Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:10 AM Last edited by leefish : 14th Oct 2013 at 2:52 AM. Reason: not a condo either
Default The Lovely Condo
After Getting Rejected Twice, I Decided To Show This House To The Public.
I DID Build It From Scratch. Sorry For The Weird Edges.

1 Bed, 2.5 Bath
Basement
Driveway
1 Floor
Flat Screen TV
Modern Style Hhouse

Those Are Some Of The Features. Enjoy!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:18 AM
No wonder with a name like that. Is English not your first language?

Firstly was it rejected or changes required?

1) Auto roof isn't allowed unless you are using it in conjunction with a draw on roof. So improve the roof.
2) Make sure you take screenshots of your lot without showing any grid lines.
3) Get much lower and straight on with your camera you are too high up and far away.
4) The edges of your lot are not flat. You need to say in your submission that the edges are not flat and will distort neighbourhood terrain. Really you should have a good reason for non flat edges not just that they are there.
5) You need to paint a little terrain paint under all the plants.
6) Change the name. You do know what a condom is I take it? Not a house name that's for sure. If you don't you might want to put that into Google and check images.

And nothing to do with your lot but quit posting with capital letters for the first letter in each of your words. You have been told about this before, so why do it? I'm sure wherever you went to school did not teach such methods. It's annoying and against site rules.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Former Hamster
retired moderator
#3 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 1:33 AM
I'm pretty sure one of the rejection reasons was unrealistic features - like the long windows in the kitchen with a counter and refrigerator in front of them. Other than that, Jo pretty much covered it all. You're honestly better off starting over with this house on a FLAT lot since there's so much you'd need to change as it is now.

I will repeat part of what Jo told you - The Typing Like This. Please stop doing that. You have been told about it previously and it is something you can get a warning for.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 2:57 AM
Default Suggest A New Name
Suggest A New Name For The Lovely Condom.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:00 AM
Are you being a troll or what? We just asked you to stop typing with those capitals. I am quite willing to help you build a better lot and suggest a name but if you are being annoying on purpose ~ adiós.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Are you being a troll or what? We just asked you to stop typing with those capitals. I am quite willing to help you build a better lot and suggest a name but if you are being annoying on purpose ~ adiós.

You Actually Think I'm A Troll? A Weird Typing Style Does Not Mean I'm A Troll.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:08 AM
Rule 1 copy pasted.
Obey staff at all times: If a moderator or administrator tells you something, then do it, whatever it may be. We do not try to be mean or heavy-handed here (just the opposite) but staff does have complete discretion to enforce the rules as written, and things that may come up beyond the rules.

I'm done.

~Call me Jo~
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#8 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 3:48 AM
NissanGTRFan - you are not a newspaper.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 5:12 AM
Lesee...
You're told by many people in many different threads that a particular annoying habit (in this case, typing style) is against site rules. You claim you'll change this.
After maybe one compliant post, you go right back to it anyway. Rinse, repeat.

You respond to constructive criticism and questions with inane frivolity.

You refuse to look up a word more than one person has suggested to you is not being used correctly. (Because you probably know exactly what it means anyway and think it's funny.)

You offer something mediocre, then take it public in an attempt to, what? Frighten the mean mods who rejected it into accepting it after all, due to our cries of outrage over how they could be so unfair to such a nice person as you?

Okay, that last just means you're probably young and haven't yet learned that praise-worthy efforts take, well, effort. And a willingness to learn and improve.

All the rest means yeah, you're a troll.

I, too, am done.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Oct 2013 at 12:39 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 12:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by M.M.A.A.
I think you mean Condo, instead of Condom.

Yes, that's better.
Site Helper
#12 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:29 AM
NissanGTRFan, you will be unlikely to be accepted until you learn to follow the site rules. You've been asked not to type like that over and over again, yet you continue to ignore the site rules. If you honestly want to be a part of this community, it makes sense to follow the rules of the community. How can we take you seriously when you show so little respect for everyone else?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 11th Oct 2013 at 2:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mootilda
NissanGTRFan, you will be unlikely to be accepted until you learn to follow the site rules. You've been asked not to type like that over and over again, yet you continue to ignore the site rules. If you honestly want to be a part of this community, it makes sense to follow the rules of the community. How can we take you seriously when you show so little respect for everyone else?

