Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Swedish Funkis Apartment Building

by Galland Posted 22nd Aug 2005 at 3:08 PM - Updated 26th Aug 2005 at 2:17 AM by Galland : Spelling, as allways...

17 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 16 Feedback Posts
Field Researcher
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 6:39 PM
Great work, Galland! I'm in love with this style of architecture as well.
Test Subject
#3 Old 24th Aug 2005 at 2:20 AM
This is beautiful! I am not usually interested in downloading apartments, but this is a must have! :D
Test Subject
#4 Old 25th Aug 2005 at 8:03 PM
this is really cool! i'm gona download. :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Aug 2005 at 2:16 AM
Heh, thanks for the kind words! I was a bit reluctant to upload a house with all über builders here on MTS2, but finally thought that I had something to share.

I will post some pics tomorrow in the Build forum, on some ongoing projects that I have. Its mainly apartment buildings and other city houses from around 1890-1940, sort of Post Classical and Functionalist and the breed of the both. Included are a house with a functional U-shaped wrap around staircase built around a working elevator :-)
Test Subject
#6 Old 27th Aug 2005 at 11:46 PM
I´m from sweden..! ;D
Test Subject
#7 Old 28th Aug 2005 at 10:51 AM
mee too
Test Subject
#8 Old 29th Aug 2005 at 4:44 PM
ok! i´m from Dalarna, you?
Test Subject
#9 Old 3rd Sep 2005 at 8:15 PM
Hi.
I downloaded that house and it is great, but I got on question:

How did you build the stairs that way?
I want to build them this way in my own (sim) house too, because I hate the normal ones, they take too much space.

So can you please explain me how to do it?

Thank you.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 7th Sep 2005 at 12:31 PM
Hi Galland!

Great house, Galland! I have been waiting too see your work! Beautiful design and it is no doubt that this is a good old funkis building!

We need more funkis houses for our Sims!
Inventor
#11 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 8:19 PM
I downloaded this and had it in my lot bin for some time but I just recently put it in my neighborhood. Using the University EP's Myne claimable doors I used it to make apartments for 2 of my single females. I absolute love it. After I buy Nightlife I think I'll place one in the Downtown 'hood to put sims in

Now I just need to move a third Sim in the third apartment lol
Test Subject
#12 Old 13th Sep 2005 at 5:03 PM
A very interesting, lovely and well-built house. Well done!
I also live in Sweden, but I'm not sure that I recognise this type of house (I do know the 1930-40-style you were inspired by). I really can't see the typical Swedish Funkis-style in it (I'm sure it must be impossible to create in The Sims 2.), but it is a very beautiful house. I enjoy it very much, and I might download it, although I usually don't download blocks of flats.

Quote: Originally posted by palaplusbecca
ok! i´m from Dalarna, you?

Heh, it's a small world. I am also from Dalarna (Dalecarlia for English and Latin speakers)...
Instructor
#13 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 1:54 AM
Very nice. It's great to see something European and modern.
Test Subject
#14 Old 15th May 2006 at 5:01 PM
werry good work
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 10:44 AM
This is one of my favourite houses. I use it constantly in my neighbourhoods.

I don't know, I'm from Finland, so maybe that's why I love it so much.
Huset är jättebra, tack!
Inventor
#16 Old 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:27 AM Last edited by XTS : 22nd Apr 2007 at 12:34 AM.
Haha, I stalked you Galland.. From the MTS thread where we thanked Delphy and staff I enjoyed what you wrote so I thought I'd see if you had downloads. And you had one. Here I am. lol

My question. Do I need that hack now for the doors or can I just lock them with whatever EP that allowed me to lock (PETS?)? Seems this way even my pets can have their own rooms. :D

Fabulous work! Never been to Sweden (or out of the US) so thanks for bringing it to me

Xts

LOL bear with me. I'm a supporter but it's denying me. I'll be logging in and out for a bit. I just had my simoleon fixed the other day.. May be related problem.

EDIT: 4 logouts and 3 browser restarts (kept hitting wrong link) I finally got it! lol I had to be persistant for this one but I have prevailed! Thanks again!

(Quote) ~ "If it isn't one thing, it's going to be another. It is usually one thing. Oh man, is it a mother" (The Mother of All Things) - PB
Test Subject
#17 Old 2nd May 2009 at 1:08 PM
I love this. I modified it and put in apartment doors and turned it into an apartment-life dwelling... however 1 tiny problem, my fault for laziness... Mr. Humble stuck his computer in front of the stairs and I let a sim cook without skill and start a fire. The firefighter could not get past the computer hehe. So I had to get a sim to open it and get him out of the way. Alls well that ends well. A perfect apartment for a young couple and even one kid.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 12th Aug 2019 at 4:38 PM
I know the last comment was years ago, so I hope this isn't considered necromancy (gratitude shouldn't have a time limit, should it?), but moderators please delete this if it is...

I don't know if Galland will even see this, but I wanted to express my gratitude for this lot. It is required in order to have the Mira's Loft lot by Nikki (Juniper Sun) in my game, and though I used to have it, I could not locate it in my files. I downloaded the Juniper Sun archives (everything Nikki did for TS2), but Mira's Loft was not among the lot files contained therein for some reason (though content for the lot is). I needed to find the original lot on which Mira's Loft is based - Swedish Funkis Apartment Building - but it had been such a long time, I figured it was probably gone for good.

I don't know why these things are so important to me, but when I found it here, I was elated. Thank you, Galland, for creating this wonderful lot, and for keeping it available for download for so long.

Many, many thanks!