so much? It is just one house!
- Why can only one emotion work as buff for activities? Why can confidence even override inspiration or analytic(the purple one, forgot name) ?
- Why are there so few lots in each neighbourhood? (Grant should be jealous of Ubisoft maps).

I can come up with more questions if you want.

I got one

- Why do career/school chance cards lack any real chance now? The right answer is literally always the same, every time. And they never have any meaningful consequences. Remember in TS2, when the right answer was always different? And when getting an answer right or wrong was the difference between a promotion or getting straight up fired? Now it's just "Yay! You got it right. Small performance gain." or "Oh no. That was the wrong answer. Small performance loss."

The Receptacle still lives!
Forum Resident
#73 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 6:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lil bag2
I got one

- Why do career/school chance cards lack any real chance now? The right answer is literally always the same, every time. And they never have any meaningful consequences. Remember in TS2, when the right answer was always different? And when getting an answer right or wrong was the difference between a promotion or getting straight up fired? Now it's just "Yay! You got it right. Small performance gain." or "Oh no. That was the wrong answer. Small performance loss."


Yeah, wasn't it Mary-Sue Pleasant that would get fired the first time you played the household if you picked any choice but "Ignore" in TS2? Why can't we have consequences like that anymore?

You have been chosen. They will come soon.
Test Subject
#74 Old 2nd Aug 2021 at 11:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jathom95
Yeah, wasn't it Mary-Sue Pleasant that would get fired the first time you played the household if you picked any choice but "Ignore" in TS2? Why can't we have consequences like that anymore?

I guess it might be because they couldn't be bothered to add an ignore button? I would love chance cards that had real consequences if I could skip them if I felt like it.
Scholar
#75 Old 3rd Aug 2021 at 9:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gargoyle Cat
It is weird that you question whether this thread is necessary, then proceed to drag up a laundry list of issues.

Posting tweets from out of touch game changers that have just now figured out that TS4 is bug ridden doesn't fit anywhere else. Nor does stupid commentary from TS4 developers and other foolishness that goes on around the sims community. Are these things necessary to talk about? No, but this is life in Sim Land.

Would you prefer to have a conversation about some of Deli's gaffes instead? For the person that is always talking about how her mistakes are from lack of education, it is curious how she never gets educated. The following video doesn't even touch on how much time Deli spends talking about cramps, PMS and her period. Deli keeping it classy on Twitter every time she's on the rag.

Is it OVER for Deligracy? How Big Simmers Ruin Their Channels
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnWKOywmWmY


I guess I am too jaded by now. I was trying to show that (to me anyway) TS4 is a done deal. Nothing will improve in a worthwile way at this point. All main gameplay issues it has will stay the same. DLC is all just adding more of the same content or weak versions of whatever DLC existed in TS2 and 3. And patches just seem to fix minor things. They can't even get the action queue working and it will also never happen.

I tried building in base game yesterday and it just made me ragequit. The stupid swatches. All the tiny dark brown/black swatches look the same but turn out to be very different shades of brown/black when used. This is more frustrating then using a pattern tool that starts to lag in TS3, This is with all colours in TS4 . Just a common palette for building items and furniture is already too challenging for those developers.
TS4 is filled with obvious weak design issues like these and almost no one (outside some people on this website anyway) seems to care. How?

Hm, I just realised that I just want a TS2/3 REMASTERED version instead of whatever Sims 5 will be. The weak design choices for TS4 (and I expect TS5) just piss me off! Everything now seems to be about looking pretty and creating a 'positive experience' while proper game design takes a back seat. In AAA games anyway. Indie developers seem to be the only ones left worrying about game design.
Page 3 of 8
Back to top