Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Transparent expensive fridge w/back grill recolor (request)

by pfish Posted 5th Sep 2005 at 8:10 PM - Updated 23rd May 2006 at 10:23 AM by pfish

27 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 26 Feedback Posts
Page 1 of 2
Field Researcher
#2 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 8:43 PM
thanks thats a cool idea.
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 9:54 PM
PLEASE don't rip things off other peoples sites. It's not tollerated on this site.

This fridge was actually taken from www.sims.top.to, free objects, page 2.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#4 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 10:16 PM
We compared the 2 packages together. The one at sims.top.to is significantly different. pfish's just look like a simple recolor because it only had a material definition, material override, and texture image. I'm not one who recolors, but Master_Jack, did you bother comparing the two?
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 10:16 PM
I also got a transparent fridge from TSR. It IS possible for two or more people to come up with the same concept.

How do you know it is the same exact object?

...just wanna give benefit of the doubt to the talented artists that feed our need for new and improved items.
The Quiet One
retired moderator
#6 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 10:20 PM
Exactly. I have 7.5 GB of downloads. Chances are I have at least a handful of transparent objects as well. Now that more people are recoloring, there will be duplicates.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 11:17 PM
Master_Jake, u really should compare them before u accuse someone. Very nice work pfish .
Scholar
#8 Old 5th Sep 2005 at 11:32 PM
It looks great! Thank you for adding that grill, the wallpaper showing through my other one was not a very good look.
xo
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 12:38 AM
Ummm, for what it's worth I had this fridge on my Sims 1 game,so it's very common to see it in The Sims 2 and you may see it made by several people. You should never accuse someone unless you have certain positive proof...

PS. thanks for making this,just what I was looking for :D
Forum Resident
#10 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 1:51 AM
That is a very cool idea
Alchemist
Original Poster
#11 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 2:47 AM
Master_Jack, I really made this transparent fridge on my own and I added a grill to the back of my fridge. I don't really steal other people's stuff. I made this fridge because someone asked me to make this transparent fridge. I knew there are more transparent fridges everywhere in web sites. I think it is very silly to steal someone's fridge and claim it as my own. So silly!! So silly!! I made this fridge to match my other dishwasher. Please first ask questions before accusing me of stealing other people's stuff. Thanks.

Update: July 2009-I am back now to make invisible and tranparent recolors again in sims 2. You can pm me if you want your objects to be invisible and transparent from now.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:00 AM
Good job pfish.
Field Researcher
#13 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 3:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by daysies
Exactly. I have 7.5 GB of downloads. Chances are I have at least a handful of transparent objects as well. Now that more people are recoloring, there will be duplicates.

wow, 7.5 GB thats awesome. My game is only about 4 gb rounded. I think I only have about 1 gb worth of dl's too (But i dunno this stuff is way over my head)

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Test Subject
#14 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:21 AM
hahah i have like a 1gb download folder and only know wot bout 300mb actually is rest i dont know wot it is but dont want to take the chance of deleting stuff and ruining my sims and lots
Field Researcher
#15 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:41 AM
lmao I have 580 files in my dl folder but not even 1 gb (0.058352633332 GB to be exact ) Wow Daysies you have to have a ton of files then.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 4:50 AM
I can vouch for pfish because I'm the one who requested it. Thanks pfish for making it.
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 9:35 AM
Sorry, I didn't compare. Daysies, your game must run awfully slowly with that many downloads! I recently cleared my folder because actually getting from inserting the cd to getting to the neighbourhood selection screen took 7-8 minutes. Now it takes less than 1 and a half.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 10:31 AM
Well , everthing can be positive , so while a game is loading ( 7 - 8 Minutes :joy: ) , there is time to fix a nice cappucino to feel * great at home * while playing sims.

I never had problems by waiting a little while for best result :nod: .

Greetings from Shalimar :wave:
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 6th Sep 2005 at 11:41 AM
Thanks!
This is awsome. It'll look great in my newest story. :-)
Field Researcher
#20 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 4:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Master_Jake
Sorry, I didn't compare. Daysies, your game must run awfully slowly with that many downloads! I recently cleared my folder because actually getting from inserting the cd to getting to the neighbourhood selection screen took 7-8 minutes. Now it takes less than 1 and a half.

I'm suprised mine doesn't run that slow. I was on the computer during a storm though and the power went out and fried my computer so I need a new one now. I'm gonna lose all my dl's and game now

あなたはすてきですよ。あいしてる
Scholar
#21 Old 10th Sep 2005 at 1:47 PM
fantastic! thanks!
Inventor
#22 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 4:45 PM
nice i love it.
Lab Assistant
#23 Old 6th Nov 2005 at 3:19 AM
Thanks Pfish. i have the one from Asamo, but i wanted the expensive one so my sims would quit asking for it. ihad one before that was 1500 but lost it when my game crashed. love the diish washer too.
#24 Old 14th Dec 2005 at 1:52 AM
Yeah nice work. haha. Yeah I have about 10 gigs worth of dls and I know I have some trnsparent stuff. I'm sure different people made it too.
Test Subject Forevermore
#25 Old 21st Mar 2006 at 3:08 PM
this is probably the best fridge i've ever seen, i wish i had your talents.... i'd be great, well... i don't get the concept of meshing and all those things, i just download!=)
THANKS!!!! Accd94
Page 1 of 2