Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 7th Jan 2022 at 5:08 AM
Default Is there any world that is just ocean/ if not, how do I make it?
So I was Playing with house boats in a world not made for them, and then I thought "What if there was a world of only ocean so I could have my houseboat dream?" however when I tried to search for so something like that I got 0 results, So I got to making one of my own, However, when I tried to place a platform in the exclusively water world nothing happened.

My Question is this: is there a world comprised of houseboat sailable oceans/ if not what am I doing wrong with the world?
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 12:25 AM
This sounds like a great idea! However, you'd have to have some land because the houseboat "docks" are constructed on land. Even if the houseboat is never docked, I believe there still has to be a dock available for it. I don't think that you have to have a dock for each houseboat but someone else might know better than I. Depending on what rabbitholes/commercial lots you want in your world, you may not be able to have everything on a houseboat. If you use rabbithole rugs you might be able to have many of them. Good luck with your project!
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Feb 2022 at 1:25 PM
If you want a world that feels like just water, you can use a rocky terrain paint to make only absolutely crucial land look like rocks, or texture them with seaweed or a water texture to make them blend into the ocean.
Alchemist
#4 Old 2nd Mar 2022 at 5:45 PM
I've considered making a water world myself as well, several times now. But yeah, it will require some land for the ports. I was thinking a small piece of land that has the ports and also works as a commercial hub. Of course, all the spawners will require some thought; leave some out or land for them, as well. And the graveyard... I'm not sure if a houseboat can be used as one (would like to know if anyone has tested that) and normal graveyard will take at least 40x40 lot. I don't personally like small, cramped graveyards. Also, beach for activities is really a must, at least for me. My simmies always have horses, too. I do have lot of ideas in my head, though.