Replies: 40 (Who?), Viewed: 752 times.
Page 2 of 2
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#26 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 1:00 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 15th Jul 2021 at 11:51 PM.
Hello I just now discovered, yet another shower misplacement issue with 1 room at a total of 2 of my 2 Motels/Hotels whatever you call them.

one of the the 4 rooms "in both" has a shower a sim cannot access by default unless You go into the lot and go to the far left room and rotate those 2 motel/hotel showers, that's right I have a lounging facility in this neighborhood. Because after all? what is a city without a motel or a hotel. unfortunately these 2 motels are for single sims only, meaning their is no hanky panky unless you build your own lounging facility for that, I did what I could, but I was focused on other types of lots rather than a realistic run down hanky panky zone. however your free to add your own to this hood. However this motel is for skill building mostly on community lots, and also to give your sims break from work also in the home neighborhood

to build a hotel motel create a "Community Lot" place with at least one, bed, one phone a table and a full functioning bathroom. then place ONE DOOR with the small sign on the outside of the door, than place a Hotel reception desk somewhere on the lot. then press at the same time CRTL SHIFT and the Letter C on your keyboard, then type in without quotes "ChangeLotZoning hotel" with space between the words and also CAPITAL letters beginning with each and every word. In the first part of the cheat code. then press enter

anyway here are the photos I want to show you with more details on them.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 1:12 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 15th Jul 2021 at 1:23 PM.
ANOTHER MINOR ISSUE IS: most of the HOUSES ARE requiring you to move the bathtub to the other side of the bathroom, to enable pets to get washed, otherwise you can't increase you cat or your dogs hygiene. due to a maxis sim path bug, there is nothing wrong, but this WILL get ANNOYING fast, through I am just posting every nook and cranny of this upload just so you guys know the full details of what has been tested in this city neighborhood on my end so far,

Please report any and all bugs, glitches and concerns about this neighborhood here on this thread. And Thank You all @ MTS for this opportunity to do this.
Screenshots
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#28 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 11:25 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 18th Jul 2021 at 6:52 AM.
Well the file is still in thread link above (edit) "bottom of" 4th post after the moderators merged the 2 topics together.

if anyone is still interested it's really a fun neighborhood in my opinion, testing is pretty much completed, but I'll keep you posted in this thread

if I find anymore object rotation/ sim object path issues
the lots are working fantastic as far as I can tell. Testing is pretty much a completed task. But it still has maxis created townies in it. I cannot fix that, without gutting the entire thing and starting over again from scratch without causing glitches and such. I do not know how to correctly use empty templates and I know if I ever do I'll need to start a completely new neighborhood, I hope MTS will let us use maxis townies in the future upload policies because we always could use more The Sims 2 Neighborhoods for our games in my opinion.

I mean if you want clean templates or maxis townies that should be up to the downloader, in my own opinion because, some simmers may like the maxis townies, but I am not sure if their is some EA/Maxis copyright violation with them or not. don't know exactly why creators need to hack the game in order to follow the rules on this site.

NOTE: there has been no updates to the file since it was fist uploaded this naked file. should work just fine " As long as you follow the instructions and all the notes taken above" just fine with so far only sim path / object rotation issues, This vanilla version should be fine, mostly all the object path issues have been reported already, this neighborhood should be good to go unless you don't have ALL the The Sims 2 Expansion and Stuff packs and the required downloads for the cities neighborhood decorations.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 11:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
Hi Aspersim, you don't need to upload all of those items here, most of it from what I can see (Criquette's stuff for example) is available on here or on their site, so you should link to them instead.

Your images need to be larger to upload them here- yours are 400X300 and the guidelines say at least 800X600:
https://modthesims.info/rubrics/3885/
Also we can comment better if you upload some better pictures!

You say that your neighbourhood is unpopulated, but you have over 300 sims in the character files folder. Are those sims you have made yourself, or game generated?

All Images were re- uploaded to the site in 800x600 just so you know. but their file format was not changed.
Forum Resident
#30 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 8:34 AM
If Maxis townies are the only issue with your neighborhood, you could just take the existing sims and give them a makeover. Shouldn't take too long, compared to creating an entire neighborhood from scratch.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aspersim
Here is an issue that Hoodchecker had with this hood from the beginning and is in the upload above. I do not now how to fix this issue I am already planning on throwing in the towel.

Sim Wants and Fears:

Memories:
Subject does not exist: 0x0064 Armando Ray: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x0073 Armando Suwankiri: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA
Subject does not exist: 0x008D Joshua Centowski: Met SimID=0x13AD37CA

Sorry to take longer than promised for this, but I've tried to do it properly, with [SPOILERED] screenshots:

First make a backup copy of your neighbourhood. That way you know that, even if you make a mistake, you can revert to the old version. Then . . .

1. Start SimPE.

2. Use the Neighborhood Browser (Tools – Neighborhood - Neighborhood Browser or Shortcut Control – Shift – N) to open the neighbourhood in SimPE.

