Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

A Dozen Thinking Caps

by fanseelamb Posted 21st Oct 2005 at 6:51 AM - Updated 11th Oct 2008 at 11:24 PM by fanseelamb : shiny new pics

10 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 8 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Thanks are currently OFF: Show Thanks Posts for this thread
Field Researcher
#2 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 7:04 AM
I hate the origional thinking cap, thanks, for making new colors!

um... yeah...
Test Subject
#3 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 2:43 PM
thanks so much!! the original is ugly! now smart people can look good!!!
~blondi
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 3:17 PM
I'm just curious, does anyone actually use thinking caps? I never have tried one. Do they work?
Anyway, I like the new colors. Variety is good.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 4:11 PM
I've tried them on my sims, but cant really notice any significant increase of skill learning speed(which i think is their purpose?).
Demon Sheep
retired moderator
Original Poster
#6 Old 21st Oct 2005 at 5:51 PM
I think they work. I don't always use them, but if my sim needs a promotion or something I'll make 'em wear a thinking cap. They're supposed to make your sim learn twice as fast. The thing is, the higher the skill level you're going for, the longer it takes to learn... so sometimes it's hard to notice. But they do work. And now that the Smart Milk + Thinking Cap bug is supposedly fixed they should be even more useful.
#7 Old 8th Dec 2005 at 5:31 PM
cool mate thanks
Field Researcher
#8 Old 9th Apr 2006 at 10:41 PM
Thanks so much for these much needed recolors.

watch Jensen Ackles in Supernatural
watch Allison Mack in Smallville
watch Jeff Hardy in Monday Night Raw
Field Researcher
#9 Old 27th Jul 2006 at 2:30 AM
Yes, TriciaT57, the thinking cap does work. I use it all the time. I don't know that it helps sims learn twice as fast as they would without it, but I can tell you that it does speed up the process.

The easiest way to test this is to compare two sims studing a skill they haven't studied yet; it doesn't have to be the same one, just the same level. Tell one sim to use a thinking cap (make sure the sim has a gold aspiration bar status, of course), and let the other one study without it. It works!

.^_^.
Nila
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 28th Oct 2007 at 1:01 PM
I use the thinking cap a LOT, and green is my least favorite color. So thanks for all the pretty colors!

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Instructor
THANKS POST
#11 Old 6th Jun 2013 at 4:39 AM
I use them a lot too. My Uni students get one their first semester and use it every day to get their skills up fast. (I also run them thru in one day per semester so every bit of extra speed helps.) I will love having enough colors that everyone can have a different one. Hmmmm, I may even customize a few to fit individual sims preferred colors. Pink & yellow, maybe. Yellow and lt green. Lavender and lime. OH, YEAH, FUN!