I have changed my typing style.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 4:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NissanGTRFan
Yes, that's better.

Well, now, can you change the title? From Condom to Condo? It would be more appealing and people will be more likely to view this thread if they don't think its an 18+ thing.
Scholar
#15 Old 12th Oct 2013 at 5:29 PM Last edited by BlakeS5678 : 12th Oct 2013 at 10:22 PM.
Well, I have some other suggestions, if you actually plan on uploading this:

*Fix the pool. Why is it such an odd shape? Perhaps you should use a bigger lot:
*Look at the colors and themes your using, they don't match at all.
*Who are you building this house for? What type of Sims do you intend to live here? A family? A bachelor? Tailor your house to that.
*Get rid of the basement, just get scrap it.
*Why is your bathroom so large? Make it smaller
*A lot of the furniture your using is extremely expensive. I don't mean that in a good way. A tiny house with expensive furniture makes no sense, in this case.
*Put furniture outside, it looks very dead and unused, with only a pool. It looks very crowded on the porch
*The trees don't match, fix them
*Paint the terrain please.
*Your house doesn't have to be a square. Look at how houses are shaped in real life to get an idea.
*Why is there a tree in front of your porch? That will cause a routing issue.

Overall, I think this lot has potential, but it needs a lot of work, as it is

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Me? Sarcastic? Never.
staff: administrator
#16 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 12:31 AM
Well condo isn't accurate either. Condo is short for condominium, where you own a small portion of the building and share communal areas. Similar to apartments, but owned rather than rented.
Theorist
#17 Old 13th Oct 2013 at 1:37 AM
If I were looking for a house to download I check pictures carefully to see if a sim can move around easily, all seating accessible and items are useful. Here is a list of what I see, I may be wrong because the pictures are zoomed out too far.

01. Can't tell if this is a 1 or 2 family building. Either way there are too many love seats scattered around and I can see only 1 twin bed in all the pictures.
02. 1 bathroom is too big with 2 tubs, there is another half bath and a basement with a tiny bathroom.
03. Tree placed in front of the stairs and on the walkway
04. 2 porches with a lot of unneeded furniture
05. If this is a 2 family, the left side has what appears to be kitchen items but no table or chairs. A sofa, no books or any other skill or fun items visible.

Wall and floor choices don't really matter as I could switch out to whatever I wanted, but others have a point. Pictures say a lot so color schemes are probably important to 'sell' a house. Good luck on your buildings.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 12:17 AM
Well, now, can you change the title? From Condom to Condo? It would be more appealing and people will be more likely to view this thread if they don't think its an 18+ thing.

I don't have Open For Buisness.
Scholar
#19 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:16 AM
I don't have Open For Buisness.

What that does have to do with you changing the thread title? I'm really starting to think you're a troll

Just call me Blake! :)
Hola, hablo español también - Hi, I speak Spanish too.
Sesquipedalian Pisciform
retired moderator
#20 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 2:51 AM
I will change the title for you. Happy to help.

More downloads by Leesester, BoilingOil and others at Leefish.nl | My Stuff at Leefish.nl | LeeFish RSS | Sims4 News Blog | TumblinLeefish
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#21 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BlakeS5678
What that does have to do with you changing the thread title? I'm really starting to think you're a troll

I meant in-game.
Mad Poster
#22 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 10:35 AM
I meant in-game.

But I didn't ask you to change anything in-game.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#23 Old 14th Oct 2013 at 7:03 PM
But I didn't ask you to change anything in-game.

Oh ok. Sorry for saying that.
Site Helper
#24 Old 15th Oct 2013 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Mootilda : 15th Oct 2013 at 9:14 PM.
If it's called a "condom" in-game, then I believe that you should change that, too.

It's very simple to change the name of a lot. Put the lot into your lot bin, then add it back to your neighborhood. You'll be given a chance to rename the lot before it is placed.
Locked thread | Locked by: Yogi-Tea Reason: old - will re-open if requested