Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#26 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 1:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Revs
Hey,

Does anyone know if theres a tutorial for building underground garages anywhere?

I've seen a few available for d/l so i know it must be possible.

Thanks

I made a tutorial for building a working garage on a downward slope which you can download in HTML here;

http://www.insimenator.net/download.php?id=3227

The full thread for background info and pictures is here;

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1499

I hope this helps!
Advertisement
Test Subject
#27 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 5:39 PM
Thanks i'll check that out
Field Researcher
#28 Old 5th Oct 2005 at 8:15 PM
I finally made a garage and I made the mistake of closing it in on all four sides with the car in it and then there is no way to click on the car, so I took off one wall and put on a half wall and I can click on the car now, it works perfect.

thanks for the tutorial.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#29 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 12:11 AM
Erm, you could just play with the walls down, or half down.

Sims have thought bubbles which we see and think they're nuts... I have a blog which people see and think I'm nuts!
If you put any of my work on a pay site or the exchange... I have Satellites on command! Muhaha
Test Subject
#30 Old 20th Nov 2005 at 8:33 AM
to those people wanting to put a garage on the very right of their lot u use "moveobjects on" cheat and use the drive extension to put right by the sidewalk then u can put a garage door on to that voila a garage right up to the sidewalk and near as u like to the right hand side

Plz take a look at my new site (it is still in the design stage though) http://www.simmingtwos.co.nr/

plz view my download page:
stevy_d10 downloads
Test Subject
#31 Old 26th Nov 2005 at 7:36 PM
is there a way to have the ext peice of a driv e way be anyother postion then as straighted lined up peice
Test Subject
#32 Old 16th Dec 2005 at 5:43 PM
Wow! Now I can build my own garage!!!!!!!! Thank you so much Envious!!!!!!!!!
#33 Old 23rd Dec 2005 at 7:14 PM
i am new and i wont to make a house for my sims.
Top Secret Researcher
#34 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 12:38 AM
Did you build a complete wall on the front? The garage doors are just like other doors in that they go in a wall.

Because it is hard to find the interface between driveway & extension, I normally:
1. Place driveway.
2. Build wall across end of driveway.
3. Place extension
4. Build the rest of the garage.
5. Install garage door between extension & driveway.

As best I can tell, the garage door is actually optional. Cars still "magically" get inside the garage, with or without a door.

This makes it easier for me to know where to put the walls.... I hate counting squares.
Test Subject
#35 Old 10th Jan 2006 at 11:13 PM
Hi, Found this thread looking for some info... I also found other threads, and since one item i found in those threads is asked by several people in this one, I thought i'd add it..

As per placing the garage door and it won't place, where the only suggestion here is exit the game and come back... I think that problem is probably what I read about the MOVEOBJECTS cheat.. if this is ON, you can't place garage doors, if you exit, it turns the cheat off, and voila!! you can add a door.. Try just turning it OFF next time?
Hope this helps people endure less game restarts.

"Born to WooHoo" T-shirts and items.
My other designs. Feel free to request new ones!
Test Subject
#36 Old 14th Jan 2006 at 9:43 PM
Default Repositioning The Driveway
Can You Change The Direction Of The Driveway? E.g - If You Have A Corner Lot, Can The Driveway Extension Come From The Side Street That Does Not Have The Mailbox Or Trashcan? Or Once The Drive Way Is Laid, Can The Extension Be Turned At A Right Angle So The The Garage Door Is Not Facing The Street, But The House.

ALWAYS BE PREPARED TO HERE THE TRUTH!!!
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Feb 2006 at 10:25 PM
Thank-you so much I was sooo lost! Smiles and Hugs!!!

christi wolle
Test Subject
#38 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 10:04 AM
hi,
thanks for this great tutorial ive been looking for one for a while my sims will love their garage
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 1:23 PM
I'm still having trouble with a driveway in the Veronaville neighborhood. I tried another lot and it went in just fine, but it's telling me "location out of bounds" when I try on the other lot.. I'm not sure why it's doing this, I'm positioning it the way the FAQ says. :/
Test Subject
#40 Old 18th Mar 2006 at 4:03 PM
hi im trev nice 2 meet u lot
Test Subject
#41 Old 12th Apr 2006 at 7:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SteveUK
I made a tutorial for building a working garage on a downward slope which you can download in HTML here;

http://www.insimenator.net/download.php?id=3227

The full thread for background info and pictures is here;

http://www.insimenator.net/viewtopic.php?t=1499

I hope this helps!

