Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

My recolors of the "A Stroke" painting by Maxis

by ephemera_transient_msr Posted 29th Sep 2005 at 8:32 PM

18 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 17 Feedback Posts
Test Subject
#2 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 8:47 PM
Wow they look great!Thank you
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 8:49 PM
Thanks! I am having an even harder time trying to put rooms together now with university AND nightlife...

Maybe I'm a bit too picky but I turn my nose up more often than not...

Anyhow, these are fantastic.
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 9:14 PM
Loving your work Ephemera. Thanx a lot for these fantastic paintings!

In memory of my sister who died suddenly on 25th April,2005. Mum and I love you, hun, and we miss you so much. xx
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 29th Sep 2005 at 9:44 PM
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

you stare at my shoulders
are you surprised to see one more devil 
where angel wings should be..?
Faster kill pussycat
#6 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 12:21 AM
thank you so much!! I love these!They will go great in my newset house!!
nova

Damn I just saw they were for night life!! could you make some for Uni?

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:18 AM
Default Hi Nova-Storm :) = Re: Uni-compatible recolors
Quote: Originally posted by nova-storm
thank you so much!! I love these!They will go great in my newset house!!
nova

Damn I just saw they were for night life!! could you make some for Uni?

I would love to! Unfortunately, I only know how to recolor an already existing painting, and since this one came from Nightlife, I don't know how to tamper with it or make a mesh like it for Uni.

However, if you like, I can use some of the more rectangular paintings from Uni (I'm thinking of the vertical ones, especially), and recolor those. Let me know what you think of the idea, and I'll take of it as soon as I can find a break from writing stories.

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aikea guinea
Beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing!

Thanks for downloading them! *huggles* :valentine

Once a tightly-furled bud, the house was slowly revealing itself to him, its petals unfolding to expose its secret beauty. ~When Shadows Whisper, P.1|Part 4|MSR Story List & FAQ|MSR Graphics
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by phoenix
Loving your work Ephemera. Thanx a lot for these fantastic paintings!

Thanks very much! I'm glad you liked them. :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by annadee
Thanks! I am having an even harder time trying to put rooms together now with university AND nightlife...

Maybe I'm a bit too picky but I turn my nose up more often than not...

Anyhow, these are fantastic.

Thanks very much for downloading and enjoying them! :D

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tee32
Wow they look great!Thank you

Thanks bunches --- I'm glad you liked them. :D

Lab Assistant
#12 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 1:52 AM
you can make them have their own slot by cloning the base object, giving it a new guid and then using your recolors. (in a nutshell)
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 5:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
you can make them have their own slot by cloning the base object, giving it a new guid and then using your recolors. (in a nutshell)

Thanks for the tip! After I read it, I figured I'd search for a tutorial among the SimPE help files. I was able to find one, but I still have to wrap my brain around it. It might take me a while, but I'll manage it in the end.

Field Researcher
#14 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 10:54 PM
Awesome recolor! Thanx!
#15 Old 30th Sep 2005 at 11:54 PM
Nice paintings. But I don't have nightlife. Hope to see more from you.
Faster kill pussycat
#16 Old 1st Oct 2005 at 12:57 AM
ll not sure how to do that but when I get SimPE is back up I will give it a try!!

If you could take a pic of them real close I can do it easy I think

Now I'm not looking for absolution. Forgiveness for the things I do. But before you come to any conclusions. Try walking in my shoes. You'll stumble in my footsteps.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#17 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 5:48 PM
Default New recolors available --- compatible with all
Sorry for multiple posting, but I just wanted you guys to know that I've just uploaded new recolors that are now compatible with the core game, Uni, and Nightlife. Check them out at:

http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=93848

Thanks again for all the kind comments. :valentine

Lab Assistant
#18 Old 2nd Oct 2005 at 7:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ephemera_transient_msr
Thanks for the tip! After I read it, I figured I'd search for a tutorial among the SimPE help files. I was able to find one, but I still have to wrap my brain around it. It might take me a while, but I'll manage it in the end.

JWoods wrote a stunningly easy to follow object creation tutorial, better and easier to follow than any I have ever seen.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59293
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#19 Old 3rd Oct 2005 at 12:09 AM
Thanks Nectere
Quote: Originally posted by nectere
JWoods wrote a stunningly easy to follow object creation tutorial, better and easier to follow than any I have ever seen.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=59293

Thanks for the link! I tried to d/l it earlier but the d/ls were temporarily down. I'm going over there right now to check it out. :D