3. Use the Sim Browser (Tools – Neighborhood - Sim Browser or Shortcut Control – Shift – S) to Open the Sim who has the memory you want to remove.

4. The Sim should open on the Plugin View tab, but if it’s opened on another tab, change to Plugin View using the tabs at the bottom.

5. Click on the More Tab at the top of the lower window, and select Open Memories.

6. Use the slider to move to the memory you want to delete. Older memories are to the left; newer ones to the right. When you find the memory you want to delete, select it by clicking on it.

7. Click on Remove to delete (remove) the memory.

8. Click on the Commit button.

9. Save the file (File – Save or Shortcut Control – S).
Screenshots

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#32 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 3:46 PM Last edited by Aspersim : 17th Jul 2021 at 2:54 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGloria
Sorry to take longer than promised for this, but I've tried to do it properly, with [SPOILERED] screenshots:

Thank you for this information you should post this under game guides because it's important. I'll be working on my own personal careers using SimPE can I change the clothing on the townie? thank you, I now know what to do but I don't think it is safe to do that with the bellhop, so I am not going to do it, plus when I tried my ransomware software would not let me, and I could disable it but that would open another security hole in my game, you see I keep EA Documents folder supervised by WD ransomware protection for an extra cushion, nobody needs it but I use it, just in case I get another attack on my PC, in the future and it's to keep my Current sims game settings safe and everything, also.
(edit)
I'll don't plan on making careers now
Alchemist
#33 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:22 AM Last edited by Sunrader : 17th Jul 2021 at 2:58 AM.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenhole
If Maxis townies are the only issue with your neighborhood, you could just take the existing sims and give them a makeover. Shouldn't take too long, compared to creating an entire neighborhood from scratch.

It's quick and easy to create a clean, empty (of sims and sim references) copy of this hood, no starting over. https://modthesims.info/t/468987 It would also be easy to give the clean, empty version a unique IDNO so that it will not conflict with other hoods. If a creator already has a clean game environment and knows how, it takes about 15 minutes.

As for the memories, what @AndrewGloria says is right, but, in this case, I would recommend creating an empty copy of the hood, as @simsample suggested, not just deleting memories. BTW, when HoodChecker says that the subject of a memory does not exist, it does not mean that the sim does not exist, it just means that the person who has the memory (the subject) is missing from the memory, so you can fix it by just going to the memory and choosing its owner from the drop down menu. Just an alternate fix that may be more appropriate sometimes.

NOTE: I haven't been on here in a while. I must have forgotten how to tag people... hmmmm. What am I forgetting?

Quote:
But it still has maxis created townies in it. I cannot fix that, without gutting the entire thing and starting over again from scratch without causing glitches and such. I do not know how to correctly use empty templates and I know if I ever do I'll need to start a completely new neighborhood, I hope MTS will let us use maxis townies in the future upload policies because we always could use more The Sims 2 Neighborhoods for our games in my opinion.

I mean if you want clean templates or maxis townies that should be up to the downloader, in my own opinion because, some simmers may like the maxis townies, but I am not sure if their is some EA/Maxis copyright violation with them or not. don't know exactly why creators need to hack the game in order to follow the rules on this site.

I can see why that would be frustrating, if you think it requires starting over. It does not, though. I know @simsample already offered to help. I wouldn't mind helping either. But all that a creator needs to do is use a clean game environment where no subhoods or townies generate (something I already have and probably simsample does, too). Then a new empty hood is created and HoodReplace and SimPE are used to copy everything from your hood that is not sims or useless debris like old lots that you deleted, references to bin families, etc, from your hood into the empty one. Then, the IDNO is changed to a unique number and the new hood is renamed to your name and, that's it. In a few minutes, you get back a clean, empty hood with no more issues related to old sims, subhoods, stealth hoods, memories, townies, etc. All clean and empty of sims, but just like you created it with all your lots and deco. Pretty sweet deal.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunrader
It's quick and easy to create a clean, empty (of sims and sim references) copy of this hood, no starting over. https://modthesims.info/t/468987 It would also be easy to give the clean, empty version a unique IDNO so that it will not

I can see why that would be frustrating, if you think it requires starting over. It does not, though. I know @simsample already offered to help. I wouldn't mind helping either. But all that a creator needs to do is use a clean game environment where no subhoods or townies generate (something I already have and probably simsample does, too). Then a new empty hood is created and HoodReplace and SimPE are used to copy everything from your hood that is not sims or useless debris like old lots that you deleted, references to bin families, etc, from your hood into the empty one. Then, the IDNO is changed to a unique number and the new hood is renamed to your name and, that's it. In a few minutes, you get back a clean, empty hood with no more issues related to old sims, subhoods, stealth hoods, memories, townies, etc. All clean and empty of sims, but just like you created it with all your lots and deco. Pretty sweet deal.

thanks for the offer, but you don't have to ONLY if you want to , I am having a good time with this neighborhood,, I would like to have it officially uploaded but I would also like have credit for the work as well as everyone else involved with this, The main porpoise for this creation was for my game, I just wanted to share it with others,, Since I never actually submitted anything I ever created in the past in the sims 2 because I could not follow all the MTS upload guidelines. Is this an easy fix? maybe one of you guys or girls could do it and hopefully somehow you can get partially credited for this creation

But this vanilla version is actually NOT broken in any way, and you know what they say, if it ain't broken then you should not need fix it or tinker with it.