I tried clicking on the links, but they don't work. Have the tuturials moved?

~ I'm the sanest person I know ~

My YouTube Channel
Test Subject
#42 Old 28th Apr 2006 at 1:50 AM
Thank you for posting this! I was trying to figure out why the heck I couldn't set down a driveway and it's because I have the moveobjects "on", go figure. So thanks again for posting this.
Test Subject
#43 Old 29th May 2006 at 11:16 PM
I am only using prebuilt lots "Goth" and "Caliente" families.

The Goth lot has a permanent fence around it that I have found no way to remove. The Calinte lot has no fence and I built a driveway with no problem. I have tried to install the driveway on the Goth lot and I cannot do it. Is there any way to install a driveway on a lot with a fence around it, or, is there any way to remove the fence around the Goth lot, or similar lots with a fence?

Thanks.
Test Subject
#44 Old 1st Jun 2006 at 11:54 PM Last edited by Lucky Bob : 2nd Jun 2006 at 1:16 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by lowtek
I am only using prebuilt lots "Goth" and "Caliente" families.

The Goth lot has a permanent fence around it that I have found no way to remove. The Calinte lot has no fence and I built a driveway with no problem. I have tried to install the driveway on the Goth lot and I cannot do it. Is there any way to install a driveway on a lot with a fence around it, or, is there any way to remove the fence around the Goth lot, or similar lots with a fence?

Thanks.

I have a similar problem with a pre-built fence. I was hoping this question had been answered, but since it has not, consider this another request! :D
Mad Poster
#45 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 10:42 AM
lowtek & Lucky Bob,

I don't understand why you two can't delete the fences in the lot coz I can definitely delete them either with the wall tool or the fence tool in my base game copy.

Is that an NL bug?

But anyway, you can try to just place an exension piece for the private car portal. The bad side is that no animation of the car entering the parking area will result, but it still works OK.
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 3:11 PM Last edited by Lucky Bob : 2nd Jun 2006 at 4:46 PM.
Oh, damn, I didn't know there was a fence tool, otherwise I would've checked it out. And as long as my Money character can buy a car, I'm happy!

Edit: And I can't find the Fence tool... anybody feel like lending a hand? I'm gonna check out Google first, but I don't warranty my researching skills.

Edit #2: Turns out you can just use the wall tool to delete fences (although I still want to find the GUI for it), so I now have a car!
Test Subject
#47 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 7:28 PM
I'm sorry, I have a terribly stupid question about garages, placing them, etc. If I wish to build a house with an attached garage, but want the house to be on a foundation, how do I do this (I understand that garages cannot be on foundations)? I know I've seen homes with attached garages and foundations. Crazy world, I know.
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 3rd Jul 2006 at 11:38 AM
who that I can find this on the web! I can do it at my self you know but some athor people don't know this. So you are great!
Test Subject
#49 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 1:43 AM
Hi everybody.

I almost went crazy trying to build a driveway/garage, until I find a post where someone said something about the driveway button on the build area of the game.
Until then, I suppose that everybody was capable of build one, but now I'm pretty sure that is not so.

I've just have TS2, no expansions.
I need Nightlife EP to make driveways/garages, didn't I?

Maybe it would be a good idea to pinpoint this to any other newcomers.

Nice job, everybody.

Mad Poster
#50 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 7:12 AM Last edited by niol : 19th Dec 2006 at 4:54 PM.
in the title, "TUTORIAL: How to build a Driveway / Garage (Nightlife Only)", it's been assumed people know "(Nightlife Only)" = "Nightlife EP" only.

However, it's a good practice to visit the "site map " and suport
So, a newcomer can know how this site is fundumentally constructed and know about the EP things...on the way.

Added after he following reply:
pelonsim,
That may be the case...
Page 2 of 3