Could there be a clean AND a maxis templated download in case the clean one is glitchy? If this creation ever does reach the community standards?
Alchemist
#35 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 3:31 AM
Quote:
thanks for the offer, but you don't have to ONLY if you want to , I am having a good time with this neighborhood,, I would like to have it officially uploaded but I would also like have credit for the work as well as everyone else involved with this, The main porpoise for this creation was for my game, I just wanted to share it with others,, Since I never actually submitted anything I ever created in the past in the sims 2 because I could not follow all the MTS upload guidelines. Is this an easy fix? maybe one of you guys or girls could do it and hopefully somehow you can get partially credited for this creation

But this vanilla version is actually NOT broken in any way, and you know what they say, if it ain't broken then you should not need fix it or tinker with it.

Could there be a clean AND a maxis templated download in case the clean one is glitchy? If this creation ever does reach the community standards?

You can have it however you like, of course, that is the beauty of sims. I get it. I also make many, many things just for me and don't always want to do the polishing that makes something better for sharing. I also share from my simblr and from my own site because I prefer to make my own standards. Whatever you decide is just fine.

You may not have thought about it, but another advantage to cleaning it, if you decide to, is that, then, you could also have a subhood version. A lot of people like to add new custom hoods to their already existing games and cleaning it would let you offer that as well.
Be like the 22nd elephant with heated value in space- Bark!
retired moderator
#36 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 2:23 PM
If you playtest the neighbourhood, and get it exactly how you like it in your game configuration, then you could share the file here and I could clone it for you and give it a unique ID, so that you have a totally clean version to upload. But there's no point in doing this until you are happy with it, as if you load the neighbourhood in your game again then the default townies and NPCs will be re-added. So you need to get this how you are happy with it, and then I can make a clean copy so that others can playtest it too.

I will choose a path that's clear- I will choose free will
-RUSH- -RADIO- -ARCHIVES-
Simpeople and Me Archive- -11Dots Archive- My Sims World Archive
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#37 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by simsample
If you playtest the neighbourhood, and get it exactly how you like it in your game configuration, then you could share the file here and I could clone it for you and give it a unique ID, so that you have a totally clean version to upload. But there's no point in doing this until you are happy with it, as if you load the neighbourhood in your game again then the default townies and NPCs will be re-added. So you need to get this how you are happy with it, and then I can make a clean copy so that others can playtest it too.

thank you, this would be greatly appreciated
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovenhole

Don't know how to do that, and currently I just don't want to with this neighborhood, but knowing how to do this would be nice to know

(edit) but I prefer not to use SimPE for this because it can cause issues in-game if you don't properly use it, and I don't really want to use SimPE since mostly everything you click one time on in SimPE makes changes to the entire The Sims 2 Documents folder,. requiring backing that up every time to be safe
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Aug 2021 at 9:32 PM
Hello I really don't have an exact photo for this but you need to know that the stock the robot factory had some walls and some floor panels missing but here is what you can do with the robot factory if you download this hood in the 4th post on this thread
Screenshots
Field Researcher
#40 Old 19th Aug 2021 at 10:54 AM
I just saw your thread about your German hood! How is it going with the building? Which states/region of Germany do you use as inspiration? I'm considering trying it out as a Downtown or Vacation hood.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#41 Old 23rd Sep 2021 at 12:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Softlism
I just saw your thread about your German hood! How is it going with the building? Which states/region of Germany do you use as inspiration? I'm considering trying it out as a Downtown or Vacation hood.

I just use my imagination pretty much, I done some googling on German Apartment complexes and I made one Identical to it, other than that I've seen photos of Germany and in video games too, not sure if my city is accurite but It reminds me of Germenay when I play it.

I got a lot of information from this thread
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=655486

and I've designed all my buildings based on what was discussed in there sorry for the late response. it's a nice Urban neighborhood and I like it vary much it took me about a month you are free to download it from this thread if you wish, note that it will replace N004 if you already have a custom neighborhood though

I don't know how to clean hack it so it cannot be uploaded to the main site yet only this thread, other than that It is a perfect addition to anyone's sims 2 game in my own opinion

My personal radio station link in first post (commercial free and all music) listen with Firefox enjoy, this is a gift
me on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/TheAngelClassicRocKMix
Page 2 of 2